Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebook taking hours to create a file

Options
  • 08-04-2020 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hi there.
    I went on Facebook for the first time last year and haven't really used it much - I basically forgot that I was on it. Just loaded a few photos of myself on holidays.
    A few days ago I wanted to open something on it and was not allowed in.
    I'm really confused because I've never uploaded anything illegal or unsavory.
    I've contacted them and it suggested creating my file which I did. But it is taking hours for it to be created. Can anyone help with any ideas why that is?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

"The file" is possibly your facebook data
    Yes, it take a long time for them to schedule it, execute it, and prepare it for download.

https://www.facebook.com/help/212802592074644
    After you've made a download request, it will appear as Pending in the Available Files section of the Download Your Information tool. It may take several days for us to finish preparing your download request.

Once we've finished preparing your download request, we'll send a notification letting you know it's ready.

Advertisement