Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

watch dogs for 46 euro inc post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Will these work in Europe, is there not a different format in North America?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

I thought there was myself. Pal here and Ntsc or something similar over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Xbox one games are all region free, not so with xbox 360. Think PS4 games are also region free not sure about PS3. I've ordered from there myself, I think they are pretty popular on boards.

Edit: I don't think you'll be able to trade them in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

they work on next gen, lots of people in the gaming threads recommend the site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

FWIW, PS3 games are also region free. AFAIK there is still only one game that's region locked, it's called Persona 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I import pretty much most of my games now. I wouldnt trade in anyway so if shops didnt want them it would make no difference to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

murphm45 wrote: »
    Will these work in Europe, is there not a different format in North America?
    I thought there was myself. Pal here and Ntsc or something similar over there?

For PlayStation anyway region locking hasn't existed for at least the previous two consoles. PS3 and PS4 will play any games from any region.

Don't own the MS consoles so not sure about those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

Any place where I would get it release day? I think it takes few days for it to be delivered from Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭ccull123

Really tempted to order it but how long should it take?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is there a possibility that you can caught for tax for customs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

This the cheapest your likely gonna find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Videogamesplus
    €46

Amazon
    PS3 €48
    PS4/Xbox One €53

Amazon is probably a safer bet I'd say and you might get it on release day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭cant touchthis

Ad for the game looks good...this is the one where they hack the city...yea?

Is it gonna be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Toast

Yeah hack the city and augmented reality is this games thing. Think all the reviewers are still under embargo at the moment but preordering is always a risk (which is why you get good deals on it). Only do it if you'd have got the game even with a bad review..or you'll be quick to sell it on before the price drops if it turns out bad. Otherwise wait.

PS anyone getting this on PC if you want it on Steam you gotta buy it on Steam. All the other cheap keys etc seem to only activate on Uplay. Steam will still launch UPlay to launch the game if you buy it there but that'll be the only way to get a full Steam version if that matters to you.

It will be in around €43 if you buy digital from the US store on the Xbox One

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

ccull123 wrote: »
    Really tempted to order it but how long should it take?

13 days
    Videogamesplus
    €46

Amazon
    PS3 €48
    PS4/Xbox One €53

Amazon is probably a safer bet I'd say and you might get it on release day
    Definitely won't get it on release day from amazon, not unless you use Parcel Motel and pay extra for the one day delivery.

I'm waiting to see reviews before buying, it's been delayed and apparently a lot of changes were made to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

198321 wrote: »
    Any place where I would get it release day? I think it takes few days for it to be delivered from Canada.

Online from the playstation network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭padair

ShaneU wrote: »
    13 days

Definitely won't get it on release day from amazon, not unless you use Parcel Motel and pay extra for the one day delivery.

I'm waiting to see reviews before buying, it's been delayed and apparently a lot of changes were made to it.

It took three weeks for battlefield To be delivered to me. That said, I have gotten game delivered from them quicker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

13 days

I got Tomb Raider on PS4 on release day from Amazon with super saver delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,316 ✭✭✭naughto

dident amazon send out gta early and any one that got it deliverd through parcel motel got the game early

• Advertisement

naughto wrote: »
    dident amazon send out gta early and any one that got it deliverd through parcel motel got the game early

Yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 15 AiRcTRL

Is there a possibility that you can caught for tax for customs?

Simple answer, yes.

I noticed earlier that this game is also for sale on cd wow for 51 euro including delivery. Im wondering has anyone ever ordered from these before and if so what are they like for delivery times?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I noticed earlier that this game is also for sale on cd wow for 51 euro including delivery. Im wondering has anyone ever ordered from these before and if so what are they like for delivery times?

Comes from Hong Kong on the back of a snail so could be a month before you get it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Comes from Hong Kong on the back of a snail so could be a month before you get it

+1 on that I have ordered games from CD wow before that took 3 months to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Yup, CDwow are atrocious.

Thanks guys,

I just emailed them now to cancel my order. The money has been debited from my account but according to the terms and conditions, once the item has not been dispatched you can cancel with full refund.
    I have a feeling I could be waiting a while#????

Anyone have any experience in this regards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Thanks guys,

I just emailed them now to cancel my order. The money has been debited from my account but according to the terms and conditions, once the item has not been dispatched you can cancel with full refund.
    I have a feeling I could be waiting a while#????

Anyone have any experience in this regards?

They take an age to reply, so your item may dispatch before they get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭jojobeans

It will be in around €43 if you buy digital from the US store on the Xbox One

Can you this for the 360 game too? If so how?

• Advertisement

i order from these guys all the time for ps4 games post is quick no customs either

the price of ps4 games in ireland is crazy 70 for infamous

Advertisement