Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

How do you find it to tow with a single axle - was a twin version offered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,914 ✭✭✭emaherx

How do you find it to tow with a single axle - was a twin version offered?

Yes twin version was an option, would have cost more but it’s still by far the nicest trailer I’ve had to pull with my tractor yet, with the sprung draw bar it is very smooth behind the tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Glad you're liking it. I hope you get many years of good service out if it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Tileman

Right ye machinery heads. I need your help. I’m more of a stockman and know fcukall about machinery.

I was using my old Howard 50inch rotavotar yesterday. I noticed the oil was leaking from the gear box but I topped it up and was doing the vegetable garden.

Anyway pro shaft came off the rotavater end. The cross hairs on the shaft is very loose but is there something else missing off This end?

Thanks for any help or suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Are u missing the locknut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,343 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

fastrac94 wrote: »
    Are u missing the locknut?

Looks like something is missing there alright

• Registered Users Posts: 18,843 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

When you say loose do you mean movement as in a bearing might be fucked

Always be careful of metal filings/splinters when messing around with something like that. Can be difficult to get back out of skin. wear gloves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Tileman

When you say loose do you mean movement as in a bearing might be fucked

Always be careful of metal filings/splinters when messing around with something like that. Can be difficult to get back out of skin. wear gloves

Yea exactly bearing is gone on the universal joint in the yoke on pro shaft.

So never noticed until now that it is not a quick release yoke. So is it a lock nut I need

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

Tileman wrote: »

So never noticed until now that it is not a quick release yoke. So is it a lock nut I need

Give us a few more pics of what ur looking at...the more the better....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,018 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Would anyone here have any experience with front mowers that are non conditioner, like the one in the link. How do they handle uneven ground. Thanks

https://farmhand.ie/krone/disc-mowers/easycut-front-mounted-disc-mowers/

https://www.donedeal.ie/mowers-for-sale/9ft-lely-splendimo-front-disc-mower/24241651

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,159 ✭✭✭tanko

Are Rocha fertiliser spreaders any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Tileman wrote: »

Looks like lock nut has fallen off alright. Not sure if that washer in your pic was staked over the sides of the nut originally or not. Pic attached of our Howard, has a castellated nut with split pin to lock it.
    Depending how long was like that, seal may be damaged now at the front and best advice I’d say is to strip out the box and have a look at the bearings, gears and the housing to make sure all looks ok. Couple of new bits and a new nut as required and should be good to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

tanko wrote: »
    Are Rocha fertiliser spreaders any good?

I have one for about 8 years, no complaints. Shur there isn't much to go wrong with them, keep it well greased and wash off the fert after use and you should have no problems. Doesn't quite take the second bag, can fit it alright but you'll be tiptoeing down the passage and looking for a nice level field to start in.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

I'm looking for a mini muck spreader on 3 point linkage. Very hard to source a second hand one. Mayo/sligo area. Anyone have any experience with them or would I be better off with one on wheels? 3 point linkage one would suit better

I have one for about 8 years, no complaints. Shur there isn't much to go wrong with them, keep it well greased and wash off the fert after use and you should have no problems. Doesn't quite take the second bag, can fit it alright but you'll be tiptoeing down the passage and looking for a nice level field to start in.

If I get get around with one bag i'm happy but i know they hold that extra bit.
    Would you say that they're worth the €700 extra over the bog standard half tonne Vicon copies?
    I'd only be spreading about 10 tonne/year here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Further

Cool car! I'm saving up money to buy a Skoda Octavia A5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

I'm looking for a mini muck spreader on 3 point linkage. Very hard to source a second hand one. Mayo/sligo area. Anyone have any experience with them or would I be better off with one on wheels? 3 point linkage one would suit better

I wonder does any one sell the self loading minispreader in ireland. Isaw them in England, great idea for a small place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvbItOYBJg4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

tanko wrote: »
    If I get get around with one bag i'm happy but i know they hold that extra bit.
    Would you say that they're worth the €700 extra over the bog standard half tonne Vicon copies?
    I'd only be spreading about 10 tonne/year here.

Vicon are a copy of Rocha?
    Vicon 802 here for 40 years and still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

Grueller wrote: »
    Vicon are a copy of Rocha?
    Vicon 802 here for 40 years and still going strong.

No....They are all a copy of Vicon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭Grueller

hopeso wrote: »

Thought that.

• Advertisement

hopeso wrote: »

Does the Rocha have the genuine Vicon gearbox (or whatever it's called)??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Finally got round to putting a new set of tyres on. Cracks in the old sidewalls were pinching the tubes:o

508528.jpg

PS they're not Michelins.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭hopeso

blue5000 wrote: »
    Finally got round to putting a new set of tyres on. Cracks in the old sidewalls were pinching the tubes:o

Well wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

508528.jpg

A fine machine - and with the new shoes you won't know yourself

I didn't realise you had 1, i thought it was a 5000 you had

Thanks P, we like classics around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭mengele

508528.jpg

Id say she's worth a fair bit. Looks clean under the dirt. Has she a turbo?

mengele wrote:
    Id say she's worth a fair bit. Looks clean under the dirt. Has she a turbo?

Yes, it came from gorta bog, a few former pilots on here have spotted her already. Little feckers nearly wore out the gear linkage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

508528.jpg

I remember when i was 4or5 the neighbour was reclaiming land. All the stone walls were being drawn out of the land. I was in my element with my head popped over the front wall watching them bomb up the road. 135s 4600s and then i heard this tractor roaring at full throttle coming up the road. A 110-90 and dump trailer. I never seen anything like it and have a gra for the looks and sound of them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭Odelay

I remember when i was 4or5 the neighbour was reclaiming land. All the stone walls were being drawn out of the land. I was in my element with my head popped over the front wall watching them bomb up the road. 135s 4600s and then i heard this tractor roaring at full throttle coming up the road. A 110-90 and dump trailer. I never seen anything like it and have a gra for the looks and sound of them since.

I too remember my first time seeing a 110-90, she was bailing. By Christ I thought there would never be a better tractor, she was some sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Linglongs?

Advertisement