Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment Stage 4 (2018 Campaign)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭User2206

Anybody with OOM in 500s get called to local station yet?

I’m early 400s and still Have yet to be called! Have you been called?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭farrelly90

Anybody with OOM in 500s get called to local station yet?

I’m 500’s and still haven’t been called either. I would say to just hold tight and wait our turns really. I don’t understand how they are not going by the OOM number by number.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭james flanagan

Ye not a word myself the wait is a killer lads isnt it ha and we are only halfway through if that

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

Uweir32 wrote: »
    I still haven’t got mine signed. I don’t know if it’s a northern thing but couldn’t get anyone in Belfast to do it I’ve an appointment tomorrow in County Down with w private GP my heads fried over this if I don’t get it tomorrow I don’t know what else to do
    Ring the number of the form and explain yourself if you don't get sorted. Yer man is quite nice there. Hopefully they can schedule you in the next batch if you miss the deadline.
    On the plus side the deadline only says Friday, so once you have it in by 11:59pm you should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mmk123

I still haven’t got mine signed. I don’t know if it’s a northern thing but couldn’t get anyone in Belfast to do it I’ve an appointment tomorrow in County Down with w private GP my heads fried over this if I don’t get it tomorrow I don’t know what else to do

I'm from the North and my GP surgery you leave letter in and have to pay I think either 5/15£ and they sign your stuff off for you. I had to get one before for something else and didn't know this so I just asked my GP at end of an appointment. He did sign for me but just made me aware of procedure. Not sure why they won't do it for you maybe try ask if they do this? Hope you get sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

Does anybody know whether we are allowed to pick from a bunch of dates for the last stages, as we did with the previous ones, or are we given a day and, no matter what, you can't change it? I'm thinking, for example, if you have a work appointment, or a long-planned holiday...

Oruam wrote: »
    Does anybody know whether we are allowed to pick from a bunch of dates for the last stages, as we did with the previous ones, or are we given a day and, no matter what, you can't change it? I'm thinking, for example, if you have a work appointment, or a long-planned holiday...
    They'll be on a Saturday if that's any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Oruam

They'll be on a Saturday if that's any help.
    Thanks! And do you happen to know how far in advance they give you notification?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Thanks! And do you happen to know how far in advance they give you notification?
    Two weeks from talking to people.

Two weeks from talking to people.
    If that's the case you'd imagine they'd start the 2nd of February, along with the 9th and possibly 16th depending on how many numbers they're taking in the first batch. Needless to say, it's complete speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭5i6blrtngojxwf

Anyone having trouble getting their GP letter signed?
    Apparently my doctors surgery doesn’t offer such things and I have been waiting two days for a private clinic to contact me back to see if they do it. Not refusing on medical groups GP was happy to print my medical history just wouldn’t sign any forms - really worried that I won’t get it sorted

Had to put up a bit of a fight myself as they didn’t know what it was about at all! Doctor asked if he needed to watch me do the fitness test in his office and all I could think of was “yeah where do you keep the cones for the shuttle run” haha in the end he did a very quick check up and stamped it for €60 as I’ve only been to a doctor once before so he didn’t know what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

I’ve no idea really but the impression I get from the email with the gp form is that we will be given a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭fmp3d26og54yi9

Has anyone had their meeting with their local superintendent? I have had my meeting with my local sergeant but not with the Super yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭OscarKilo

Has anyone had their meeting with their local superintendent? I have had my meeting with my local sergeant but not with the Super yet.

Not yet, what’s your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Waestrel

Hi all

submitted gp form - have heard nothing in response , not even an acknowledgment.

should i have?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

Waestrel wrote: »
    Hi all

submitted gp form - have heard nothing in response , not even an acknowledgment.

should i have?

I didn't, I don't think anyone did.

Gadaves wrote: »
    I didn't, I don't think anyone did.

Some people did alright, don't know if they'd reply to everyone but might be worth ringing. I got a bounce back email saying their inbox was full so had to ring them to sort it.
    Haven't heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 userunkown

Didn't see anyone saying they did?
    I didn't anyway..

userunkown wrote: »
    Didn't see anyone saying they did?
    I didn't anyway..
    I know that 1 person did, now I think most people didn't so you've probably nothing to worry about.

Both interviews done as of last week :)

• Advertisement

Both interviews done as of last week :)

Im wondering should i give my station a call to see if the super has my form?

Im wondering should i give my station a call to see if the super has my form?

If you’ve had you sargeant interview he/she will be the one passing it onto the super once they’re happy to give you a “positive” response following the interview :) this could all depend on where you are too as it doesn’t look like loads of people have had their super interviews yet (maybe I’m wrong?)

If you’ve had you sargeant interview he/she will be the one passing it onto the super once they’re happy to give you a “positive” response following the interview :) this could all depend on where you are too as it doesn’t look like loads of people have had their super interviews yet (maybe I’m wrong?)

Someone I know is in the same stage as me at the moment and they had their interview with their local super last week, hence why i'm like should i follow up on my own haha. Zero patience! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭bottar1

Someone I know is in the same stage as me at the moment and they had their interview with their local super last week, hence why i'm like should i follow up on my own haha. Zero patience! lol

Honestly there are so many factors involved and its VERY early yet, I really would give it some time!!

bottar1 wrote: »
    Honestly there are so many factors involved and its VERY early yet, I really would give it some time!!

Will do! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

Has anybody here made inquiries about their vetting. Can you find out if it is complete or still being processed?
    From reading other Threads it seams some people have been waiting up to 2 years after medical and fitness test to get a call for training due to hold ups with their vetting..

Paddyjken wrote: »
    Has anybody here made inquiries about their vetting. Can you find out if it is complete or still being processed?
    From reading other Threads it seams some people have been waiting up to 2 years after medical and fitness test to get a call for training due to hold ups with their vetting..

Most of those people would be a very small minority. People who don't get held up aren't posting on forums!

Most of those people would be a very small minority. People who don't get held up aren't posting on forums!

True that!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Paddyjken

I understand that, but im sure those people that are posting didn't envisage themselves being in that position 2 years ago!! Just wondering has anybody checked their progress...

• Advertisement

Paddyjken wrote: »
    I understand that, but im sure those people that are posting didn't envisage themselves being in that position 2 years ago!! Just wondering has anybody checked their progress...

If you are from the 2018 campaign I wouldn't go calling about vetting at the mo! Very early days sure none of us even have a date for fitness do we?

Advertisement