Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What happens next if it WAS created in a lab in Wuhan?

Options
  • 15-04-2020 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭

Ok so I posted this in the Coronavirus thread and it got taken down and was told it should be posted here for some reason. What happens if the pentagon discovers the virus was created in Wuhan. With thousands of Americans dying everyday would this mean immediate nuclear war and world war 3?

I'm not saying I believe that it was created in Wuhan or anything but I am worried that there is certainly a POSSIBILITY that it WAS, and if that is discovered we are probably looking at all out war. Basically, we think things are bad now but it could get a whole lot worse if was in fact created in a lab..Anybody else feeling similarly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

China is turned into a nuclear wasteland, the US economy booms after they take back their manufacturing and Trump is elected president for life.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

I defo think it was from the lab in Wuhan.

The idea that it came from a middle age style market down the road from a lab that contains these type of virus's is fanciful.

I'm not saying it was released on purpose more likely by accident. But anybody who laughs at the lab theory is a moron.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8218817/State-Department-warned-2018-Wuhan-lab-cause-new-SARS-like-pandemic.html

if the great and good don't like the mail - the same story run in other media.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

is_that_so wrote: »

I agree from what I know about viruses generally. But we also have to reckon with the fact that the US may want a war regardless and this could be the perfect opportunity to get away with it. Especially if their economy really crashes, are they really gonna let their empire and dominant position waste away without a fight? I find it very hard to believe that all these nuclear weapons get developed by countries but never get used. One day, possibility very soon, nuclear war WILL break out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Two Chinese university experts conducted a comprehensive analysis, in Jan and they found no horseshoe Bats got sold at the Chinese Wuhan Wet market. They interviewed 54 people who worked there. They differed with the Chinese authority that the virus origin was the Wet Market and their report was taken down. They were speculating it was a actually a bio weapon.
    It does make sense if you look at the evidence. Genome sequencing has shown Covid-19- has 80 per genetic similarity to SARs crono-viruses found in Horseshoe Bats. There’s a 20 per cent missing link. Some scientists who prefer to not go there with the bio weapon explantation think there another unidentified animal that had the ( Horseshot bat virus) then passed into a human in a wet Market. They still have not found that missing link genetic sequence.

• Advertisement

Two Chinese university experts conducted a comprehensive analysis, in Jan and they found no horseshoe Bats got sold at the Chinese Wuhan Wet market. They interviewed 54 people who worked there. They differed with the Chinese authority that the virus origin was the Wet Market and their report was taken down. They were speculating it was a actually a bio weapon.
    It does make sense if you look at the evidence. Genome sequencing has shown Covid-19- has 80 per genetic similarity to SARs crono-viruses found in Horseshoe Bats. There’s a 20 per cent missing link. Some scientists who prefer to not go there with the bio weapon explantation think there another unidentified animal that had the ( Horseshot bat virus) then passed into a human in a wet Market. They still have not found that missing link genetic sequence.

You might be right. Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltSd90GE2FQ

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

selassie wrote: »
    China is turned into a nuclear wasteland, the US economy booms after they take back their manufacturing and Trump is elected president for life.
    That's assuming US want their manufacturing back. The chinese didn't pinch all those jobs from America, the western tycoons closed US plants down and relocated them abroad. Their profits have soared and they don't care that America slowly gets turned into a ghost town.
    If China becomes unavailable they will relocate to somewhere else in SE Asia or maybe India. The last thing the multinationals want is for those jobs to come back home and cut their bottom line to ribbons.

paddythere wrote: »

Scary stuff. Making a virus to target a specific race of people! Of course its subtitled so hard to tell if that's the correct translation to what he said?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Curious that all those who have recovered & survived Covid-19 in hospital were not in possession of their mobile phones when recovering on their sickbed.

