Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shackleton Park, Lucan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 23ChaChaCha

I'm in the mid terrace, no 4 on the close. They are saying it will be ready for November but that people wont sign off on snag list etc until the new year. your probably November too then are you? Did you go see the showhouses in Parkside before they were sold?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Nastygal2511

I'm in the mid terrace, no 4 on the close. They are saying it will be ready for November but that people wont sign off on snag list etc until the new year. your probably November too then are you? Did you go see the showhouses in Parkside before they were sold?

Nice, they are saying ours will be February. I am so excited. Do you know if a cooker comes with the kitchen? No we haven't gone out yet. Hoping to go Saturday. Are they exactly the same?

Nice, they are saying ours will be February. I am so excited. Do you know if a cooker comes with the kitchen? No we haven't gone out yet. Hoping to go Saturday. Are they exactly the same?

Ahhh so exciting. Yes they come with integrated oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. The 3 bed show house in Parkside has now been sold so theres only a 4 bed on show. The 3 bed was almost the same except their kitchen is to the back not the front. If you go on the Parkside website you can do a 3d walk around it wont let me post the link here.

Ahhh so exciting. Yes they come with integrated oven and hob, fridge freezer and dishwasher. The 3 bed show house in Parkside has now been sold so theres only a 4 bed on show. The 3 bed was almost the same except their kitchen is to the back not the front. If you go on the Parkside website you can do a 3d walk around it wont let me post the link here.

Perfect, I didn't realise they came with so much. No I didn't and it's not on view anymore =( Have you signed contracts yet? They told us 2 weeks but that seems very soon considering it won't be ready until Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Checki0610

We put a deposit down the end of may for a 3 bed end of terrace on Shackleton way. The contracts were sent to our solicitor then after about 3/4 weeks. Our solicitor got back to them straight away with a few queries and document requests and were still waiting 4 weeks now for there reply. We were told they would be ready about January (originally told Oct/Nov). Sad the show house is sold in parkside we would of liked to see it again! Excited for them to be built 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Adel12

We put a deposit on one of the houses in May. Signed contracts the other day but we were waiting a few weeks to hear back from Cairns solicitors.

Also, if you search Cairn homes on SDCC website you can see all of their plans in much more detail.

Adel12 wrote: »
    We put a deposit on one of the houses in May. Signed contracts the other day but we were waiting a few weeks to hear back from Cairns solicitors.

Also, if you search Cairn homes on SDCC website you can see all of their plans in much more detail.

Ye they seem to be slow with getting back with any queries.

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Nemo28

Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Newbie xx

Nemo28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if these houses come floored and tiled? And if there are any clauses like that you cant have a BBQ or make any changes to the externals for the first 5 years?! Ive just heard some new developments include this in contracts. Also, I haven't seen anything about management fees so assuming they won't apply but again, some new developments do come with management fees..
    My u derstandung is kitchen & bathrooms are tiled.
    Not sure about bbq 's
    No changes allowed without permission from Management company, there us no time limit stated.
    Yes there are fees you will get these with your contract.

Checki0610 wrote: »

I just had a look at the sdcc website there thanks for that! I didn't no they were building apartments at the entrance too, they kept that quiet. Have you heard back anything since signing the contracts or have they said how long it would be until they contacted you again?

Yeh...there is an apartment duplex going right at the front...i think its a much smaller scale than the apartment block going at the back!

No havent heard back..next step is to get word that builders have signed and after that its a waiting game until exchange of keys etc.

• Advertisement

Nemo28 wrote: »

Houses only come tiled including bathrooms. Management company does have some compliance rules but they mostly apply to the front of the houses or any areas visible to the public eye. For example, you cant just make adjustments to your front door or put a satelitte dish out the front. You have to go through them for any requests like that. The idea is that they want it all looking the same...which isnt so bad i think! Fees are approx 400-500 per year depending on what you are buying, there is a breakdown available if you contact your solicitor and ask!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peter Quill

Anyone know what houses are still available?

Anyone know what houses are still available?

