Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

cronos wrote: »
    I was actually referring to the fan in the oven and not the extractor fan. I'm thinking it is faulty though, it's just so bad it couldn't be normal.

I would agree it may be faulty as mine is not noisy.

I noticed theres a tiny black box/cover on the front of the most recent Herons, does anyone know what its for?
    I've not seen it on the others as far as I can recall.

I'm wondering if anybody with a standard Heron kitchen could share or PM what they decided to do for a kitchen table and how that worked out in the end? As we are a bit unsure what to buy and don't fancy making a wrong decision.
    I guess I would be interested in what size and layout you went for.

Or perhaps you decided to use the snug/tv-room as a dining room as one of the estate agents mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

i'd suggest upgrading the Oven. I find it very noisy.

Cronos, did you upgrade your appliances? If so, can you let me know how I can go about this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Cronos, did you upgrade your appliances? If so, can you let me know how I can go about this? Thanks

I didn't upgrade the appliances. I'm suggesting others do if they can though. Although my oven may just be faulty. I believe the process is talking to the kitchen company. You can get an email/phone number from Ballymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

One or two people asked for a picture of network set-up.

The blue cables will have a cover over them and a little hole for them to come through, All of the cables go into the switch, I will have the modem going into the switch when the internet is installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

anyone get in a painter decorator they would recommend? have a small bit of wallpaper hanging and painting of single walls and one room to get done. PM any recommendations, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

hi all, has anybody removed the bar shelf and extended the island counter top to make the breakfast bar at the same height as the rest of the counter? could you pls PM me and possibly share a picture? tks

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pink_polkadot

Hi all,

I know it was meantioned before about the smell from the dishwasher but I can not remember if it was fixed. Can anyone confirm if they sorted out the smell from the dishwasher and how they did it?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

hi all, has anybody removed the bar shelf and extended the island counter top to make the breakfast bar at the same height as the rest of the counter? could you pls PM me and possibly share a picture? tks

If you could also pm the pictures to me as well i'd appreciate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I've a question regarding broadband and the utility room.
    Whenever Eir get the street cabled up, they then run a cable up to the box outside the front door.
    Do the network cables then go to the Utility room so that i can keep all switches etc in the utility?

How does it work for tv?

Although i thought it was explained, i done a thread search and cant find it, so apologies if its a duplicate of an older question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi all,

I know it was meantioned before about the smell from the dishwasher but I can not remember if it was fixed. Can anyone confirm if they sorted out the smell from the dishwasher and how they did it?

Thank you.

Nope, smell still coming and going. I saw ballymore out cleaning the drains for the neighbours last week. I think this is a common problem.
    fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    I've a question regarding broadband and the utility room.
    Whenever Eir get the street cabled up, they then run a cable up to the box outside the front door.
    Do the network cables then go to the Utility room so that i can keep all switches etc in the utility?

How does it work for tv?

Although i thought it was explained, i done a thread search and cant find it, so apologies if its a duplicate of an older question.

There is a telephone line in the hall which can be run back to the utility. I asked the KN engineer to put the VDSL splitter in the utility.

I'm not sure how the TV works but it looks to be like most SKY installations are ignoring the internal cabling and putting new cables in. Seems a waste.

I'd be interested in how to connect the TV sockets up also.

And on another subject, like many have mentioned before my phone signal vanishes once inside the door. But I wasn't planning on getting a land line. Has anybody figured out a solution..

I know Vodafone sell some kind of box which lets you use a broadband connection as a cell station of sorts.. but I presume that's only on Vodafone and I'm happy with my mobile provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

And on another subject, like many have mentioned before my phone signal vanishes once inside the door. But I wasn't planning on getting a land line. Has anybody figured out a solution..

I know Vodafone sell some kind of box which lets you use a broadband connection as a cell station of sorts.. but I presume that's only on Vodafone and I'm happy with my mobile provider.

Meteor has also a service
    https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/eir-wifi-calling/
    (I haven't tried it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

OrdeP wrote: »
    Meteor has also a service
    https://www.meteor.ie/terms_and_conditions/eir-wifi-calling/
    (I haven't tried it though)

As mentioned above, Wifi calling is probably the best option, Eir/Meteor launched it earlier it this year, other operators have plans to launch a similar service. The service is generally only available on higher end phones like the iPhone and Samsung galaxy series

It occurred to me the other day that there aren't any Street names up.

