Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Homebase do something like it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

looking to get my hands on a couple of lengths of some nice woods
    something like Maple, Acacia, Walnut, Oak....
    ideally in approximately 8 foot lengths 2" x 2"

tried Morris's, Woodies, Homebase...

any suggestions welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Try heiton buckleys on da cork road or dpl keanes road

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Looking to get a coin shaped battery for a watch, CR1632. Can order online but it's over 5 euro delivery for a battery costing less than 2 euro. Have tried supermarkets etc. Any help most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Looking to get a coin shaped battery for a watch, CR1632. Can order online but it's over 5 euro delivery for a battery costing less than 2 euro. Have tried supermarkets etc. Any help most welcome.

those type of batteries turn up in lidl and aldi from time to time but they may not have the exact one you're looking for. worth a try though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Did you try the jeweler you repair place in City Square? Down the back by the doors and Dunnes. They're helpful and found them good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd try a pharmacist - they sell batteries for various health related devices like glucose meters and such like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Deeveys sell them its the same kind of battery you get in car keys.

shockwave wrote: »
    Deeveys sell them its the same kind of battery you get in car keys.

mines a cr2025 but theres probably a few different ones used in fobs and what not. deeveys be worth trying alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Dealz have lots of these small "watch" batteries and you usually get a pack for 1.49 that has a combination of different types:
    http://www.dealz.ie/fusionmax-button-cell-30-pack

http://www.dealz.ie/fusionmax-lithium-cell-8-pack

• Advertisement

A mens haircut on the Tramore road area.....is there a place at Superquinn Supervalu? Have a suspicion there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭freewheeler

theres one by Dunphys shop too!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Not sure this is the best thread for this, but I don't want to start a new one either!

Any recommendations for a good car valeting service? 5 year old car needs a good 'once over'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

A mens haircut on the Tramore road area.....is there a place at Superquinn Supervalu? Have a suspicion there is.

Yep there is a hairdressers and a barbers next door to it only open a couple of months

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Benimar wrote: »
    Not sure this is the best thread for this, but I don't want to start a new one either!

Any recommendations for a good car valeting service? 5 year old car needs a good 'once over'

The lads in the City Square Car Park have always done a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I have a Router that needs the capacitor changed on it. I have the capacitor bought.

http://www.nerdybynature.com/2013/10/26/fix-a-fried-asus-rt-n16/

Only place i thought might do it was Toner Electronics but the person said they would not be able to do it.

Any idea's guys?

Probably need someone with a soldering iron and an interest in electronics, unless someone knows a shop or such a person :)

Anyone doing them anymore. Specksavers and Eyecatcher are not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I have a Router that needs the capacitor changed on it. I have the capacitor bought.

Just thought i would follow up on in case anyone is looking / googling for such a service .

PC Repairs on Manor Street soldered in the Capacitor for me :)

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Just thought i would follow up on in case anyone is looking / googling for such a service .

PC Repairs on Manor Street soldered in the Capacitor for me :)

heard good things about that chap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anyone recommend a plasterer to do a small job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 terranova15

Just looking for advice where to get two things, loose jalapenos as oppose to the jarred ones and disposable barbecues in the city centre. any help appreciated

Just looking for advice where to get two things, loose jalapenos as oppose to the jarred ones and disposable barbecues in the city centre. any help appreciated

Fairly sure lidl and aldi do disposable bbqs from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Anyone here know the best shop or supermarket in Waterford where you can buy old crisps and sweets from the 1980s 1990s days, I'm thinking Disco crisps, Banshee Bones, Macaroon Bars, Hot Lips etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Anyone here know the best shop or supermarket in Waterford where you can buy old crisps and sweets from the 1980s 1990s days, I'm thinking Disco crisps, Banshee Bones, Macaroon Bars, Hot Lips etc?

You might get some of that stuff in Dealz? I love the Wilton Macaroon and Mint Crisp Bars and they are fairly common, I get mine from Maxol whenever I get petrol! Bad habit to be in, ha!

What I'd live to know is where I could get some of the American stuff like their Milky Ways, Milk Duds etc. Since the old sweet shop in Blackfriars closed I haven't been able to get any :(

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

Try dunphys on the cork rd beside Morris's!

Baby4 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

There is a guy outside dunnes in city square that sells covers and seems to have a very good range, don't know about prices thou.

When I say outside dunnes I mean inside the s.c. but outside dunnes :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

You might get some of that stuff in Dealz? I love the Wilton Macaroon and Mint Crisp Bars and they are fairly common, I get mine from Maxol whenever I get petrol! Bad habit to be in, ha!

What I'd live to know is where I could get some of the American stuff like their Milky Ways, Milk Duds etc. Since the old sweet shop in Blackfriars closed I haven't been able to get any :(

Tesco Ardkeen have an international aisle and they have about 4 shelves of American food with Twinkies,Lucky Charms ,Root Beer etc dont think they have Milk Duds though

Advertisement