Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home Heating Oil Prices?

• 21-02-2019 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ordered a fill of Oil lately?......what kind of price for a 1000 litres?

Is Brexit likely to have any influence on the price of oil or tractor diesel?

Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Check here www.cheapestoil.ie for your local area - also there’s a thread in Bargain Alerts for TopOil that sometimes give a discount

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Anyone get a fill lately.....prices of diesel well down at pumps....wonder gas Kerosene come down at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Anyone get a fill lately.....prices of diesel well down at pumps....wonder gas Kerosene come down at all?

56 per lt in Tralee at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I ordered Kerosene Home Heating Oil on 1st February and it cost us €476.06 including VAT/Delivery for 700 Litres to our residence in Cork City.

Today, I checked for same product/same quantity and the lowest quote comes in at €406.07 for 700 Litres including VAT. This works out at a saving of €70. All the government taxes/carbon levies still have a negative impact on prices for the end-user.

As another poster mentioned in the thread, you can compare many home heating suppliers in your local area by visiting website: cheapestoil.ie and once you visit the site it will prompt you to select the county where the oil is to be delivered. Prices quoted on Cheapestoil.ie are said to be commission-free.

I noticed Kerosene oil prices had been dropping bit by bit since January and long before we saw drops at petrol/diesel garage forecourts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

52 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

52 delivered in rural Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

56 per lt in Tralee at moment

Atlantic normally update once s week. They've not done it this week

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

41c to 44c in the north collect it urself

_Brian wrote: »
    52 delivered

Is that before the VAT is added on?

52 delivered in rural Mayo

Same question.....is that without the VAT included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

I say without vat , vat would add another 11c/L to the price. If you want cheap oil you have to do the legwork yourself. That is to.prjce all the suppliers locally and get them to price against each other. For 1k litres you should be able to hit 59c/l or below. No rush.oil will not go up on price for at least 3-4months Nd will drop further. I must order in the next 10 days tank is nearly empty.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Fine Day

I say without cat , vat would add another 11c/L to the price. If you want cheap oil you have to do the legwork yourself. That is to.prjce all the suppliers locally and get them to price against each other. For 1k litres you should be able to hit 59c/l or below. No rush.oil will not go up on price for at least 3-4months Nd will drop further. I must order in the next 10 days tank is nearly empty.

1000 litres delivered here on Wednesday. Shopped around and got it all in for 51 cent. Got a fill of green diesel too for 55cent all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

Have a quote here for 38.5cent including vat with the beef plan purchase group

Yes with a bonus for long term customers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭con747

50c in Westmeath/Meath for 500+ litres

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Yes with a bonus for long term customers

I’m mad wrong.

It was 45.4 inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭kk.man

I’m mad wrong.

It was 45.4 inc vat

Brent crude closed at 25 dollars yesterday. There is more of drop coming.

kk.man wrote: »
    Brent crude closed at 25 dollars yesterday. There is more of drop coming.

More indications of a deep recession ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Collect it yourself at the border here in Cavan, and you'll pay 40 cent a litre for 500 litres plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,126 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

47c/L for Kerosene, about 1000L, and 200L agri at 50c/L. Mid West area. Delivery next Tuesday. Lucky enough there is about 6 that deliver around here. Dearest was 54 and 56c/L respectively. Most at 50+54c/L. Took 20 minutes ringing around

Two on cheapest price. Difference between cheapest and dearest is 82 euro and on average prices is 34 euro.

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

36c a litre in the north . Going to head in 2/3 weeks it should be down another few cent and fill the bowser

Atlantic down another 2euro to 538

To you guys in North Kerry. I got corrib to sell at 525.
    Galway was 510. I bit her hand off as their normal price was 540.

Quote today for 35 cent

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Quote today for 35 cent

Ah feck off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Cavanjack wrote: »
    Quote today for 35 cent

Was that for tractor diesel I got a quote for 52 cents on friday mayo area.

dodo mommy wrote: »
    Was that for tractor diesel I got a quote for 52 cents on friday mayo area.

No tractor diesel a little less than 49cent including vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭greenfield21

32c collected yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Aravo

46c Inc vat per litre kerosene home heating oil. e368 for 800litres.
    Now may be a good time to top up. I see that I was paying the following for previously, all Inc vat.
    2015, 58c.
    2016, 58c
    2016, 48c
    2017, 65c
    Nov. 2019, 73c

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Further

I did not order, but it seems the price has fallen

Advertisement