Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can't delete posts

• 14-02-2020 10:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭

Hi guys :)

Just looking for some help.

Made some posts in the past in relation to music a few years back

I went back to delete some of them but, can't seem to be able to delete them?
    Any reason why? Is there a way I could do this?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

There’s a time limit for editing and deleting posts. Not sure exactly what it is but it’s in the days/weeks region.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi bclar12,

As ReginaldSmythV says, there is a timelimit (of 48 hours) on editing or deleting posts. If the posts contain personal details, you can report them for the Mods to review or you can send the URLs of these posts to hello@boards.ie. It isn't possible to just delete posts that don't contain personal data wholesale though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Ahhh OK. Thanks so much for replying guys :)

If I deleted my account, would they still be there under my name?

The posts are nothing controversial or insulting just, I was younger, immature and feel embarassed by some of them tbh

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

If you simply close your post via the User Control Panel, yes the posts will still be displayed under your name. If you submit an erasure request by emailing datarequests@boards.ie from the email associated with your account or by sending a PM to Boards.ie: GDPR, your posts will be anonymised on a thread-by-thread basis and your account will be closed automatically (as personal data such as your email address is also deleted from the database). Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Thanks so much :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement