Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants open for takeaway in Waterford during Coronavirus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

greenspurs wrote: »
    how sad is your life if you are happy to sit in your car and queue to drive thru a McDonalds !?!?!

Idiots.

Their lives would be even sadder if they cared what you thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Their lives would be even sadder if they cared what you thought.

Cared enough to reply ……

:pac:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭niallo76

greenspurs wrote: »
    I understand that totally, but would anyone (even kids) Q for 30/60/90 mins in a car for the Happy meal ?
    I just think its crazy ….

If it was Burger King though ……… :D

does the new Circle k in dungarvan have a BK???(please say yes!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Walkers opening today for collection/takeaway

Got Burzza last week very nice but a little pricey for 1 person €25 for a pizza,Garlic Bread and Chips but other places even more expensive. Good for the places too be doing those services

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

PTH2009 wrote: »

Got Burzza last week very nice but a little pricey for 1 person €25 for a pizza,Garlic Bread and Chips but other places even more expensive. Good for the places too be doing those services

They must have seen you coming, for a pony I'd want it dipped in gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sarah88

Can't seem to see johnnie walkers registered up on Marvin.ie for their click and collect yet

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭niallo76

jeez,that's steep alright-never get how certain places charge so much for pizza!!

Or that places do not just sell individual slices of basic(i.e margarita,pepperoni)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

niallo76 wrote: »
    jeez,that's steep alright-never get how certain places charge so much for pizza!!

Or that places do not just sell individual slices of basic(i.e margarita,pepperoni)

Pizza is cheap to make and should be cheap to sell,Slice wood fired pizza is prime example of overpriced pizza,nice pizza but too small and too thin with very little toppings but because they call it "artisan" they charge about €15 for it where as it should be €10 at the most!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

I see that there is a new takeaway open on the corner of Hennessy rd and i think its called Manor ct road .Anyone been there yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I see that there is a new takeaway open on the corner of Hennessy rd and i think its called Manor ct road .Anyone been there yet.

I passed that place the other day. I think its actually there a while now, called Tuk or Nik or something. Never been there though.

• Advertisement

I passed that place the other day. I think its actually there a while now, called Tuk or Nik or something. Never been there though.

They have been building that place the last 2 years and it opened on Wednesday!

https://www.facebook.com/Kon-Fried-Chicken-107903360942059/

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Jerry Atrick

They have been building that place the last 2 years and it opened on Wednesday!

https://www.facebook.com/Kon-Fried-Chicken-107903360942059/

Any good? Menu looks good...Could be unreal if good quality stuff

going from facebook

Opening 29th June (solely as Dine in Restaurants)
    Gradys Yard
    Riverside Cottage
    Uluru
    Revolution
    Oskars
    Jack Meades
    The Reg
    The Exchange Bar

Norris's opening up early July as a pub (food available next door as per usual)

feel free to post what other places are opening and when

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Bellissimo announces June 25th as reopening date.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

Any good? Menu looks good...Could be unreal if good quality stuff

I see all meals are half price, today and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I hear Kyoto is very good but from looking at the menu its hard to know what to get. Would appreciate some recommendations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

going from facebook

Opening 29th June (solely as Dine in Restaurants)
    Gradys Yard
    Riverside Cottage
    Uluru
    Revolution
    Oskars
    Jack Meades
    The Reg
    The Exchange Bar

Norris's opening up early July as a pub (food available next door as per usual)

feel free to post what other places are opening and when

Good luck to anyone ordering food from the exchange 😅🤣

Good luck to anyone ordering food from the exchange 😅🀣

Posted on Facebook today that there not reopening til the 20th July

The 29th June will be interesting, I'd say a few regulars of places opening will get away without obeying the 105 mins and mandatory meal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Good luck to anyone ordering food from the exchange 😅🤣

Lads at work were teasing me about this too, I'm only in Waterford 2 years and I've literally heard nothing good about this place, mad to get such a universally despised group opinion on one pub- ive heard everything from food poisoning to traveller fights and much worse.
    Thats the pub near the cop shop right? I am curious by nature but not enough to order anything from that place!!

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Lads at work were teasing me about this too, I'm only in Waterford 2 years and I've literally heard nothing good about this place, mad to get such a universally despised group opinion on one pub- ive heard everything from food poisoning to traveller fights and much worse.
    Thats the pub near the cop shop right? I am curious by nature but not enough to order anything from that place!!

