Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to get ( x ) in Waterford City?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

Tesco Poleberry there bout 20 mins ago.
    That alissons brand one.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Looking for ant bait stations - none in Tesco - I usually get them in Woodies - the ants are back with a bang - they may be planning an assault while we focus on Covid 19!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Looking for ant bait stations - none in Tesco - I usually get them in Woodies - the ants are back with a bang - they may be planning an assault while we focus on Covid 19!

Use salt as a natural alternative. Either pour it neat or boil it in water and pour it where you think they're coming and going from.

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Likes hens teeth at the moment but has anyone seen any yeast in Waterford?

You can buy fresh yeast from the bakery counter in SuperValu Kilbarry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

deise08 wrote: »
    Tesco Poleberry there bout 20 mins ago.
    That alissons brand one.

Thanks just got some there,plenty in stock.
    Fishy1 wrote: »
    You can buy fresh yeast from the bakery counter in SuperValu Kilbarry.

Thanks i didn't know that ill keep it in mind next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Looking to get a gas cylinder for a barbecue if anyone knows of where to get any in town?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭manor

Stove depot behind Sheridans on the cork road. Opens Mon- Sat 0900- 1pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Most maxol petrol stations sell gas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Are there any places that will service a car in and around Waterford? Or is it just emergency repairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

The garage next to Mr Price seems to be open I got my car serviced in there last year.They might do it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Hi - is there any business in Waterford that supplies/fits business awnings?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone know anywhere in city that sells 00 Flour (apparently the best flour to use for pizzas) in 1 or 2kg packs. Cash & Carry have 25kg bags, but thats way to big for us. Ardkeen stores did, but currently out of stock.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere in city that sells 00 Flour (apparently the best flour to use for pizzas) in 1 or 2kg packs. Cash & Carry have 25kg bags, but thats way to big for us. Ardkeen stores did, but currently out of stock.

10kg bag in Pallas Foods click and collect

https://collect.pallasfoods.com/pizza-00-flour-fast-proving-1x10-kg-490312.html

That's brilliant thanks very much, never knew they had click and collect in Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

I used to get it in SuperValu Tramore road, 1kg bag. It's also good for making pasta!

It seems they have now stopped the click and collect service in Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Aldi do the Tipo OO flour but not all the time, you might get lucky. We used to buy a couple of bags whenever they had it in but haven't for a while.

It seems they have now stopped the click and collect service in Waterford

That didnt last long,still showing Waterford on their site though

Aldi do the Tipo OO flour but not all the time, you might get lucky. We used to buy a couple of bags whenever they had it in but haven't for a while.

SuperValu Kilbarry had 00 flour this morning ,the red and blue caputo tipo 00

SuperValu Kilbarry had 00 flour this morning ,the red and blue caputo tipo 00

Yes, thanks for that, they got them back in stock on Wednesday so I stocked up on a few bags.

• Advertisement

Got some myself this morning too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Having a few friends and family over the gaff next week for a catch up, and im looking for recommendations for a decent catering place- im looking for a few plates of goujons, puddings, sausage rolls and various filling sandwiches like ham/cheese, salad etc. Its for about 20 people, and im reaching out to people who can stand over a decent place with nice food and a reasonable price.
    Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Having a few friends and family over the gaff next week for a catch up, and im looking for recommendations for a decent catering place- im looking for a few plates of goujons, puddings, sausage rolls and various filling sandwiches like ham/cheese, salad etc. Its for about 20 people, and im reaching out to people who can stand over a decent place with nice food and a reasonable price.
    Thanks for your help!

try Jack Molloys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭sillysocks

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Thanks for your help!

Mary Grimes is good anytime we’ve used them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Anywhere to get a large quantity of top soil around the county and will deliver?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

JPA wrote: »
    Anywhere to get a large quantity of top soil around the county and will deliver?

Probably not very competitive price wise, but I got 2 tonnes delivered by Morris' a few weeks ago. Cost me €160 all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Can anybody recommend a good gutter/roof repair person for a small job? Probably just needs some more lead added on to the end of the roof gullies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Anyone know a shop in town where I could buy replacement head/blades for electric shaver?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi,
    Am looking for recommendations for where to get a print framed please? I know I could probably just buy a frame & do it myself but I’d like to get it done professionally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Deisegodeo

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Am looking for recommendations for where to get a print framed please? I know I could probably just buy a frame & do it myself but I’d like to get it done professionally.

Joanne in house of frames was excellent and good prices, maybe a little too good, as the shop closed down a while back. I don't know if she is operating from another premises somewhere, or from home maybe, but she does a really good job. if you can track her down I would highly recommend her.

Advertisement