When I was speaking to them yesterday there was 1 available on our road the green! We are number 1 but I'm not sure what number it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beecees

We put a deposit down the end of may for a 3 bed end of terrace on Shackleton way. The contracts were sent to our solicitor then after about 3/4 weeks. Our solicitor got back to them straight away with a few queries and document requests and were still waiting 4 weeks now for there reply. We were told they would be ready about January (originally told Oct/Nov). Sad the show house is sold in parkside we would of liked to see it again! Excited for them to be built 😬

Do you mind me asking how far down you are on Shackleton Way? We put deposit down on first day of launch on a four bed on Shackleton place and was told mid Oct. We have asked twice. Just wondering if it's down that end as it might mean our date is pushed back, thanks ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

Hi guys! Can one of you tell me if your car parking space was included in your contact?

Hi guys! Can one of you tell me if your car parking space was included in your contact?

It's says in the co tracts all house come with w allocated car parking spaces. If you don't have a drive then on street parking places will be assigned.

Some of the houses include a driveway for 2 cars or either no drive but 2 car spots at front of the house, but eitherway both are included in the contract yes

Adel12 wrote: »
    Houses only come tiled including bathrooms. Management company does have some compliance rules but they mostly apply to the front of the houses or any areas visible to the public eye. For example, you cant just make adjustments to your front door or put a satelitte dish out the front. You have to go through them for any requests like that. The idea is that they want it all looking the same...which isnt so bad i think! Fees are approx 400-500 per year depending on what you are buying, there is a breakdown available if you contact your solicitor and ask!

I think the floors of the bathrooms, kitchen and hallway are tiled. And wet walls of the bathroom are tiled if you want the rest done it's extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭yannakis

You new hood is now on Waze, and it will be live in the next update, typically a few days. Here's a link to the livemap and a screenshot from the editor:

yddJuoN.png

Anyone knows what is being developed across the road (to the right)?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭audi5

yannakis wrote: »
    You new hood is now on , and it will be live in the next update, typically a few days. Here's a screenshot from the editor:

Anyone knows what is being developed across the road (to the right)?

New road connecting Shackleton to Newcastle Road. This is from the planning docs:

Permission is also sought for the upgrade of c.257m of Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane from the existing junction of Dodsboro Road and Dodsboro Cottages, tying back into Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane adjacent to the former Airlie Studfarm. A new signal controlled crossroads providing access to the proposed residential development will be provided at a point c.143m south of the existing junction of Dodsboro Road and Dodsboro Cottages. The upgraded carriageway of the Dodsboro Road/Tandy's Lane provision for vehicular traffic, bus lanes and right turning lanes as required and will be flanked on both sides by cycle paths. To the east of the proposed crossroads, permission is sought for a new 6.5m wide road of c.360m in length connecting to the existing road network.

• Advertisement

Yes, there is a small block there, referred to as Block B. Its there in the brochure but it will not be built until later in the development phase. From planning:

8 duplex/apartment units (referred to as Block B) consisting of 4 three bedroom duplexes, 3 two bedroom duplexes and 1 one bedroom apartment ranging in size from 54sqm to 111sqm in a 3 - 4 storey residential block.

audi5 wrote: »
    Yes, there is a small block there, referred to as Block B. Its there in the brochure but it will not be built until later in the development phase. From planning:

8 duplex/apartment units (referred to as Block B) consisting of 4 three bedroom duplexes, 3 two bedroom duplexes and 1 one bedroom apartment ranging in size from 54sqm to 111sqm in a 3 - 4 storey residential block.

Yea it's just not very clear in the brochure, but I guess duplexes aren't to bad as there isn't many of them either. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭dn2017

Hi,

I put down a deposit on a 3 bed on Shackleton Way back in May.We signed the contracts last week with the solicitor and Hooke & McDonald are telling us the house will be ready around November but I am thinking it could be late December or January before we move in.

