Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where are all the tall guys in Ireland

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

Speaking of basketball, I just want to say Curly Neal of the Globetrotters passed away yesterday. And what's with the LeBron love? Chamberlain would still run circles around him.

I did reply to your post you sent me. And I was genuinely interested in hearing about him.

It's okay, I read about Fred 'Curly' Neal in the end when you didn't respond to me. I know you can't reply to everyone.

Sounds like he gave a lot to the Globetrotters back in the day. Fair play to the man.

Goodnight Shady, I'm exhausted and I'm ill so finding it difficult to sleep. And I'm spending too much time on the internet trying to distract from being ill.

Stay safe everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭DisneyLover

Have you been to a Lakers game or are you backseat supporting?

No I havent yet! Only been to the other states. I will someday hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

How the hell did this thread get to 52 pages..

The trick is to change your settings to 40 posts per page.

I’m on 61 pages. Doesn’t make it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'll tell you why.

The OP asked where are all the tall guys are? And suddenly a heavy influx of short guys came onto to thread offended by the thread. And saying it was total discrimination. :rolleyes:

Trolling made the thread reach this point.

However: if anyone does decide to set up a thread 'where are the small girls with big tits' I'll be sure to contribute.

How could I possibly be offended by whom someone finds attractive?

Anyone tired?
    You could make things easier on yerself if you didn't constantly repeat the same arguments, especially against 'short guys' on the thread.
    Sam Hain wrote: »
    Strangely enough Joey Ramone was 6 foot 6 inches tall.
    I didn't realise he was that tall. As my Da used to refer to me, he was also a long streak of misery. (It was meant in a nice way...)
    I don't think I have watching wrestling since the eighties/nineties... So all I can say is The Undertaker... Another really tall guy
    In the 90s, young lads used to throw abuse at me, calling me the undertaker. Afterwards, I found out about the wrestler, The Undertaker. And yes, I was very tall, long coat, long hair, always dressed in black. Just like now (except the hair in cut short these days).
    cena wrote: »
    This sounds like a thread i of started. But not asking about guys
    Yeah, right!
    Before anyone attacks me... The database went down so my post sent three times.
    You can edit your posts. There should be an edit button which you can use to delete your superfluous posts.
    ? Who is 'I of?' and what thread did they start?

I could not contribute to that thread whatever it is as I'm not a tall female. I'm a female in the Smurfette class.

So, I personally wouldn't troll it.
    In fairness, you're giving out to small lads for commenting here, while you are the exact opposite (not male, not tall) but you continue. I've no problem with you on the thread (especially since I'm a tall lad who like smaller females) but let other people say stuff too, even if you don't agree.

I'm not mad into metal, but the versions I'm into are usually of the industrial nature, no pussy-footing around:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

The trick is to change your settings to 40 posts per page.

I did not know that thank you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

I did reply to your post you sent me. And I was genuinely interested in hearing about him.

It's okay, I read about Fred 'Curly' Neal in the end when you didn't respond to me. I know you can't reply to everyone.

Sounds like he gave a lot to the Globetrotters back in the day. Fair play to the man.

Goodnight Shady, I'm exhausted and I'm ill so finding it difficult to sleep. And I'm spending too much time on the internet trying to distract from being ill.

Stay safe everyone

My apologises to you darling, I didn't see your post. I'm a bit techo-impaired.Yeah ole Curly had magic hands and a charm to match.Sorry to hear your feeling ill.Also this thread is a hoot to read.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

My apologises to you darling, I didn't see your post. I'm a bit techo-impaired.Yeah ole Curly had magic hands and a charm to match.Sorry to hear your feeling ill.Also this thread is a hoot to read.

Thanks Shady, I can relate to techno impaired. I only learned how to fully use emoticons today from another lovely poster on here. Who took time out of his day to help me out. So thanks UF for your help today ;)

Yes, I don't think the OP realised what a thread it would become. And I was delighted to come across it as there is a lot of serious issues going on in the World right now and all of our lives have been affected. So this thread is great fun indeed Shady :D:

Thanks for posting me back Shady and for your well wishes. Much appreciated during this time.

Just watched Ford v Ferrari today as I hadn't got round to seeing it. Have you seen it? I thought it was very good.

Ken Miles was some legend car racer and mechanic, and a Brummie Villa fan, like myself... UTV

Also, The Gentleman is another one I'd recommend if you haven't seen it.

Stay safe Shady and keep in touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Thanks Shady, I can relate to techno impaired. I only learned how to fully use emoticons today from another lovely poster on here. Who took time out of his day to help me out. So thanks UF for your help today ;)

Yes, I don't think the OP realised what a thread it would become. And I was delighted to come across it as there is a lot of serious issues going on in the World right now and all of our lives have been affected. So this thread is great fun indeed Shady :D:

Thanks for posting me back Shady and for your well wishes. Much appreciated during this time.

Just watched Ford v Ferrari today as I hadn't got round to seeing it. Have you seen it? I thought it was very good.

Ken Miles was some legend car racer and mechanic, and a Brummie Villa fan, like myself... UTV

Also, The Gentleman is another one I'd recommend if you haven't seen it.

Stay safe Shady and keep in touch.

Not much into racing, but I love the Dodge/Mopar range. My favorite car I owned was a Road Runner. I won many a drag race with her.

Hope your doing well during the lockdown. It's crazy times but I survived much worse.

Advertisement