Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I'd fecking murder a good creamy pint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

And here comes the craft beer drinkers! Thinking everything is piss except craft beer!

Imagine getting triggered by somebody simply stating they like a particular brand of beer. That said, those posts won't like themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Just ordered a hape of beer from craftcenteal.ie....savage

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭The chan chan man

I would literally suck for a bowl of bat soup right now

Just ordered a hape of beer from craftcenteal.ie....savage

So good he ordered it twice. You couldn't be that parched unless you leapt out from behind a sand dune.

So good he ordered it twice. You couldn't be that parched unless you leapt out from behind a sand dune.

Twice is better than once.
    I'm just about out of Guinness so went for a change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Feck ya Johnny , now I've to go back out to off licence.

Dunnes had a slab of Guinness for 25 euro. Then you get the tenner off voucher if you spend 50. Run it through twice, and you got 92 cans for 80 quid.

Retrospective Top Tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Dunnes had a slab of Guinness for 25 euro. Then you get the tenner off voucher if you spend 50. Run it through twice, and you got 92 cans for 80 quid.

Retrospective Top Tip.

23 in a slab? Tipping the cashier or sampling the savings?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'd murder a fcukin' chinese right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's not just for the pint it's to get out of the house for a reason other than walking/shopping

No definite the pubs will be open on the 19/20 april either. 2 weeks ago during the first phase of closures we were expecting them to be open this weekend

Cans/bottles just dont have that pub taste but all we have atm I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

sligojoek wrote: »
    I'd murder a fcukin' chinese right now.

Loads of take away and delivery places open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Dodge wrote: »
    Loads of take away and delivery places open?

Have you noticed a sudden spike in takeaways willing to go the distance. Mostly chinese

JustEat here has loads. I don’t think I could do it though. Have avoided deli’s for the last few weeks too.

I know it’s mad because someone somewhere has touched all your food at some stage but can’t get my head around those.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

ITman88 wrote: »
    Is it going to be as simple as just reopening the pubs?

Kegs have a limited shelf life, every pub in the country will have stale Guinness, I wonder how quick can Guinness get fresh Guinness delivered to each pub across the country?

Are they still brewing Guinness? Or have they stopped and will have to restart a lengthy process when the restrictions are up? Thus causing further shortages!

We might have no pints until Christmas!

Diageo are replacing all kegs and continuing to clean lines (at least they were up to tonight's announcement). Delivery days are staggered so as long as pubs have some notice, it shouldn't be a problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

im allowed to drink a creamy pint whenever i want. its closed alrite but we havnt shut down all the lines yet. have to tomorrow tho so might have few last shnaky ones.

just remembering waking up one night at 4am with a bangin headache, goin downstairs in the pyjamas and robe, the fire was still kinda glowin and pullin meself a creamy one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

Adyx wrote: »
    Diageo are replacing all kegs and continuing to clean lines (at least they were up to tonight's announcement). Delivery days are staggered so as long as pubs have some notice, it shouldn't be a problem.
    yup, same with Heineken, who control alot of taps, they cleaning and closing lines and issuing tags for kegs

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Philipx

So...

You have dragged yourself across the sunbaked dunes, endured the searing thirst, endlessly dreaming of that perfect pint; the vision that carried you through the weeks of parched throat and craic starvation.....

As you crawl ever closer to the crest of the final hill....

Which pub will it be, where does the Holy Grail reside? :P

For me, even though I live in Louth, it will be Eamonn Coughlans in Moate.

Finest pint of Guinness you will get anywhere. Every time. Without fail.

(I'll drive there, but not home again obviously; before the PC brigade get the pitchforks out :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

Retrospective Top Tip.

First time drinking cans of Guinness tonight, by feck their tasty. Better than any Lager!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dalyboy

First time drinking cans of Guinness tonight, by feck their tasty. Better than any Lager!

Yip. Just opened a can of draft Guineas here myself. Trick is they need to be chilled for at least 3-4 hours. Then they are 90% as good as a really good pub pulled pint. €8 for a 4 pack ain’t the worst either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How much would it cost and how much effort would be involved in getting a pint of cold, pub-standard guinness in my hands? I know I could buy a keg but what about the plumbing and refrigeration? I have the time and I'm spending feck all these days and I'd love a proper pint.

dalyboy wrote: »
    Yip. Just opened a can of draft Guineas here myself. Trick is they need to be chilled for at least 3-4 hours. Then they are 90% as good as a really good pub pulled pint. €8 for a 4 pack ain’t the worst either.

Well they should be as good as any pub pints, it's the same beer....

• Advertisement

Well they should be as good as any pub pints, it's the same beer....

They never are though. Same goes for any drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Google Hanlon's Corner lads.Genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

When the pubs reopen it will be lke the fall of Rome. Might take a day off and go on a 3 day booze

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Google Hanlon's Corner lads.Genius.

Ordering pints from there is certainly safer than going there in person unless it's changed drastically in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Breaking news

Pubs to open at 1.01am Sun 29th March for 1 hour

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

Zaph wrote: »
    When this is all over and the pubs are back open there'll be feck all chance of a relaxed night out for ages. It'll be like the last days of the Roman Empire.

Woohoo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Timistry wrote: »
    When the pubs reopen it will be lke the fall of Rome. Might take a day off and go on a 3 day booze

Yes, it will like the Dark Ages.

It will be glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

What you can't have ..you don't need...what you can't have ..you don't want.

Mind game.

Its gone ..its not there. You don't need it ...you don't want it.

• Advertisement

It will return and I do want it.

Advertisement