Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

Has anyone found out any info about allocation of social housing?

We received a reply from H&McD solicitors today stating that "a map of social housing won't be furnished. upon completion a letter will be furnished to show compliance as to discuss this and disclose this information would be deemed contrary to the ethos of the act"

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Starfish5000

Checki0610 wrote: »
    We received a reply from H&McD solicitors today stating that "a map of social housing won't be furnished. upon completion a letter will be furnished to show compliance as to discuss this and disclose this information would be deemed contrary to the ethos of the act"

Thanks for that just odd there is a map in part v of the sdcc plans but it doesn't seem to be matching what H & Mc D are saying

Thanks for that just odd there is a map in part v of the sdcc plans but it doesn't seem to be matching what H & Mc D are saying

Ye I know and I'm nearly sure some of the marked houses were on the sale sheet to be sold so I think it's wrong? It's a bit annoying not knowing but I guess it's a risk everywhere now with the new law that every new development has to supply 10% social housing. If you find out anymore sure let us know

Checki0610 wrote: »
    Ye I know and I'm nearly sure some of the marked houses were on the sale sheet to be sold so I think it's wrong? It's a bit annoying not knowing but I guess it's a risk everywhere now with the new law that every new development has to supply 10% social housing. If you find out anymore sure let us know

Ya some of the marked houses were on the sale sheet alright so it does look to be wrong, will do!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

I asked this as I said the windows would need to be changed and he said to me that no one has asked that before and he would have to find out. I would much prefer the kitchen at the back

Me too :( Keep us posted if you hear anything :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Just to everyone who has bought a B type house, Hooke & McD have confirmed that the floor plans for B type house on the SDCC website are incorrect and the brochure is the correct layout.

Look's like the bedrooms are bigger now compared to Parksides. Good News!

dn2017 wrote: »
    Just to everyone who has bought a B type house, Hooke & McD have confirmed that the floor plans for B type house on the SDCC website are incorrect and the brochure is the correct layout.

Look's like the bedrooms are bigger now compared to Parksides. Good News!

Thanks for that! Did anyone else notice the kitchen in the brochure is smaller than parkside yet the living room is the same size? I wonder why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corre10

Hey folks, just got notification from the solicitors today the new completion date is pushed to December for Shackleton Place. HMcD only confirmed this Monday that completion was October! My advice, HMcD don't have a whole lot of information so don't rely on them. Disappointed at the jump to Dec from Oct!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Just a passenger on this thread, but have purchased in Churchfields, Adhbourne which is also from Cairn.

Myself and other buyers got bad and conflicting info from the selling agents. So my 2c, speak directly with Cairn or visit the site and meet the foreman in person.

And of course, good luck to all new house owners :)

corre10 wrote: »
    Hey folks, just got notification from the solicitors today the new completion date is pushed to December for Shackleton Place. HMcD only confirmed this Monday that completion was October! My advice, HMcD don't have a whole lot of information so don't rely on them. Disappointed at the jump to Dec from Oct!

Thanks for the update. I'm only around the corner on Shackleton Way so I presume where the same! Had a feeling it wouldn't be till January before we move in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

I wonder what the hold up is .... there are only 9 houses on the Place.
    3 are roofed & the other side of the road has started on the rooves
    Can't understand why it would take until December.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

yannakis wrote: »
    Just a passenger on this thread, but have purchased in Churchfields, Adhbourne which is also from Cairn.

Myself and other buyers got bad and conflicting info from the selling agents. So my 2c, speak directly with Cairn or visit the site and meet the foreman in person.

And of course, good luck to all new house owners :)

Did you email or ring Cairn? I am planning to go and look at the show houses in churchfields. Do you know what types are on view? There is no show house in Shackleton and my house type is sold in parkside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Did you email or ring Cairn? I am planning to go and look at the show houses in churchfields. Do you know what types are on view? There is no show house in Shackleton and my house type is sold in parkside.

I rang them, was transferred to the person dealing with Churchfields and also got her email for future queries.

Last time I visited the showhouses was about a month and they had A, A1, C, D, and half a C2 (only ground floor). I think they started selling K1 and K2, but none is ready so definitely no showhouse for these. Brochure with sitemap and floorplans (pdf)

Also, relevant thread here :)

Newbie xx wrote: »
    I wonder what the hold up is .... there are only 9 houses on the Place.
    3 are roofed & the other side of the road has started on the rooves
    Can't understand why it would take until December.

