Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jingle Bells 5k 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Lazare wrote: »
    Sorry if it read like a dig, wasn't intended so.

I disagree with you though, parking is not a problem imo.

Can't wait for this, really enjoyed it last year.

Fair enough.

Good to hear it’s not a problem for this specific race as any other event I’ve attwnded there it has been. Maybe they were bigger. I know the great Ireland run is but others I’ve been to would have been smaller like the duathlons.

Anyway good luck to those taking part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

The Brass Band will be on course weather permitting.

Have the request in for a nice morning on Saturday so fingers crossed.

HelenAnne wrote: »
    Anyway, parking aside, I can't wait for the race! It's the start of the Christmas season. I hope that brass band will be playing at the finish again!

It's a great race, really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,414 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

aquinn wrote: »
    I'm unable to race now. I will be down to cheer still I think.

Will you be able to see anyone? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I'll be there to cheer or jog it very slowly just to get my Jingle Bells mug. Unfortunately the injury isn't responding to treatment so far...

Sorry to hear that Sean hopefully I will spot you at some stage on Saturday.
    skyblue46 wrote: »
    I'll be there to cheer or jog it very slowly just to get my Jingle Bells mug. Unfortunately the injury isn't responding to treatment so far...

• Advertisement

Jingle Bells 2018 is officially sold out.

Thanks to evryone around these parts who has signed up;hope you all enjoy the run on Saturday.

Look out for the elf on the bike!

Jingle Bells 2018 is officially sold out.

Thanks to evryone around these parts who has signed up;hope you all enjoy the run on Saturday.

Look out for the elf on the bike!

Any transfers allowed? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Goose76

is route the same as previous years.

Same route a previous years. Starting off on the Acres Road. Up Chesterfield Avenue; be wary of the road works at the US Ambassadors Residence this year. Then bomb it down the hill from the Furze Road junction.!
    Goose76 wrote: »
    is route the same as previous years.

I don't even think I could arrange a transfer for you S. Unless you want to take over chief elf responsibility from me and I can run!
    Any transfers allowed? :pac:

• Advertisement

I don't even think I could arrange a transfer for you S. Unless you want to take over chief elf responsibility from me and I can run!

Green and red just aren't my colours! I'll be in blue surprisingly haha.

Didn't think you would like the Mayo colours!
    Green and red just aren't my colours! I'll be in blue surprisingly haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Same route a previous years. Starting off on the Acres Road. Up Chesterfield Avenue; be wary of the road works at the US Ambassadors Residence this year. Then bomb it down the hill from the Furze Road junction.!

Can we not just start at the top of Furze road and finish at the bottom:D

Will be there, not in race condition but will enjoy it no matter what.

That would be some flying mile!
    Can we not just start at the top of Furze road and finish at the bottom:D

Will be there, not in race condition but will enjoy it no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Weather looks like it may be favourable. I've had a crap year due to injuries but looking forward to seeing where my form's at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Well, that was fun. Well organised, festive, smashing weather. And a PB.

A good day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

Fantastic race and fantastic festive atmosphere, thank you to Donore.

Nice to chat to you during warm up C.

Little gripe at the start with tons of people starting way too far towards the front, but although it's a serious pb chasing event that attracts serious runners, it's also got that fun run family element to it too. So totally understandable.

Great morning, oh, and big pb thanks to Skyblue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Absolutely superb race. Well done all involved!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭runnerholic

Are the results up yet and if so where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

Also meant to say, I was carrying my post race mug with box upside down and it fell out & smashed as I made my way back to the bag-drop area. I was too knackered to consider going back to the finish and pleading for another.

A lovely man (who was running with his son) gave me his - so thanks if you are reading - absolute gent! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

Are the results up yet and if so where?

Popupraces.ie

Thanks C and a cracking run from you this morning!

People starting to far forward is a scourge......we need to figure out a way of controlling that.

Glad you enjoyed the event. Some great times out there this morning.

Fantastic race and fantastic festive atmosphere, thank you to Donore.

Nice to chat to you during warm up C.

Little gripe at the start with tons of people starting way too far towards the front, but although it's a serious pb chasing event that attracts serious runners, it's also got that fun run family element to it too. So totally understandable.

Great morning, oh, and big pb thanks to Skyblue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

20:49 for me. Knew i didnt have the speed and didnt get going till 3k. Great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

What was the winning flying mile time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Great race as per usual although start was a bit messy between uncertainty that it had actually started and all the runners placing themselves incorrectly.

I notice I'm not included in the flying mile (not that I care as I wouldn't have a hope of challenging the leaders times) but just wondering if you had to actually run over the thing on the ground? It didn't stretch to the inside of the corner (which is the racing line so seems odd)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭overpronator

juke wrote: »
    Also meant to say, I was carrying my post race mug with box upside down and it fell out & smashed as I made my way back to the bag-drop area. I was too knackered to consider going back to the finish and pleading for another.

A lovely man (who was running with his son) gave me his - so thanks if you are reading - absolute gent! :)

I dropped mine too as soon as I was handed it, I was too wobbly and tired at the end to hold on to it! They gave me a new one though so fair play.

Great event and credit to Donore for the setup and atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great race, love the depth of quality, 16:50 [72nd/3rd M50], 5:09 flying mile [49th]

Nice to get a cup on PB day!
    I dropped mine too as soon as I was handed it, I was too wobbly and tired at the end to hold on to it! They gave me a new one though so fair play.

Great event and credit to Donore for the setup and atmosphere.

• Advertisement

4.24.....cracking time!

What was the winning flying mile time?

Advertisement