Does anybody know if the hall floor and kitchen floor come tiled? I know the bathrooms are tiled but just trying to plan ahead.

dn2017 wrote: »
    Hi,

I put down a deposit on a 3 bed on Shackleton Way back in May.We signed the contracts last week with the solicitor and Hooke & McDonald are telling us the house will be ready around November but I am thinking it could be late December or January before we move in.

Does anybody know if the hall floor and kitchen floor come tiled? I know the bathrooms are tiled but just trying to plan ahead.

Hi,
    We put a deposit on Shackleton way in may too just waiting to sign the contracts. We were originally told November and then told January So not sure I would say it will be after Christmas.

The hall, kitchen and bathrooms are all tiled.

Hi,
    We put a deposit on Shackleton way in may too just waiting to sign the contracts. We were originally told November and then told January So not sure I would say it will be after Christmas.

The hall, kitchen and bathrooms are all tiled.

If you don't mind me asking are you the first set of houses been built on Shackleton Way? That's grand just so I know as we requested a few things from the developers and still waiting.

If you don't mind me asking are you the first set of houses been built on Shackleton Way? That's grand just so I know as we requested a few things from the developers and still waiting.

No were more towards the end of the road so that could be why they are saying later to us. If your on the first row then I would say it easily could be done before Christmas. The last time we drove up it looks like there is about 4 houses nearly built.

Did you sign before hearing back from there solicitors? Our solicitor requested a few things on the 8th of June and we are still waiting to hear back from them so we haven't signed our contracts yet.

Yea it's just not very clear in the brochure, but I guess duplexes aren't to bad as there isn't many of them either. Thanks for that.

No problem. You are right though that its not very clear, block B is not marked on the brochure unlike block A which has a name on the block Shackleton Hall.

No were more towards the end of the road so that could be why they are saying later to us. If your on the first row then I would say it easily could be done before Christmas. The last time we drove up it looks like there is about 4 houses nearly built.

Did you sign before hearing back from there solicitors? Our solicitor requested a few things on the 8th of June and we are still waiting to hear back from them so we haven't signed our contracts yet.

Yeah we are the first row so it could be before Christmas. There Solicitors said last Friday was the final date we could sign the contracts so we signed on Thursday. I drive past the site every morning and it look's like the houses are flying up.

We were looking for a layout plan of the sockets but the builders have said they can't put any extra ones in but will send on a layout in the next few days.

Yeah we are the first row so it could be before Christmas. There Solicitors said last Friday was the final date we could sign the contracts so we signed on Thursday. I drive past the site every morning and it look's like the houses are flying up.

We were looking for a layout plan of the sockets but the builders have said they can't put any extra ones in but will send on a layout in the next few days.

Oh really, we were originally told we had to sign after 3 weeks but when our solicitor got the contracts he sent them a list of questions back at the start of June and we still haven't heard back. Hooke&MacD have called us asking why we haven't signed but we said we're waiting on them otherwise we're ready to sign. I wonder will they call us now and say we need to sign regardless.

Yea they seem to be going up fairly quick, I'm hoping they don't take longer than 6 months. Did you contact the builders directly for the socket plan? Do we get to make any changes internally or get options for anything do you know since you've signed?

• Advertisement

Oh really, we were originally told we had to sign after 3 weeks but when our solicitor got the contracts he sent them a list of questions back at the start of June and we still haven't heard back. Hooke&MacD have called us asking why we haven't signed but we said we're waiting on them otherwise we're ready to sign. I wonder will they call us now and say we need to sign regardless.

Yea they seem to be going up fairly quick, I'm hoping they don't take longer than 6 months. Did you contact the builders directly for the socket plan? Do we get to make any changes internally or get options for anything do you know since you've signed?

Yeah we were the same but it was around 8 or 9 weeks after putting the deposit down that we signed the contracts. We kind of panicked when we heard their solicitors told us we had to a certain date to sign the contracts so we got everything over the line and just signed. Our Solicitor was happy with everything which was grand!

No I contacted Hooke& McD and they contacted the developers. I don't think we do have a choice as I was told the kitchen is the same kitchen as the show house in Park Side and the kitchen is been fitted by Nolan Kitchens.

Advertisement