So maybe 5G phones are to blame for Covid deaths after all :cool:

Nah, I'm not being serious :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

https://www.nature.com/news/engineered-bat-virus-stirs-debate-over-risky-research-1.18787

This article from 2015 discusses the risk of research into a bat/sars like virus... worth a read

"An experiment that created a hybrid version of a bat coronavirus — one related to the virus that causes SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome) — has triggered renewed debate over whether engineering lab variants of viruses with possible pandemic potential is worth the risks."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

One problem with the OP's theory is that it somewhat lazily relies upon AvB (one state vs another state).
    Like all good movies, the bad men are usually a small group of borderless international billionaire types that have their own global agenda.

Accidental release is also a possibility, at one stage that lab had 500 or so bats for testing.
    There were reports of occasional bites, scracthes or fluid release onto the workers.
    Also any negative testing bats could easily have been disposed of at a wet market, pocket change for the local binman/porter etc.

The racial, genetic (inc blood types) and age factoring, indeed range of symptoms from barely a sneeze (or no symptoms), upto 5 day blue face is strange.
    Had dismissed the early reports of ethnics having a bad time, but the US had a few recent reports of their Afro-Americo community having it much worse.

One problem with the OP's theory is that it somewhat lazily relies upon AvB (one state vs another state).
    Like all good movies, the bad men are usually a small group of borderless international billionaire types that have their own global agenda.

Accidental release is also a possibility, at one stage that lab had 500 or so bats for testing.
    There were reports of occasional bites, scracthes or fluid release onto the workers.
    Also any negative testing bats could easily have been disposed of at a wet market, pocket change for the local binman/porter etc.

The racial, genetic (inc blood types) and age factoring, indeed range of symptoms from barely a sneeze (or no symptoms), upto 5 day blue face is strange.
    Had dismissed the early reports of ethnics having a bad time, but the US had a few recent reports of their Afro-Americo community having it much worse.
    Do you remember when the US invaded Afghanistan because they apparently believed Bin Laden had attacked them?

Same applies here, if its some Chinese businessmen then its still gonna be war

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I just hope that is not confirmed. I fear there would either be all out war or else a virus targeted at Chinese ppl would be released in mysterious circumstances. No good outcomes from this if it is ever confirmed.

I just hope that is not confirmed. I fear there would either be all out war or else a virus targeted at Chinese ppl would be released in mysterious circumstances. No good outcomes from this if it is ever confirmed.

While all the news is about the virus. All this happened in last 24 to 48 hours.

-Russia test fired an anti-satellite missile (yesterday)
    -Russian jet buzzes U.S. spy plane in Mediterranean (today)
    -Iranian gun boats harass U.S. warships in Persian Gulf (current situation right now) North Korea fires cruise missiles into sea
    China may have conducted a nuclear test (news out today wall street journal)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

China will play for taiwan. US have the least amount of assets active there ever right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Iamabeliever

Ok so I posted this in the Coronavirus thread and it got taken down and was told it should be posted here for some reason. What happens if the pentagon discovers the virus was created in Wuhan. With thousands of Americans dying everyday would this mean immediate nuclear war and world war 3?

I'm not saying I believe that it was created in Wuhan or anything but I am worried that there is certainly a POSSIBILITY that it WAS, and if that is discovered we are probably looking at all out war. Basically, we think things are bad now but it could get a whole lot worse if was in fact created in a lab..Anybody else feeling similarly?

Something tells me your not far off -
    The general public don't and won't know the full truth in this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Podge201

Queue China with a vaccine now in a few months.

Russian pilot did a Maverick and inverted the aircraft he was flying :D

https://twitter.com/LucasFoxNews/status/1250539271909519360

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Why are the comments disabled on the video? Most probably horse manure. Those guys are probably really talking about a football match. I doubt he's ebven a professor. Anyone speak Chinese here?

Something tells me your not far off -
    The general public don't and won't know the full truth in this one.

