Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chadwicks Sale Lawnmower

Options
  • 24-04-2014 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I see that Chadwicks have Hyundai Lawnmowers on offer this weekend. A self propelled 17"
    On offer @ 199. Is this a bargain?
    What is their reliability like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,118 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Trying to navigate Chadwicks website is terrible. Is this the mower that's on offer? It got a bad review on Amazon, and... that's the only review I could find - not a good sign.

There's a thread on the gardening forum for recommendations. Look for something with a Briggs and Stratton or Honda engine, with a strong rustproof body. With my last mower, the body fell apart, but the B&S engine still worked :(

If you see what looks like a good deal in a hardware shop, make note of the model number and look for reviews online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭jacob2

hyundai mower thats being sold is made in china also the engine its the same again u pay for wat u get if u looking for a basic mower make sure it has a briggs & stratton engine on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

€199 for a non make mower is ridiculous, save up and buy a proper mower. You won't get value for money.

Short answer, no, not good value, load of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I recently got the model down from that - I think it is on sale for E149. My lawn is relatively small and other than it taking forever to get started the very first time I used it, so far, so good.

Advertisement