Agreed, I've no idea and wasn't given a reason. Kinda hoping they can pull it back at least a few weeks. Only thing could be that as it's the main access road to the other homes all those homes probably have to be close to completion as well otherwise there could be ongoing construction traffic on what hopefully should be a finished road?

Agreed, I've no idea and wasn't given a reason. Kinda hoping they can pull it back at least a few weeks. Only thing could be that as it's the main access road to the other homes all those homes probably have to be close to completion as well otherwise there could be ongoing construction traffic on what hopefully should be a finished road?

Disappointing for sure.
    Again the mixed messages are frustrating!!!!

I rang our solicitor today to see if they heard from Hooke &McD but they said the agents would never ring them and that we would find out first of the agents if the completion date is pushed out. Going to give Hooke &Mc D a shout tomorrow to see if they can tell me Shackleton Way is been pushed out.

I rang our solicitor today to see if they heard from Hooke &McD but they said the agents would never ring them and that we would find out first of the agents if the completion date is pushed out. Going to give Hooke &Mc D a shout tomorrow to see if they can tell me Shackleton Way is been pushed out.

If you hear anything will you let me know as I am on shackelton way too - mid terrace so would be good to know too

Yeah no problem at all. Are you the first block of houses on Shackleton Way if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah no problem at all. Are you the first block of houses on Shackleton Way if you don't mind me asking?

No I am in the second block so it wouldn't be long after first block is built, is there anyone else on here in the second block on shackelton way?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

I'm buying in Shackleton Way too, second block of houses, calling HMD and solicitor tomorrow for outstanding answers to questions on our contract, still haven't signed as a result. HMD keep calling to ask if we've signed and I keep saying when I get the answers from Eversheds... very frustrating. Has anyone else not signed? I put deposit down on the very first day the houses went on sale :/

• Advertisement

spx3 wrote: »
    I'm buying in Shackleton Way too, second block of houses, calling HMD and solicitor tomorrow for outstanding answers to questions on our contract, still haven't signed as a result. HMD keep calling to ask if we've signed and I keep saying when I get the answers from Eversheds... very frustrating. Has anyone else not signed? I put deposit down on the very first day the houses went on sale :/

Ah your on my row soðŸ˜႒ haven't signed yet either- solicitor is querying a couple of things before I sign! Have had a call from HMD just to see where I was at but will prob get more calls next week!

We put a deposit down the first week too, only received a reply from eversheds this week, and Hooke and McD called us loads of times too, I think they are just trying to pressure people into signing. Our solicitor requested documents such as home bond insurance etc and I noticed on eversheds reply the documents they sent with the homebond insurance etc were dated late June so I'm guessing that's one reason why there taking so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 spx3

I'm glad I'm not the only one so! I'll update as I get answers. I thought they were basic enough questions! Hopefully the November date still stands but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's later than that. This thread is great, feel so much better and less in the dark about everything :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one so! I'll update as I get answers. I thought they were basic enough questions! Hopefully the November date still stands but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it's later than that. This thread is great, feel so much better and less in the dark about everything :)

Me too finding this thread really helpful!

If you hear anything will you let me know as I am on shackelton way too - mid terrace so would be good to know too

I'd be interested as well in any news on completion dates as I figure the way has to be done around same time as the place?

I m in the same boats it's extremely frustrating. Good to know I'm not alone but also not very reassuring either

I have been chatting to HMCD this afternoon and Shackleton Way is still scheduled for November and there is no change. Not sure who has told different by HMCD this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

I just got confirmation from Cairn and the architect that the kitchen in house type C is at the front. They could not confirm the size of the new windows

I just got confirmation from Cairn and the architect that the kitchen in house type C is at the front. They could not confirm the size of the new windows
    If you drive by you should be able to view, the 3 houses that are complete to roof level. These are C types they would have their openings for the windows. This may give you an idea.

• Advertisement

I have been chatting to HMCD this afternoon and Shackleton Way is still scheduled for November and there is no change. Not sure who has told different by HMCD this week?

I was talking to Winston on Monday who said October, then got a few ( not all ) responses back to my solicitor from eversheds, part of their response was that Shackleton Place completion date is December. Interesting that they are saying the Way will be November as that's further up beyond the place? I'll take November if I can get it ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Advertisement