Its actually a grand pub same with Kervicks across the road from it. Like all places really go in and ask for trouble than you'll get it. Good prices too

make sure when the national anthem comes on you stop what youre doing stand and salute it . Lets just say some crowd dont take kindly to you ignoring it more of an old fashioned thing and the younger crowd dont really obey it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭91wx763

Its actually a grand pub same with Kervicks across the road from it. Like all places really go in and ask for trouble than you'll get it. Good prices too

make sure when the national anthem comes on you stop what youre doing stand and salute it . Lets just say some crowd dont take kindly to you ignoring it more of an old fashioned thing and the younger crowd dont really obey it.

Both the Exchange and Kervicks (and actually Alfies too) are maggotty dirty.

After the covid you'd hope the bars and in particular the sh*thouses in all three would have had a well deserved hosing. And that's before you hose some of the punters. One pint in each is enough and then off to Nickys, which is probably top of the pops in Ballybricken. Tap room could be better, just depressing.

91wx763 wrote: »

After the covid you'd hope the bars and in particular the sh*thouses in all three would have had a well deserved hosing. And that's before you hose some of the punters. One pint in each is enough and then off to Nickys, which is probably top of the pops in Ballybricken. Tap room could be better, just depressing.

agree on that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

In fairness Kervicks (now The Bull and Green) has upgraded the bathrooms and done what looked like a really great outdoor venue out the back so I wouldn’t rank them towards Exchange anyway, dunno about Alfies being dirty either I just think it’s dark n old looking I’ve never thought it was dirty or even close to The Exchange’s mankiness, I would not eat anything made out of there, if you have access to the health and safety online you see they were given a warning of health and safety. Rat droppings n they were the source of the TB outbreak too.

Yea what the hell happened The Tap Room used to enjoy a few points in there it is depressing in there, depressing af. Some say there’s new owners or someone behind the bar is only a C You Next Today I cant put my finger on it. Wonder we’llit open again and doubt they’ve any good facility.

In fairness Kervicks (now The Bull and Green) has upgraded the bathrooms and done what looked like a really great outdoor venue out the back so I wouldn’t rank them towards Exchange anyway, dunno about Alfies being dirty either I just think it’s dark n old looking I’ve never thought it was dirty or even close to The Exchange’s mankiness, I would not eat anything made out of there, if you have access to the health and safety online you see they were given a warning of health and safety. Rat droppings n they were the source of the TB outbreak too.

Yea what the hell happened The Tap Room used to enjoy a few points in there it is depressing in there, depressing af. Some say there’s new owners or someone behind the bar is only a C You Next Today I cant put my finger on it. Wonder we’llit open again and doubt they’ve any good facility.

I don't live in the town any more but when I was back last after Christmas the Tap was still owned by the bloke and wife with the daughter working there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

I don't live in the town any more but when I was back last after Christmas the Tap was still owned by the bloke and wife with the daughter working there.

Yea just wondering why it’s died off, used to be a busy little spot. I had heard whoever was begging the bar now was driving customers out as she was fairly unfriendly but I don’t know anything concrete. It was the nicest pub up there easily. Nicky’s is a nice spot.

Yea just wondering why it’s died off, used to be a busy little spot. I had heard whoever was begging the bar now was driving customers out as she was fairly unfriendly but I don’t know anything concrete. It was the nicest pub up there easily. Nicky’s is a nice spot.

I'm glad you said that because I didn't want to be the one to say it.

I met yer man Tony while walking past and went in for a pt because he was working. I told him his other staff (not family) were driving people out and that they spend their day glaring out the window so it's easy to know when to avoid. That place needs a curtain on the window and new servers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Seems to be a few unfriendly/off putting people in that neck of the woods. I used to frequent the Carry Out off license near Kervicks, there was a lovely girl and chap there years, Then they bring this new big chap in and he put me right off going there. Watching you the second you walk in, you have no peace browsing, he was always "Are you alright there" as if he was confused someone would want to browse before buying. Had an awful manner to him, as if he was bemused by everyone who came in..
    Have no idea if hes still there but i go to the one in the Glen now and its lovely, staff leave you alone until you are ready to pay. I vote with my feet if a place pr pub annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Lana in the Grenville centre is open now for takeaway. I’ve eaten in their KK branch a few times and it was good, so got takeaway there yesterday - really good.

fricatus wrote: »
    Lana in the Grenville centre is open now for takeaway. I’ve eaten in their KK branch a few times and it was good, so got takeaway there yesterday - really good.

I wonder will they last there,so many places gone into that building only to close down a couple of months later,Shake Dog didn't last long and always was empty when i passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I wonder will they last there,so many places gone into that building only to close down a couple of months later,Shake Dog didn't last long and always was empty when i passed.

Didn’t want to say it, but that’s my fear. That unit seems to have a hex on it!

Advertisement