Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'd fecking murder a good creamy pint

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I've stocked up on rum, gin, cider and wine. Find a good one among these four options, and you will never pedestalise a creamy pint again.

Cider over a good pint of stout?

Never, in this world or any world that has ever existed past, present or future.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

I havent drank in 10 years but an oul pint would be lovely.

Looks like the rest of us could join you.

Oh stop. What I wouldn't give for a pint of Coors. All that sugary alcoholic chemically goodness. Packet of cheese and onion crisps and some atrocious two piece playing "music". I'd even take the sticky tables and unpleasant toilets.
    And I'd touch everything WITH MY BARE HANDS!
    Even other people. I'd go around rubbing their faces and letting them breathe on me. Standing shoulder to shoulder in a McDonald's queue.

No more worry about sanitizing my hands enough times. Once before taking car keys out of pocket. Then again after placing groceries on the seat. A third time after putting purse in to bag. Then realising 'shìte' I touched my bag or worse my face.

Come back my regular life. I will never complain again. Work will be a joy. Traffic something to look forward too. Public transport a wonderful adventure. Please. Come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Someone organise a big meet up when this is over please!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,328 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

We'll all be giving out after a week of normality, Perse, but we can dream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

I'd love to go to Frank Ryans for a pint and a toasty.

We'll all be giving out after a week of normality, Perse, but we can dream!

Tomorrow night I'm going to pour my bottle of Wicklow Wolf in to a pint glass and pretend.

Tomorrow night I'm going to pour my bottle of Wicklow Wolf in to a pint glass and pretend.

I'm doing that every night! Not with Wicklow Wolf though, I've never heard of it. I'm more of a cheap, mass produced beer drinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭chrissb8

Guinness from the can is lovely these days. Picked up 4 slabs a few weeks ago to keep the whistle wet.

Whoever lives with you will be quarantining in the shed with what will be coming out of you after all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Anything else nice to drink lads in terms of beer n lager.

Been drinking cans of Guinness last few weeks and odd bottle of corona but what else is nice? What's Peroni like

• Advertisement

I'm not a huge fan of Peroni, it's a slightly stronger tasting lager, kind of like Tiger if you've ever had that.

I'd malafooster a rake of Tuborg and a whole card of scampi fries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

And here comes the craft beer drinkers! Thinking everything is piss except craft beer!

And here comes the craft beer drinkers! Thinking everything is piss except craft beer!

Did you miss where she said she'd love a pint of Coors?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Smithwicks is where its at, absolutely hate Guinness, nothing beats a pint of smithwicks on a Saturday afternoon after servicing the truck or digger and you parched for 2 pints, as a previous poster said I'm definitely going for day pints when this has died down, if I'm not dead before that of course

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭ITman88

Is it going to be as simple as just reopening the pubs?

Kegs have a limited shelf life, every pub in the country will have stale Guinness, I wonder how quick can Guinness get fresh Guinness delivered to each pub across the country?

Are they still brewing Guinness? Or have they stopped and will have to restart a lengthy process when the restrictions are up? Thus causing further shortages!

We might have no pints until Christmas!

I'm doing that every night! Not with Wicklow Wolf though, I've never heard of it. I'm more of a cheap, mass produced beer drinker.

Oh I love the mass produced stuff myself!! Coors! Only from draught though. I think I will install taps and a keg after this.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A relaxed night out would be lovely all the same.

When this is all over and the pubs are back open there'll be feck all chance of a relaxed night out for ages. It'll be like the last days of the Roman Empire.

Did you miss where she said she'd love a pint of Coors?

Sure look. You know now some people do be just dying to argue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I have a slab of MacArdles in the shed. That will see me through.

• Advertisement

Your Face wrote: »
    I have a slab of MacArdles in the shed. That will see me through.

What is your favourite Macardles? I like Rosie and Ned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Zaph wrote: »
    When this is all over and the pubs are back open there'll be feck all chance of a relaxed night out for ages. It'll be like the last days of the Roman Empire.

This is the worry. Don't want to go for a pint there's a hape of drunk teens falling around the bar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Sure I bought meself a couple of cans of Wicklow Wolf today as it happens, part of a medley of new beers for me to taste. Though to be fair I'm dead posh like. https://ibb.co/n1dWbFK

You should get yourself some and chill out with them, I like your username but your attitude is poopy.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

You mean McGargles . MacArdles is an old school ale if I'm not mistaken

Oh I love the mass produced stuff myself!! Coors! Only from draught though. I think I will install taps and a keg after this.

Business opportunities for pubs - card payment over the phone, ring when you're outside with a code word, stand away from door as keg is placed outside.

Guy Person wrote: »
    Sure I bought meself a couple of cans of Wicklow Wolf today as it happens, part of a medley of new beers for me to taste. Though to be fair I'm dead posh like. https://ibb.co/n1dWbFK

You should get yourself some and chill out with them, I like your username but your attitude is poopy.

I've seen it recently crop up in the local off-licence, aka pretentious checkered shirt twirly moustache hipster outlet. Feel compelled to try, although Diageo will be screaming for my head on a pike as snoop the loop has forewarned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I've seen it recently crop up in the local off-licence, aka pretentious checkered shirt twirly moustache hipster outlet. Feel compelled to try, although Diageo will be screaming for my head on a pike as snoop the loop has forewarned.
    I'm saving all them cans for tomorrow and Saturday, give meself something to look forward to. Sure I'll give my verdict on them here unless I forget or can't be bothered.

And off topic Bertie but I think you're a very funny man. You have a clever way with words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

ianob7 wrote: »
    You mean McGargles . MacArdles is an old school ale if I'm not mistaken

Its MacArdles I have - an old school red ale.
    I think Guinness own it now.

25309.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Get a can and pour it properly. No difference except the admitted pleasure of sitting in a nice pub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Just ordered a hape of beer from craftcenteal.ie....savage

Advertisement