I guess I always used Google maps, but just might be a bit hard for some delivery drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

I guess I always used Google maps, but just might be a bit hard for some delivery drivers.

My instructions always are: "Go to the Centra near Phelan Avenue and call me; I'll come show you the way." Then again, our street isn't on Google Maps at all.

But no street names are just par for the course in Dublin. Here's an example of how I used to get lost, running in Dublin and relying on street name signs.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Here's an example of how I used to get lost, running in Dublin and relying on street name signs.

That's what happens when you use bing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ant034

Does anyone have a good, reasonable priced alarm company that they could PM me?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

That's what happens when you use bing.
    At least Bing didn't place Dublin ZOO in the middle of Temple Bar ;)

I just edited Open Street Maps to add a few streets and houses that were already available in the most recent satellite imagery. I'll be tinkering with it a little more when I have the time and when new satellite images become available. Right now, though, OSM is the most accurate mapping provider for the area. Mapquest, which sources OSM, should be updated soon, too.

• Advertisement

NeilFB wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is a very useful thread!! I don't know if this was already discussed but has anyone noticed that the clock on the oven is slower than the clock on the microwave? If you set the two clocks to the same time the oven loses time and eventually there are a few hours in the difference. We contacted the kitchen company who are lovely to deal with and they replaced the oven but unfortunately it's still happening.

Who did you contact in the kitchen company? You can PM if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dazamataz

Has anyone put a double fridge in the Heron kitchen?

We are just moving in and the hot water is not working.
    Is there a switch I missed or could it be a problem I need to get resolved.

I noticed an on/off switch at the back of the hot press, but its not labeled.. so could be for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 johnny66179

I noticed an on/off switch at the back of the hot press, but its not labeled.. so could be for anything.

We had a similar problem, we mentioned it to Tom in Barrymore and they got a guy from Joule to have a look at it. He sorted it out by resetting it, it had switched into some sort of standby mode

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

That's an emersion switch apparently for forcing hot water.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Yup, poor delivery folk have a hard time finding addresses. Its not uncommon to get one or two knocks on the door at the moment for help :) Will be good to get street signs up and the streets into google maps.

I'm wondering if anybody with a standard Heron kitchen could share or PM what they decided to do for a kitchen table and how that worked out in the end? As we are a bit unsure what to buy and don't fancy making a wrong decision.
    I guess I would be interested in what size and layout you went for.

Or perhaps you decided to use the snug/tv-room as a dining room as one of the estate agents mentioned.

We went for a round table that holds 4 that extends out to cater for 6 people. Its tricky to buy a table to fit in the standard kitchen. We considered using the snug as a dining room but we want to use it for other things. The table we got works just fine for us at the moment.

Manion wrote: »
    So the speed bumps have been removed from bridge avenue. Already seeing people speed up down the avenue. It seems people view it as a main route as opposed to a road through a residential area.

Yeah this is a concern. Im glad we are on Phelan Park and not facing the road ill be honest. I think they will need to add permanent speed bumps there.

Chumpski wrote: »
    Yeah this is a concern. Im glad we are on Phelan Park and not facing the road ill be honest. I think they will need to add permanent speed bumps there.

The real solution will be to open up more routs to the river road that don't make all the traffic go down bridge avenue. The river road is the perfect outlet for the traffic and should just have multiple points joining the different blocks of appartments/houses in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 sunshine135

Hi all,
    We are after the 1st snag, we mostly have minor issues as mentioned in my previous post, happy days.

However one of the issue is that the toilet flush seem to be quite weak in our house. We tried the regular and the power flush - the power flush makes no difference. In fact our snagger originally though that the pump was not connected yet (it was connected). Ballymore replied to us that the toilets are set up this way because of the "new Regulations", they say all new houses are built this way and are reluctant even to recheck it.

Could you please let us know about your experience? Does it appear to be weak but it's actually efficient? Did anyone came across this problem and manage to solve it, what can be causing the issue?

Many thanks.

Advertisement