Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants open for takeaway in Waterford during Coronavirus

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Open for most cuisines, would prefer a casual restaurant or pub, nothing overly fancy.

For that type of dining, I really like the Munster Bar on the Mall. The food in some of the hotels (Tower and Granville) is good as well I think. Personally I think the Reg is grand, maybe more touristy/commercial than other places. Geoff's does good food, as does the Kazbar, although I'm not sure what's open yet. Maybe a good plan for you might be to head in the direction of the Apple Market (there's a good concentration of places around there) and see what places are open and serving food

Forgot earlier to mention the Olive Tree and Gino's BTW. You'll have to stay for a fortnight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Sheldor_91

Will be in Waterford City for 1 night Monday 3rd August on the first of our staycation stops, any good restaurant recommendations?

Love la Fontana Italian on the quay prob the best , sheehans steak house close 2nd . Also if you fancy something different after your meal check out axe junkies on o Connell street ! Perfect to finish off the night throwing axes will help you throw away those calories :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭plasticman3327

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah loads... maybe narrow it down as to budget and type of cuisine?

My recommendations in the city centre would be: La Boheme, Everett's, Bodega, Peppers, Momo, L'Atmosphere, Kyoto, Emiliano's, Espresso, Burzza. Shiki, Morzio, McLeary's and Antichi Sapori worth a look too.

Outside the centre, Loko in Ardkeen is excellent - really creative menu - and there are a couple of really good places in Tramore that I've heard about but not gone to: Fish Shop (Shack?) and a place whose name escapes me, but has a terrace right over the beach.

FYI La Boheme and L'Atmosphere are closed down.

If OP is willing to travel out of the centre Loko is unreal for casual grub.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭OhToBeByTheSea

FYI La Boheme and L'Atmosphere are closed down.

If OP is willing to travel out of the centre Loko is unreal for casual grub.

Closed forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,762 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Market bar opening back up tomorrow (food served from Heerys)
    Fri- 5pm- Close
    Sat/Sun- 3pm-Close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Thanks for the info folks, plenty to have a look at there! Would you recommenced Dungarvan for lunch? Planning on doing the Coumshingaun Lough trail walk. (Weather dependant)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Closed forever?

L'Atmosphere was gone before the lock down and the other one recently is what I heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Thanks for the info folks, plenty to have a look at there! Would you recommenced Dungarvan for lunch? Planning on doing the Coumshingaun Lough trail walk. (Weather dependant)

Loads of great spots in Dungarvan, 360 Cookhouse, Berry's, The Moorings to name just a few. A quick walk around and you'll find plenty of choices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fricatus wrote: »
    For that type of dining, I really like the Munster Bar on the Mall. The food in some of the hotels (Tower and Granville) is good as well I think. Personally I think the Reg is grand, maybe more touristy/commercial than other places. Geoff's does good food, as does the Kazbar, although I'm not sure what's open yet. Maybe a good plan for you might be to head in the direction of the Apple Market (there's a good concentration of places around there) and see what places are open and serving food

Forgot earlier to mention the Olive Tree and Gino's BTW. You'll have to stay for a fortnight! :D

Olive tree is closed down too,rack and soul going in there end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

A few open in town tonight and I see The Fat Angel open also!
    I 'think' I saw lights coming from Katty Barry's so maybe it's all slowly starting to kick off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

anybody know what the story is with Mi Asian street food place that opened on John street? closed since end of August, Facebook page says temporary but no sign of life there at all. I thought they were tipping away and it was a nice addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Deisegodeo wrote: »
    anybody know what the story is with Mi Asian street food place that opened on John street? closed since end of August, Facebook page says temporary but no sign of life there at all. I thought they were tipping away and it was a nice addition.

Didn't they only open up there ?

Revolution just posted the photo and phone number of a customer that walked out without paying. ****ty thing to do to a business however is that even legal to post their phone number online?

Revolution just posted the photo and phone number of a customer that walked out without paying. ****ty thing to do to a business however is that even legal to post their phone number online?

Me thinks they made a little bo bo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Me thinks they made a little bo bo

They also edited the post - with the number still in it:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

They also edited the post - with the number still in it:rolleyes:

On facebook?,i cant see any number on it.

On facebook?,i cant see any number on it.

They removed it first from.the text, but they left it up on the photo, then they dropped that too. This is an utter **** up on behalf of revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Wow thats a seriously illegal thing to do. Posting a persons picture AND phone number on a public social media site. I hope he sues the a** off them for that. There are means to get their cash back, like talking to the Guards with the details and sharing the images with them privately. Id say Flash is well used to people walking out given the amount of dodgy characters who are in and out of the bathroom in there day and night.

Wow thats a seriously illegal thing to do. Posting a persons picture AND phone number on a public social media site. I hope he sues the a** off them for that. There are means to get their cash back, like talking to the Guards with the details and sharing the images with them privately. Id say Flash is well used to people walking out given the amount of dodgy characters who are in and out of the bathroom in there day and night.

DT and WLR will be all over this

Wasn't there trouble in the same venue last year with them refusing to serve someone who had a physical impairment ?

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭91wx763

PTH2009 wrote: »
    DT and WLR will be all over this

Wasn't there trouble in the same venue last year with them refusing to serve someone who had a physical impairment ?

Flash is a character himself and has some good staff however he has a few dopes always aboard....

• Advertisement
Advertisement