Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restaurants open for takeaway in Waterford during Coronavirus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

anyone know what there doing in the Kazbar ?

seem to be doing renovations of some sort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

91wx763 wrote: »
    Both the Exchange and Kervicks (and actually Alfies too) are maggotty dirty.

After the covid you'd hope the bars and in particular the sh*thouses in all three would have had a well deserved hosing. And that's before you hose some of the punters. One pint in each is enough and then off to Nickys, which is probably top of the pops in Ballybricken. Tap room could be better, just depressing.

Nicky's one of the worst pubs in Waterford, place would put a bag of speed to sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

fricatus wrote: »
    Lana in the Grenville centre is open now for takeaway. I’ve eaten in their KK branch a few times and it was good, so got takeaway there yesterday - really good.

Another Asian street food place opening on Wednesday in Johns St

https://www.facebook.com/mistreetfoodwaterford/

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭aziz

So what places are open next Monday,I heard that Geoff's won't be

aziz wrote: »

going from facebook

Opening 29th June (solely as Dine in Restaurants)
    Gradys Yard
    Riverside Cottage
    Uluru
    The Cove
    Revolution
    Oskars
    Jack Meades
    The Reg

20th July
    Norris's
    The Cleaboy
    Katty Barry's
    Itty Bittys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

aziz wrote: »

geoffs have been very quiet ... they put out a short piece on social media the other day saying that hopefully they will have news soon but that was the last I heard so doesn't seem likely they will open Monday. they are also one of the places that hasn't done anything to exterior to get ready, as in painting or tidying up, as the cove, kazbar, uluru to name a few, have done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Is rice guesthouse gone for good? I heard it was closed down one day and staff told rathe3 abruptly

The Sweep opening back up on the 29th June with help from O Donnacha's kitchen staff (which its is staying closed for another while)

http://www.ittybittyswaterford.com/ittybittysmenu

Mini nachos and a rake of pints sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Bear Grillz (now known as The Phat Cow)has set up in Gradys Yard...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

niallo76 wrote: »
    Bear Grillz (now known as The Phat Cow)has set up in Gradys Yard...

That’s a great story actually, the guy just started cooking burgers at home and tried them out with people and got good feedback so took the chance and the burgers are is to be delicious. Also Gradys Yard owner was renting the space out to outside food outlets but Bear Grillz apparently have him paying them to be in that space and Gradys Yard Just supply the bar staff and yellow belly beer provided the food separately. Bear Grillz has the business mind now it seems too. Most go in there for food, like supporting ppl like that. I stories I heard of Gradys Yard lease holder I wouldn’t give him a euro if I knew he was involved in the food side.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going from facebook

Opening 29th June (solely as Dine in Restaurants)
    Gradys Yard
    Riverside Cottage
    Uluru
    The Cove
    Revolution
    Oskars
    Jack Meades
    The Reg

20th July
    Norris's
    The Cleaboy
    Katty Barry's
    Itty Bittys

Add The Craftsman (Formerly The Park Inn) have separate restaurant (formerly Bad Bobs) serving food and drink in the bar too, only 4 per table too. Paddy Brownes opened yesterday also.

Add The Craftsman (Formerly The Park Inn) have separate restaurant (formerly Bad Bobs) serving food and drink in the bar too, only 4 per table too. Paddy Brownes opened yesterday also.

must try there during the week, might even get away without buying a meal :D:D

anyone else try any places since the reopenings ?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

PTH2009 wrote:
    must try there during the week, might even get away without buying a meal

Pop out to paddy Brownes and you wont have to buy food ,you can do what you like ! Work colleague was in there last night , place was jammed, lads drinking there all day . Said it's even more packed there tonight .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Tiger Roll wrote: »
    Pop out to paddy Brownes and you wont have to buy food ,you can do what you like ! Work colleague was in there last night , place was jammed, lads drinking there all day . Said it's even more packed there tonight .

The portions are great in Paddy Brownes, the lads just pile up your plate. In the Craftsman you have to almost beg for an extra bit of mash or veg, and the owner is always hovering around watching the chef so it must be one of those pubs where you get the bare minimum nothing more.

The portions are great in Paddy Brownes, the lads just pile up your plate. In the Craftsman you have to almost beg for an extra bit of mash or veg, and the owner is always hovering around watching the chef so it must be one of those pubs where you get the bare minimum nothing more.

Free Covid with every entry in PB’s it’s not a good thing the place is jammers, the owner is rotten with money and couldn’t give a damn about anyone else. It’s night and day the difference between PB’s and The Craftsman. Food is very nice and good portions in The Craftsman plus they are doing the distance right and much more professional. I’d much rather a place that has a bit of class about it.

surprised Geoffs is not open yet, deff has room for social distancing tables

a very odd atmosphere around John Street the weekend,very hard to find somewhere which you can a small dish and drink

suppose if we 'all behave' it will be back to normal on the 20th July

Free Covid with every entry in PB’s it’s not a good thing the place is jammers, the owner is rotten with money and couldn’t give a damn about anyone else. It’s night and day the difference between PB’s and The Craftsman. Food is very nice and good portions in The Craftsman plus they are doing the distance right and much more professional. I’d much rather a place that has a bit of class about it.