Exactly. We wont know until we wake up one morning (hopefully that is) and find that Atom bombs have been dropped. Trump is a sociopath and would not think twice about destroying every last inch of China if he thought this was a biological weapon. Lets just hope nothing ever comes to light about those Wuhan labs or we are all in big trouble

• Advertisement

Why are the comments disabled on the video? Most probably horse manure. Those guys are probably really talking about a football match. I doubt he's ebven a professor. Anyone speak Chinese here?

comments are not disabled on it, its just a recently uploaded clip of an old clip and has no comments..As for the translation, I have no reason to believe its not right, most of what he is saying has been said by others

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Exactly. We wont know until we wake up one morning (hopefully that is) and find that Atom bombs have been dropped. Trump is a sociopath and would not think twice about destroying every last inch of China if he thought this was a biological weapon. Lets just hope nothing ever comes to light about those Wuhan labs or we are all in big trouble
    And the US wouldn't just stop with China, thay have nukes aimed at Russia, Iran, North Korea etc, if they are going to nuke one target they will have to do them all.
    When Russia for instance gets the early warning that the US has just launched a load of ICBMs, they aren't going to just sit on their hands and wait to see where they are heading, they will fire off hundreds of their own missiles at America while they have the small window of opportunity to do it.
    Hopefully it will never come to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

There's zero chance of that order being followed-Trump is only nominally in charge of the military, and besides China has more than enough nukes to obliterate the US in retaliation. One of his Secret Service guys probably has instructions to take him out if he ever went that nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

comments are not disabled on it, its just a recently uploaded clip of an old clip and has no comments..As for the translation, I have no reason to believe its not right, most of what he is saying has been said by others

Ok so it was on the internet in a foreign language so it must be true. Have you seen the clips from the Hitler movie where they put subtitles making fun of certain topics? It's really funny because they are speaking German and none of speak German but when you read the subtitles it's like they are actually saying what the subtitles say. Until I see that video translated by a credible source not some guy on the internet I'm calling bullsh*te on it, sorry.

Ok so it was on the internet in a foreign language so it must be true. Have you seen the clips from the Hitler movie where they put subtitles making fun of certain topics? It's really funny because they are speaking German and none of speak German but when you read the subtitles it's like they are actually saying what the subtitles say. Until I see that video translated by a credible source not some guy on the internet I'm calling bullsh*te on it, sorry.

Why? You do know a lot of countries have biological weapons programs? Why would somebody stating the obvious about them have to be false?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I don’t believe it was man made BUT if it was created in a lab would that also mean they have a vaccine? Would they create a virus with no cure/vaccine knowing it will also effect their own country/people?

Fox News insisted last night their sources had picked up and heard a person working at the Wuhan facility got infected and then passed the pathogen into someone else. You can’t be believe them either though

Daily Mail got documents that implies there is a real link between the Wuhan 4 facility and Fort Detrick. 

The Daily Mail reported that it has uncovered documents showing that Anthony Fauci’s NIAID gave $3.7 million to scientists at the Wuhan Lab at the center of coronavirus leak scrutiny.
    According to the British paper, “the federal grant funded experiments on bats from the caves where the virus is believed to have originated.”
    Background: following the 2002-2003 SARS coronavirus outbreak, NIH funded a collaboration by Chinese scientists, US military virologists from the bioweapons lab at Fort Detrick & NIH scientists from NIAID to prevent future coronavirus outbreaks by studying the evolution of virulent strains from bats in human tissues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 12trackmind

But we also have to reckon with the fact that the US may want a war regardless and this could be the perfect opportunity to get away with it.

Agreed. Nothing more dangerous than an empire in decline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

So more of the usual Americans and trump are bad guys ****e... as listed earlier , it’s Russia and a number of other countries that have been showing hostility to the US, not the other way around. They haven’t just shown hostility to the US, they have been buzzing our coastline and the Uk a lot recently ..... if they ever decided to take it further it will be the uk and the Us that will be most likely to save us! As regards Germany and the eu... they showed their true cloth recently when trying to decide on aid packages for the eu.... they couldn’t give a fuk about other European countries and have no intention of sharing any financial burden caused by the pandemic

Ps I don’t think that even if it was found that it leaked out of wuhan, it would lead to war... it would lead to a war of words and possible sanctions though .

I do also think that the west’s overall reliance on all manufacturing taking place in China might change after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭rtron

The Americans would need to create a virus that only targets Chinese people so that this does not happen again. If they made a virus that targets everyone like the Wuhan virus, they would end up targeting their own people.

Advertisement