Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Their cover ups are relevant to this thread. It’s a pattern of behaviour.

But if all others undesirable indiscretions are ignored repeatedly bringing up murica did this and murica did that makes your point null and void .

• Registered Users Posts: 35,568 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If USA did strike Iran, Iran would strike who? Israel ?
    Is that how it works. Not as if they can reach USA, I'm sure the ships in Persian Gulf are capable of protecting themselves .

Is that how it works. Not as if they can reach USA, I'm sure the ships in Persian Gulf are capable of protecting themselves .

Most likely in Syria or iraq where Iran have multiple militias embedded in both countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Gatling wrote: »
    Most likely in Syria or iraq where Iran have multiple militias embedded in both countries

By invitation in Syria... I'm still waiting on that link were you said the kurds invited the US military onto Syrian territory(LOL).... Now let's watch you ignore it again and disappear from the thread for a while...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

But if all others undesirable indiscretions are ignored repeatedly bringing up murica did this and murica did that makes your point null and void .

Always with the whataboutary. This thread is about the US and Iran. Hence they are going to be mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

They will attack shipping. Probably wouldn’t make sense to attack Israel although Hezbollah might stir it up.

Always with the whataboutary.

^^^^^

Lol

( ll ) you can cheerful seem to have found another account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,948 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Andrewf20 wrote: »
    Let's not forget the USA shot down an Iranian airliner killing 290 in 1988 in international waters. Flight number 655.

The USA response was less than sympathetic, so I have little sympathy for their loss of 1 drone.

Medals were awarded. It was a fairly ugly thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,024 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

USA /military/Trump hasn't gotten world support/sympathy for a war with Iran yet.
    There's another action needed to really get that support. A big one. Even in a neutral country against a U.S. or Trump's personal property.
    Trump's pullback last night makes him seem like he lost control of the military for a while but he personally intervened to stop action. It made him look foolish but a benevolent fool.

The hardware is ready for a war but public opinion is not. Yet.

Trump's pullback last night makes him seem like he lost control of the military for a while but he personally intervened to stop action. It made him look foolish but a benevolent fool.

This is trump's rocket Man policy , I think he was quite clever doing what he did ,the ball is firmly in Iran's court now, another tanker or American asset gets hit the consequences maybe alot bigger and the worlds leaders will have no choice to come out and say Iran was more than warned about their course of action and chose to push America too far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,246 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I'd have thought the sanctions would be hitting Iran fairly hard and they wouldn't have the money to invest in building up their military and buying weapons which would be kind of important in a fight with the United States.

They would also have to deal with Israel which would probably be sending in their fighter planes at the same time as the US.

I'd have thought the sanctions would be hitting Iran fairly hard and they wouldn't have the money to invest in building up their military and buying weapons which would be kind of important in a fight with the United States.

They would also have to deal with Israel which would probably be sending in their fighter planes at the same time as the US.

Remember they have been getting assistance from russian advisors and technology transfers to beat sanctions ,it's the same reason they will use the military to quell any protests in the country ,like most Arab states religious leaders and their military have more power than any elected government or civilian population

For the most part their military is lacking any real firepower yes they have russian and build under licence russian systems ,a few submarines and a very aging and lacking airforce ,still flying F4 phantoms and F5 light fighter's (sill very capable in the right hands)
    Their navy is mostly fast patrol boats which could be difficult to deal with but easy enough to deal with when your a Carrier group , they also have their own fleet of drones with some weapon capabilities.

Could be an interesting fight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Sanctions have a positive side as well...they make the victim nations stronger and more self sufficient over time.

less likely to cave in to bullying as the orange swamp monster is now discovering.

This is trump's rocket Man policy , I think he was quite clever doing what he did ,the ball is firmly in Iran's court now, another tanker or American asset gets hit the consequences maybe alot bigger and the worlds leaders will have no choice to come out and say Iran was more than warned about their course of action and chose to push America too far

Few outside of the US and Israel think war here is a good idea, as the rise in oil prices alone will show.
    ike most Arab states

They aren't majority Arab, they're Persians.

Seems Iran are seriously thinking of doing something they may seriously regret ,

"Iran Chose To Take Out Drone Instead of Manned Navy Jet, lranian General Says

Iran could have shot down a P-8 Poseidon surveillance aircraft and killed Americans Thursday, but chose instead to target an unmanned Navy RQ-4 Global Hawk drone in order to avoid the possibility of all-out war, an Iranian general said Friday.

The P-8 anti-submarine, anti-surface warfare aircraft "was also violating our airspace and we could have downed it too," said Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh, commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guards aerospace force, according to Iran's Fars news agency.

Late Thursday, Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif rejected U.S. charges that the Global Hawk was in international airspace over the Gulf, and said on Twitter that Iran had retrieved parts of the downed drone in Iranian territorial waters.

Iran's claims on having the Poseidon targeted and the downing of the Global Hawk raised the stakes on what the U.S. response would be to the escalating crisis in the Gulf.

