Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI exams

• 08-01-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi all, I'm doing 1st year ATI. I cannot stand it. I can't commit fully to the 4 exams in May. Can the exams be split into 2 sittings? Do I still get the qualification for first year if I do it that way? If I didn't do the second year, would I still get something to say I completed year one? ATI website not clear. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Hi Audrey, I'm a second year student. I'm sure if you phoned the office you could defer some exams until August. I know some in my class split some between May & August.

I'm nearly surethat if you split them the maximum grade you can get is Pass, all 4 have to be done in one sitting to achieve a Merit or Distinction grade.

After year one you get a certificate "Level 4 Certificate for Accounting Technicians"

This is equivalent to a level 6 on the Irish National Framework.

What part of the course can you not stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Hi Audrey, I'm a second year student. I'm sure if you phoned the office you could defer some exams until August. I know some in my class split some between May & August.

I'm nearly surethat if you split them the maximum grade you can get is Pass, all 4 have to be done in one sitting to achieve a Merit or Distinction grade.

After year one you get a certificate "Level 4 Certificate for Accounting Technicians"

This is equivalent to a level 6 on the Irish National Framework.

What part of the course can you not stand?

I'd love to do the 4 and get them out of the way but I'm struggling with the financial accounting. I've zero business background. I get the whole debits and credits thing but I missed a few classes and now I'm overwhelmed. I was only going to put off the financial accounting til August but really don't want to as my summer would be fecked with it hanging over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭jimmy86

Have you tried giving the videos on Knowledge Point a watch? That might help clear things up a bit. The last few months will probably be spent doing revision/exam papers, you might be surprised how much you pick up.

Just keep practising exam papers and you should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭audrey2014

jimmy86 wrote: »
    Have you tried giving the videos on Knowledge Point a watch? That might help clear things up a bit. The last few months will probably be spent doing revision/exam papers, you might be surprised how much you pick up.

Just keep practising exam papers and you should be fine!

I might do. Thanks. I'd love to have it over me!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 adrian32

Hi Jimmy,
    I'm second year as well. Would it be OK to message you about some of the course material?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 adrian32

Doing sample exams is a good advice. Just beware when you go over past Taxation exam papers, some of the rules or numbers (e.g., tax rates) could have changed. Unfortunately, ATI do not update their exams for us to practice for the current year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 alexsandro22

adrian32 wrote: »
    Doing sample exams is a good advice. Just beware when you go over past Taxation exam papers, some of the rules or numbers (e.g., tax rates) could have changed. Unfortunately, ATI do not update their exams for us to practice for the current year.

Can you tell a little bit more about Taxation exam papers? What's wrong with them?

Advertisement