Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Zinio 40% off any subscribtion until May 27th

• 23-05-2014 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭

As it says on the tin. :)
    Enter the code MAY40 at checkout.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Got the email also. Just used it to renew a subscription that had two issues left, now have fifteen. So you can use the discount now to stack your subscriptions if you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

tallpaul wrote: »
    Got the email also. Just used it to renew a subscription that had two issues left, now have fifteen. So you can use the discount now to stack your subscriptions if you want!

Looking to avail of this offer but if I have the current issue how do I start it from the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

I just went in to the magazine and ordered a year's subscription as you would with any mag. I have the automatic renewal option off. Added the mag to my basket and put the code into the promo box and paid.

When I checked my subscriptions, it now says I have 15 left where I had 2 previously. (The magazine offers 13 magazines a year).

EDIT: Sorry I misread you post, I think it will bolt on your new subscription to the old one so you don't pay for the same magazine twice...not completely sure though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Cheers the problem is which Ive left out.It is the paper copy that I have not the online one!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Just a FYI - I can get 40 different magazines free on Zinio through my local library website. Might be worth checking them out before you pay for a subscription.

https://www.rbdigital.com/fingal/service/zinio/landing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Just a heads up and I don't know why this is but subs are cheaper through the android app than on the web. for instance, I have selected Edge sub at £23.33 on android, when I go to the web site the charge is £28 so better off buying through the app. I've no idea why this is?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

evostik wrote: »
    Just a FYI - I can get 40 different magazines free on Zinio through my local library website. Might be worth checking them out before you pay for a subscription.

What way does that work? You can download any of the titles on the link free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

evostik wrote: »

That's pretty amazing. I wonder if other libraries around the country have this... or could we all just join Fingal? No doubt it's not as easy as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

That's pretty amazing. I wonder if other libraries around the country have this... or could we all just join Fingal? No doubt it's not as easy as that.

yeah other libraries have it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Can anyone join Fingal library online just to use their free Zinio service???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,907 ✭✭✭dubmick

toby2111 wrote: »
    Can anyone join Fingal library online just to use their free Zinio service???

No, you need to be a resident of the area

Advertisement