Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?

• 30-06-2010 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Just wondering, what producer, songwriter, singer, guitarist etc would you most like to collaborate with?

We just launch a website for music collaboration called emeraz.com and would like to bring some guess collaborators to the site and get them working with our member. So who would you pick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hands down;

Mike Patton & John Zorn

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

Nailz wrote: »
    Hands down;

Mike Patton & John Zorn

Man I'd love to write with Mike Patton! John Zorn.......will have to look that one up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭brettzy

Ah, Mr bungle :D What a day in the studio that would be:)

****ing A! You walk in and you see Mike messing with odd vocals and two 24-track panels, Trey experimenting with the sounds of a Jews Harp and Trevor playing a funky ass bassline, what a band!

John Zorn produced Mr. Bungle's first album, he is the good of Avant Garde, he made Patton into the musical genius he is today!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭xyz1

Nailz wrote: »
    Hands down;

Mike Patton & John Zorn

Those two guys are so far up their own arses you would not get an word in edge-ways.

Would love to do something with Eddie Vedder or Mark Lanegan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

justin beiber and miley cyrus.

i could actually get the world record of Worst song ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

I would love to jam with Pearl Jam but creatively The Edge would be numbero uno.

xyz1 wrote: »
    Those two guys are so far up their own arses you would not get an word in edge-ways.
    No, that's not entirely true, well, it is to a certain extent for John Zorn, not so much for Mike Patton, granted, he's up himself (and by right he should be too), but he works as session musician to do work for people like John Zorn himself, Bjork, Massive Attack, Sepultura, etc. and he abides by their music but also provides his own imput an artist as only suggestions and the band decide what to do with them.

When he was brought in for Irony Is A Dead Scene, his collaboration with Dillinger Escape Plan, they wrote and planned as a band. Everyone had equal imput in Faith No More, except for Jim Martin during Angel Dust as he was dragging down the bands' creative vision, every official member of Mr. Bungle wrote songs aswell as Patton, Tomahawk was Duane & Mike's idea together, and Duane has started writing for a new Tomahawk album a while now as Mike stated in a recent radio interview in Austrailia. Fantômas was all him, and redominantly the Peeping Tom was his too. Fantômas was even recorded by him, so realistically Buzz Osborne, Dave Lombardo/Terry Bozzio and Trevor Dunn were only touring members.

So I believe a collaboration with Mike Patton would run pretty fluently with little or no problems, and some brilliant musical influence from him. But John Zorn, you might be right, but he's a man who knows what he wants, and I would be privileged to work with such a musical pioneer and influence to me, so I would not be bothered in the slightest with taking orders! Patton himself said he was the best musician he played with and put sent him in the direction of where he is now. Saying the best thing that happened in his career was in 1991 when Zorn told him for the first time (with no bother or hesitation);

"You're playing ****, do it better!"

Mike said it defined ambition and vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Difford and Tillbrook

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭ttoppcat

Can they be dead? If so Townes Van Zandt. Also Mark Lanegan and Josh Homme. Oh and maybe Brian Wilson too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

i'd like to meet some of these guys, sure, but jam with them? damn, i'd be too self conscious to. that's like doodling on a napkin in front of van gogh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

Marsha of Floetry. :cool:
    Fantastic.

couldn't afford her though...

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Caught

Lol, I'm always thinking this, saying "wouldn't it be great to sing/write with..."
    I wrote a song the other day, and something about it just screams at me "Jedward". Whenever I read it I say to myself "you should become famous and learn to sing really really well, because this song needs Jedward to sing it with you." :L Please dont post lots and lots of abuse about this to me. :)

Ehm, I'd like to write/sing with Nick Jonas, or all the Jonas Brothers. I'd love to write/sing with Demi Lovato too. I used to think Miley Cyrus, but not anymore. Her new songs are a bit too "ihh" for me, I don't know what it is...
    I'd also LOVE to write/sing with Pixie Lott, I adore her. I think she's like amazing. And I love Fox Avenue, I think they're brilliant too. :)
    Oh, and The Script, I loveee them too! I met Danny the other day, almost fainted. I love them like so much, they're unbelievably great. :)

Obvs I'm into teeny bop and pop music. :L

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i would love to collab with

tom delonge - blink 182 / angels and airwaves

john foxx

mr hudson

the xx

pixie lott . . . . so talented and . . .B.E.A UITFUL :)
    benjamin gibbard

timberland

gary barlow from take that . . . . great song writer

A V A wrote: »
    as much of a not fag as i am, i have to agree

the use of the word fag is a harsh word :P i aint one . .i can admit that he is a great song writer. . .more of a man to do so :) n the one thing that annoys me is that people hum along to songs on the radio etc and he write a fear few songs for a good few people these days . . . hypercrits :P:P

A V A wrote: »
    i would love to collab with

tom delonge - blink 182 / angels and airwaves

john foxx

mr hudson

the xx

pixie lott . . . . so talented and . . .B.E.A UITFUL :)
    benjamin gibbard

timberland

Oh dear...

oh whats wrong with you ??? haha i like some people for the way they write music and some people for the lyrics !! nothing wrong with that!!

i should of really added ian curtis (if he was alive),peter murphy for bauhaus and trent reznor !!! . . . .they are great legends of writing music no matter what anyone says

Trent Reznor is more like it. But a lot of the individuals above seem to hit the line of popular music and are somewhat produced that way in order for it to be liked, I'm the type who is a complete arsehole when it comes to music writing because I avoid all common or typical styles out of spite and a hardcore vision of originality, it's very Avant Garde as such, I just write weird **** with ****ed up structure, so don't mind me - if you like it; respec'!

• Advertisement

i dont mind if you dons mind or respect my choices.i like trent reznor , atticus ross , pete murphy all that kind of music but i also like some mainstream because of the way the music is and the way its structured etc i liked fcuked up sh*t aswell annd write weird stuff , using my ms-20 and running my guitar with reacktor with drum machines etc ,i just really all sorts of music

I write this kind of ****ed up ****;

John Zorn is great!

i'd collab with buzz osborne just to touch his hair

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

new fang wrote: »
    as much of a not fag as i am, i have to agree

Followed by

*cough*

That was quick....:pac:

I like that statement, lets converse...

sure! here's a melvins related anecdote. a couple of months ago my laptop got stolen. it was a really nice laptop but there was no point dwelling on it so i did my best to move on. the real kick in the balls came a week later when i realized my copy of "houdini" was still in the drive.

there's nothing faggy about touching another man's hair. as long as it's above the neck. show me a person who has not dreamed of touching daniel day lewis' moustache and i will show you a person in denial.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 clesherz

I would give a limb to work with Newton Faulkner

sure! here's a melvins related anecdote. a couple of months ago my laptop got stolen. it was a really nice laptop but there was no point dwelling on it so i did my best to move on. the real kick in the balls came a week later when i realized my copy of "houdini" was still in the drive.

there's nothing faggy about touching another man's hair. as long as it's above the neck. show me a person who has not dreamed of touching daniel day lewis' moustache and i will show you a person in denial.
    Bummer man, total bummer! Hey, nothing gay about that at all. If only I had a chance to touch Dimebag's pink beard..

agian now , miike snow , starsmith , ellie goulding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Billy Corgan. Even just to know what it's like to work with a hardcore perfectionist that demands as many takes as possible to finally nail a certain part 100% or that wants 40 tracks of guitar over dubs.

Advertisement