I cant comment on the antics in PB at night as I have only been there for carvery but i can definitely say that the chef in PB is very generous with portions and will pile up the roast potatoes, mash and veg no issue. Over in Craftsman, the owner, who i imagine is also tight with money, is always watching what the chef is doing so you end up getting the absolute bare minimum of trimmings with your roast. You have to ask for anything extra and i get the distinct impression they are told "give them only exactly what they ask, nothing extra".

A mean-spirited way to do business in my view.

I cant comment on the antics in PB at night as I have only been there for carvery but i can definitely say that the chef in PB is very generous with portions and will pile up the roast potatoes, mash and veg no issue. Over in Craftsman, the owner, who i imagine is also tight with money, is always watching what the chef is doing so you end up getting the absolute bare minimum of trimmings with your roast. You have to ask for anything extra and i get the distinct impression they are told "give them only exactly what they ask, nothing extra".

A mean-spirited way to do business in my view.

On the other hand the greed of PB’s owner puts peoples health at risk I know which I prefer. Good quality over huge portions. Might be a tighter ship in The Craftsman but they will get the custom of the clients they want and PB’s will get the custom they want. Can’t compare both to be honest for two places only across from each other they are on a different planet. Must be hard for staff if he’s watching every portion I agree on that for sure.

• Advertisement

surprised Geoffs is not open yet, deff has room for social distancing tables

a very odd atmosphere around John Street the weekend,very hard to find somewhere which you can a small dish and drink

suppose if we 'all behave' it will be back to normal on the 20th July

Talking to a few friends and they say the owner isn’t in a rush to reopen, not wanting to open until it’s all go which I’m surprised cause their food is very nice and they have plenty of room for distance as you say but the owner is super laid back so not rushing. From the 20th is the timeframe gone? IE: 90mins or 105mins whatever it is

Talking to a few friends and they say the owner isn’t in a rush to reopen, not wanting to open until it’s all go which I’m surprised cause their food is very nice and they have plenty of room for distance as you say but the owner is super laid back so not rushing. From the 20th is the timeframe gone? IE: 90mins or 105mins whatever it is

nobody really knows and everyone is assuming its going back to normal but with social distancing

Martin out saying today it could be delayed if people dont behave and adhere to social distancing ?

nobody really knows and everyone is assuming its going back to normal but with social distancing

Martin out saying today it could be delayed if people dont behave and adhere to social distancing ?

It’s pubs not behaving not the people, Martin thinks he’sa school teacher now telling us off ffs

Katy Barrys opening back up tomorrow 4pm-10pm (last orders)

I imagine it will be quite limit with the premises been so small but fair play to them giving it a go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

The Craftsman is a lovely spot for food. Been going there a year now, Cork man originally and im living down here 3 years. Tried most of the pubs by now and i really like it there. Its far enough out of the town to be nice and quiet but still has a good atmosphere. The buster breakfast cannot be beaten either. Nice locals too, always have a few words with you when im lighting up!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Will be in Waterford City for 1 night Monday 3rd August on the first of our staycation stops, any good restaurant recommendations?

Will be in Waterford City for 1 night Monday 3rd August on the first of our staycation stops, any good restaurant recommendations?

Wouldn't recommend the reg anyway Overpriced and rude staff

Burzza is a good spot but its burgers and pizzas mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah loads... maybe narrow it down as to budget and type of cuisine?

My recommendations in the city centre would be: La Boheme, Everett's, Bodega, Peppers, Momo, L'Atmosphere, Kyoto, Emiliano's, Espresso, Burzza. Shiki, Morzio, McLeary's and Antichi Sapori worth a look too.

Outside the centre, Loko in Ardkeen is excellent - really creative menu - and there are a couple of really good places in Tramore that I've heard about but not gone to: Fish Shop (Shack?) and a place whose name escapes me, but has a terrace right over the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Wouldn't recommend the reg anyway Overpriced and rude staff

Burzza is a good spot but its burgers and pizzas mainly

Thanks will have a look at there.
    fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah loads... maybe narrow it down as to budget and type of cuisine?

My recommendations in the city centre would be: La Boheme, Everett's, Bodega, Peppers, Momo, L'Atmosphere, Kyoto, Emiliano's, Espresso, Burzza. Shiki, Morzio, McLeary's and Antichi Sapori worth a look too.

Outside the centre, Loko in Ardkeen is excellent - really creative menu - and there are a couple of really good places in Tramore that I've heard about but not gone to: Fish Shop (Shack?) and a place whose name escapes me, but has a terrace right over the beach.

My apologies, looking for something in the city centre. Open for most cuisines, would prefer a casual restaurant or pub, nothing overly fancy.

Reason for posting is I had a look at a couple of restaurants websites and they all were closed on Mondays :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Thanks will have a look at there.

My apologies, looking for something in the city centre. Open for most cuisines, would prefer a casual restaurant or pub, nothing overly fancy.

Reason for posting is I had a look at a couple of restaurants websites and they all were closed on Mondays :confused:

yeah a good few would be closed Mondays unfortunately. the Indian restaurants are open Mondays and I would recommend cafe goa on the quay if you like that type of food. good food and good value too, get a table by the window and watch the world go by!!

Advertisement