Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread for Maggots!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Clown seemed like he couldn't be bothered with either percussion or backing vocals.
    Mick seemed rooted (bah dum tisch) to the spot, nothing new there, and they all seemed to be a bit "disengaged" with each other.
    Did Sid jump off anything?
    I know it's not exactly related to the music, but their live shows have seemed livelier , maybe they'll be better by the time they get here

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭bushball

Got my tickets for January, can't wait even though I don't have great seats

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

SLIPKNOT Frontman on Split From Joey Jordison: "We Just Weren't Able To Work Anymore"

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/drama/slipknot-frontman-on-split-from-joey-jordison-we-just-werent-able-to-work-anymore

Corey Taylor's most informative answer to date on Joey's departure:
    "There's legalities [that are involved which prevent me from talking about it], but at the same time — and people need to realize this — there's respect. I'm not gonna talk about Joey's life, because it's not my place, and people need to realize that. If Joey wants to talk about the situation, he can. I can only talk about how it pertains to this band, and the only way I've been able to sum it up — and this is the broadest term — is that sometimes you're on the same road, and you'll reach a T section, and sometimes you turn together, and sometimes you split. And this time we split. It was just that simple. We just weren't able to work anymore. And that's it." "I'm not gonna sit here and dog somebody that I spent 15 years building something amazing with — I'm not gonna do that. And the fans need to understand that. And I think for the most part most of them do, but there's always gonna be those people who just want a little more so they can talk ****. And that's the only reason why they want the full story — so they can talk ****."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Slipknot Knotfest Night #2

XIX
    Sarcastrophe (Live premiere)
    The Heretic Anthem
    My Plague (First time played since August 29th, 2002)
    The Devil in I (Live premiere)
    Psychosocial
    Liberate
    Opium of the People (First time played since March 30th, 2004, Second time played ever)
    Left Behind
    Vermilion
    Custer
    The Blister Exists
    Before I Forget
    Duality

Encore:
    (sic)
    Surfacing
    'Til We Die
    Wow, that's some difference in the two set lists!

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Cormac... wrote: »
    Clown seemed like he couldn't be bothered with either percussion or backing vocals.
    Mick seemed rooted (bah dum tisch) to the spot, nothing new there, and they all seemed to be a bit "disengaged" with each other.
    Did Sid jump off anything?
    I know it's not exactly related to the music, but their live shows have seemed livelier , maybe they'll be better by the time they get here

Maybe they're just getting on a bit :D They have been around for about 15 years by now.

It is a pity though. They used to have unbelievable energy on stage.

Pretty psyched for next Wednesday. It'll be ten whole years since I saw them last. That makes me feel pretty damn old though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 tezzywezzy

Where would be the best place to sell slipknot tickets for jan 14th...my daughter bought 2 tickets for her 18th birthday but now can't go/

tezzywezzy wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to sell slipknot tickets for jan 14th...my daughter bought 2 tickets for her 18th birthday but now can't go/

Adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,904 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

tezzywezzy wrote: »

this thread is ok to sell in, but check the rules in the first post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056221298&page=8

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According the Sids twitter the band have already arrived into Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Yep. I follow him on Instagram and he's posted a couple of photos about it :).

GUYS I'M SO EXCITED :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Happy Maggot Monday!!

Wednesday has been keeping me going through the mere thoughts of work after Christmas :D

Always good to see: http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/music/slipknot-s-corey-taylor-on-paul-gray-the-new-tour-and-staying-in-for-the-long-haul-1.2060297

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A friend came through with a spare ticket for Wednesday, I'm going Slipknot :D

According the Sids twitter the band have already arrived into Dublin
    Say anything in particular?

With the band arriving so early i'd be expecting them to load into the arena tomorrow mornign and run through the set tomorrow night, just like Pearl Jam did around 8yrs ago (i was working at The Point and they played a 2hr closed set, around 10 people in there!)

Yeah probably last dress rehearsal or something.

Yeah probably last dress rehearsal or something.

It's known as a tech rehearsal, making sure everything has made it over ok and is working, band not played together since before Christmas i think so it gives them a chance to get up to speed and try out different songs before opening night.

Happy Slipknot Eve! :D:D

Where's everyone going before/after? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Arriving in Dublin about 2pm so drinks in the hotel beforehand and I think we are heading to Club Poison afterwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭colmufc

Zwillinge wrote: »
    Happy Slipknot Eve! :D:D

Where's everyone going before/after? :)

home , unfortunately , but can't wait for the gig now even been listening to a bit if korn recently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Arriving in Dublin about 2pm so drinks in the hotel beforehand and I think we are heading to Club Poison afterwards :)

There should be a great crowd in there after. Looking forward to this one, gonna be a mental night

• Advertisement

Going to Club Poison myself, think everyone is, so the band will probably end up in The Pint or something :P

From 3Arena's Facebook:
    Stage times for Slipknot who play 3Arena tomorrow night.
    DOORS - 6:30 PM
    KING 810 - 7:00 – 7:30 PM
    KORN - 7:45 – 8:45 PM
    SLIPKNOW - 9:10 – 11:00 PM

I assume they meant Slipknot...

Fifteen minutes between King 810 and Korn?
    Me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,013 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fifteen minutes between King 810 and Korn?
    Me hole.

Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to wipe shíte from the stage surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Mushy wrote: »
    Shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to wipe shíte from the stage surely?

king 810 are pretty good

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Looks like the stage is ready http://instagram.com/p/xzdgRhlxal/

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭BearThomas131

Words can't describe how devistated I am that I can't go now :'( hopfully it's not another 10 years before they come back

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

MCD have Korn 1950 - 2040 with Slipknot at 2110, so Korn 50 mins rather than an hour

jayobray wrote: »
    MCD have Korn 1950 - 2040 with Slipknot at 2110, so Korn 50 mins rather than an hour

These things never go according to plan

But with such a short set time,I hope Korn don't play too much new stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Mlo

No reviews ?

I was there last night; really enjoyed it all. King 810 were pretty good (but I don't like their image at all) Korn were amazing. very much a greatest hits set, many (but not all) the classics. Slipknot were brilliant too, they played Psycosocial, the Devil in I and Vermillion so I was happy. It all seemed to go so fast !!

The only thing I didn't appreciate was the moshing when Slipknot came on, getting buffeted about by a bunch of drunken idiots isn't my idea of fun, but I suppose you can't have everything. Although in a round about way it worked out for me as I ended up getting seats for Slipknot after we gave up on the floor .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭colmufc

Mlo wrote: »
    No reviews ?

Although in a round about way it worked out for me as I ended up getting seats for Slipknot after we gave up on the floor .

I knew I should have gone and asked my back was killing me from work and I was hardly able to stand after the spit it out jump , would proably have had a better view also

Advertisement