Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

where can you still get fairy lights with shades???

Options
  • 15-12-2010 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

My mother has decided she wants multi coloured fairy lights with shades (hers have stopped working after ten years!!!)

Does any one know anywhere you can still buy these? Ive asked around a few places but everyone says that no one makes them with shades any more!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've been looking everywhere for these too, for the last couple of years actually, and I haven't found them. Someone said that Clery's on O'Connell street sell them, but I trekked in there only to be told they hadn't sold them in a few years.

So far these are the closest I've gotten. I have a set on this year's tree and they look pretty. I'm going to get a few more sets for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Is it the multicoloured ones with a foil "skirt"? so it looks a bit like a flower with the middle the bit that lights up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

The only ones I know with covers are like Clear Star plastic shapes with coloured bulbs underneath, or sometimes you can get snowflake plastic shapes.
    A few places have those

• Registered Users Posts: 33 3roken

No, they had like coloured plastic shades like little flowers. I found some on ebay but they were described as "vintage" and cost €60!!!

http://cgi.ebay.ie/Vintage-noma-boxed-Christmas-fairy-lights-40-/150527695123?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&hash=item230c265913

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

If you're near a Homestore&more, or a b&q, or even a Homebase, I'm sure you can pick up fairy lights with plastic star shaped covers, they look like the type of thing you're looking for.
    B&Qs website here show some star lights (not the ones I have but similar)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭littlemis

tesco,woodies,homebase.Have seen them in these shops this week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭electron

i take it you're in dublin and besides she wants them to look like flowers... :D but otherwise i saw some nice ones in Daly's Electrical in Limerick. cylinder-shaped (like little drums), orange in color if i remember correctly. i didn't check the price though...

• Registered Users Posts: 33 3roken

Actually we're in Galway... but my sister is in dublin so getting them from there wouldnt be a problem.

Got the star ones from b and q for now.

Advertisement