In a series of tweets early Friday, President Donald Trump confirmed that he called off at the last-minute planned air strikes Thursday night on Iranian missile launch sites and radar installations believed to have been involved in targeting and downing the Global Hawk.

"We were cocked & loaded to retaliate last night on 3 different sights [sic] when I asked, how many will die. 150 people, sir, was the answer from a General. 10 minutes before the strike I stopped it, not proportionate to shooting down an unmanned drone," Trump said.

"I am in no hurry" to attack Iran, although the U.S. military was "ready to go," Trump said in repeating his warning that the red line for the U.S. would be renewed Iranian efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

"Sanctions are biting & more added last night. Iran can NEVER have Nuclear Weapons, not against the USA, and not against the WORLD!" Trump tweeted."

-- Richard Sisk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

It Donald Trumps fault anyway, He thinks he's sitting in his office in trump tower, ordering people what to do , claiming bankruptcy, going to court , being sued and counter sueing, except this is real life . Tens of thousands of people could die cause of someone's ego or a false flag attack.

He pulled out of the nuclear deal , that was working because the Kenyan fella signed it, then sanctioned iran so the country can't make money, hoping for regime change, we've all seen how costly in lives regime change is in the middle east... iraq, syria , Libya. Not to mention all the terrorist attacks and millions of refugees poring into Europe.

While I do agree that iran are no angels either are the Saudis who a lot of people think are funding isis . The sooner we can get away from all the better this planet will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Fair play to Trump on this and NOT launching that strike (undoubtedly under huge pressure from Bolton and Pompeo).

I criticise him as much as anyone but I am not an ideologue and will give credit where due.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fair play to Trump on this and NOT launching that strike (undoubtedly under huge pressure from Bolton and Pompeo).

I criticise him as much as anyone but I am not an ideologue and will give credit where due.

Cancelling the strike hes saved countless of lives including innocent American lives also. A war with Iran would be worse than the Vietnam war.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Cancelling the strike hes saved countless of lives including innocent American lives also. A war with Iran would be worse than the Vietnam war.

Not the really no .

America could hit the length and breadth of Iran without putting a single tank or infantry units on the ground ,
    They don't need to invade and hold territory they just need to do enough to weaken the government and let Iranians do the rest ,the only thing keeping the Iranian forces in power is the total oppression of the people under the guise of the keeping the revolution alive ,

No revolution just middle East oppression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

It will be a lot worse than Vietnam, Iran is better equipped, 90 million Iranians and just like the Vietnamese when one is killed there's 20 to take his place, its like kicking an ant nest...old uncle Sam was never going to win that war

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennium_Challenge_2002

• Advertisement

Not the really no .

America could hit the length and breadth of Iran without putting a single tank or infantry units on the ground ,
    They don't need to invade and hold territory they just need to do enough to weaken the government and let Iranians do the rest ,the only thing keeping the Iranian forces in power is the total oppression of the people under the guise of the keeping the revolution alive ,

Yes, the Iranians will completely forget about the atrocities under the US backed Shahs reign and "free" themselves.

It was your beloved U.S that overthrew Irans democratically elected PM in the 50s in favour of some middle eastern oppression.

It was your beloved U.S that overthrew Irans democratically elected PM in the 50s in favour of some middle eastern oppression.

Again it's not my beloved anything .

Remind us all about what happened the last 2-3 times recently when people in Iran protested demanding change

Tanks and bullets were deployed against unarmed Iranian protester's ,

I'm pretty sure several posters some how blamed the CIA

Again it's not my beloved anything .

Remind us all about what happened the last 2-3 times recently when people in Iran protested demanding change

Tanks and bullets were deployed against unarmed Iranian protester's ,

I'm pretty sure several posters some how blamed the CIA

No different to what happens in the streets of Riyadh or Cairo.

No different to what happens in the streets of Riyadh or Cairo.

Doubt that you actually care but if it's yanks doing it's an atrocity anyone else it's a conspiracy theory from the CIA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Trump has shown a lot of patience thus far with Iran but i don't think that can continue. I think the Iranians are in the last chance saloon now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

USA /military/Trump hasn't gotten world support/sympathy for a war with Iran yet.
    There's another action needed to really get that support. A big one. Even in a neutral country against a U.S. or Trump's personal property.

The hardware is ready for a war but public opinion is not. Yet.

They wouldn't need overwhelming public support or sympathy. Sure there would be protests etc but there is enough over there drinking the kool aid of American exceptionalism that going to war is just part of why America is great, they are already in multiple countries and no one seems to blink an eye over that anymore, congress has given pentagon a blank cheque to invade pretty much who they want when they want. But all they will need to do anyway is whip up some lies and propaganda and bobs your uncle

• Registered Users Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭dasdog

There is a danger of an accidental war - humans are the only ones that could come up with that bollocks.

Fair play to trump ?? He employed them two in the first place... John bolton is a war criminal and should be hung from the nearest lamp post .

• Advertisement

Americans don't read history books, why Would they, they think they're the centre of the universe

Advertisement