Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

This is my go to thread when I login. Even when I’m having a little mope, it cheers me up. Thanks TH posters :)

TH at baby adorableness

Dropped in supplies to my friend this morning and had a quick peek at baby. She (baby) has started talking baby language (ah ah ah) and has the cutest elbow dimples ever.

Now, I’m TH to be heading over to the pet pics thread …

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

This is my go to thread when I login. Even when I’m having a little mope, it cheers me up. Thanks TH posters :)

TH at baby adorableness

Dropped in supplies to my friend this morning and had a quick peek at baby. She (baby) has started talking baby language (ah ah ah) and has the cutest elbow dimples ever.

Now, I’m TH to be heading over to the pet pics thread …

Cute stuff, eh? Wait 'til you see this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The wee buck (7) never seemed to be into arts and crafts, his sister got all the plaudits for that. But in lockdown he's showing me his drawings and they're pretty good.
    TH is he freezes the TV on a particular character and does a still life of them. Clever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Stopped off at the garage from a few treats on the way home.
    Went to the till with 3 ice creams,2 packets of spicy Thai onion rings and 2 bars of chocolate.
    Assistant scans them and says "€2.50 please".
    I say that can't be right.
    Assistant scans them all again and comes to €2.50 again.
    Then says that's what it says so 2.50 will do!

Ah well :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

blade1 wrote: »
    Stopped off at the garage from a few treats on the way home.
    Went to the till with 3 ice creams,2 packets of spicy Thai onion rings and 2 bars of chocolate.
    Assistant scans them and says "€2.50 please".
    I say that can't be right.
    Assistant scams them all again and comes to €2.50 again.
    Then says that's what it says so 2.50 will do!

Ah well :pac:

:pac:

See? Honesty does pay off. :)

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    :pac:

See? Honesty does pay off. :)

Listen to this.
    I had already picked up to Milano pizzas in Tesco which were half price anyway making them 2.84 each.
    When scanning them at the self service check out, there was a problem with one so the assistant had to run it through again.

Just checked while ago there and I was only charged 2.84 for both :pac:

So in total from both shops I got 2 pizza's,3 ice creams,2 Onion rings and 2 bars of chocolate for 5.34.
    One of those days!
    I suppose I should be buying all around me the way things are going :pac:

Play the lotto now!!!! (I'm willing to split your winnings with you, 50/50 :D)

Play the lotto now!!!! (I'm willing to split your winnings with you, 50/50 :D)

I never win anything like that.
    I do the euromillions with a work colleague purely because they want to do it.

Doing it about 10 years and it's €7 a week.
    About 5 times I've won a fiver.

I check online and the times I won the fiver it says congratulations you're a winner.
    How am I a winner?
    It cost €7.
    I'm down €2! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I bought coffee cake !
    Didn't taste it yet so the TH could very easily turn into a TA :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I bought coffee cake !
    Didn't taste it yet so the TH could very easily turn into a TA :pac:

I have a hunch that might make Candie very cross, for some reason. :pac:

• Advertisement

I have a hunch that might make Candie very cross, for some reason. :pac:

Oooh I'd forgotten that !
    Sshhh , sorry Candie :D

Let's just not tell her. ;)

Let's just not tell her. ;)

I'll share the cake with you for that :D
    Just as well I didn't buy chocolate cake :eek:

I knew you were nice, Mo4! :D

I knew you were nice, Mo4! :D

I find it much easier to bribe when cake is part of the deal :p

It better be nice !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I fixed my scanner. I don't know how, but it works.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Enjoying a coffee while looking out at the slightly bleak weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Search history back to normal after a few days of more 503 error messages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 dolly darling

I love when a piece of music captures your mood.
    Catching up on paperwork here, listening to Lyric and keeping an eye on an old dog who is off form. I've never seen Twilight but Jacob's Theme just came on. Downed work, picked up my patient and closed my eyes to enjoy it.

Same, but replace "paperwork" with "work" and "dog" with "cat". :)

My other happy for this morning, aside from Boards being back up and running again, is that one of the semi-stray, neglected cats I've been feeding has finally felt comfortable enough to mooch into my kitchen. She still hisses at me if I try to get too close, but she also meows (at least, that's what I'm "lip-reading" - I think she might be quite deaf and her meows are soundless. :() when she wants food and I'm not fast enough, and she keeps her tail high like a flag and slow blinks at me. :) I don't know what her name is, but I call her Lana. She's all black and has long, soft, shiny fur. She's quite small and I think she's quite young, too (and she's definitely feeding at least two kittens :()

• Advertisement

New home, my cat Oscar was locked in a shed for the first six months of his life with loads of other cats. He had no human interaction. He seems to instinctively know to meow at humans to get what you want but he didn't know how or what noise to make so he used to do silent meows! Now he meows but they always sound like kitten meows (he's 3 now!), really tiny little meows and still sometimes silent meows. He only manages a big meow if he's trapped someplace. So maybe your little one is the same, knows to meow but doesn't quite get it yet. Don't they say cats only meow for the sake of humans and they don't do it with each other?

New home, my cat Oscar was locked in a shed for the first six months of his life with loads of other cats. He had no human interaction. He seems to instinctively know to meow at humans to get what you want but he didn't know how or what noise to make so he used to do silent meows! Now he meows but they always sound like kitten meows (he's 3 now!), really tiny little meows and still sometimes silent meows. He only manages a big meow if he's trapped someplace. So maybe your little one is the same, knows to meow but doesn't quite get it yet. Don't they say cats only meow for the sake of humans and they don't do it with each other?

They say it, but having had LOADS and LOADS of cats since I was 6 and having seen them interact, I don't think I agree. :)

Poor Oscar, though, sounds like he's had a very sad start in life. You might be right, though, Lana might be using ultrasound meows! :D I do think she has problems with her hearing, though, irrespective of her meowing skills.

They say it, but having had LOADS and LOADS of cats since I was 6 and having seen them interact, I don't think I agree. :)

Poor Oscar, though, sounds like he's had a very sad start in life. You might be right, though, Lana might be using ultrasound meows! :D I do think she has problems with her hearing, though, irrespective of her meowing skills.

:D I've never really thought about it much but I might start studying my cats Attenborough style and watch how they interact vocally with each other. Expect my findings a year from now. ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

In 45 mins this am we were able to;
    Supported two small local business,
    gave a lot of unused household bric a brak to two different charity's.

Trival I know, but it made me happy.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Hello everyone! A newbie here...
    My TH is also cat related, I love listening to my house panther going around trying to decide where he'll nap. He gets a little chatty and then is pure silent once he's found a comfy spot for the afternoon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My new sandals arrived.
    If sandals is the right description.
    Platform slip ons with exposed heel and toe.
    TH 2: I can easily walk in them...
    Painted my nails very pale pink.

All of Avoca is OPEN!!!!!!!!! I so happy! I bought a jumper!!!!!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

cinemas opening again next month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Redneck Reject1971

Enjoying the wit and humor from some of my favorite posters here.I have missed it,heh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

All of Avoca is OPEN!!!!!!!!! I so happy! I bought a jumper!!!!!!!!

:D

Surprised anyone noticed!

Advertisement