Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ads encroaching on search results

• 14-02-2020 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I’ve been having an issue with ads encroaching on the first one or two posts in search results as well as the different forums the search results are posted in. X-ing out of the ad doesn’t solve it, the field remains. I totally understand why ads need to happen but they shouldn’t be obscuring posts like that. Is there a fix for this? Thanks!

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Obvious Desperate Breakfasts,

Could you share a screenshot please? Is it the same ad (or set of ads)? And would you have a click through URL by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Hi Obvious Desperate Breakfasts,

Could you share a screenshot please? Is it the same ad (or set of ads)? And would you have a click through URL by any chance?

Okay, will do

I hope these get across what I mean.

D972-DAF9-7-B18-44-C4-AA58-8-CBBA401-FB1-C.png

4630-A6-EE-00-E1-4211-A253-0-FA6945-EFA95.jpg

635-C9-CBF-1-C95-405-A-9-C76-829-C26-E8-D31-D.png

5117-ED83-F496-409-F-ACB2-5-FCDFF262717.png

Aah, sorry! I think the formatting is off on the picture post I just sent there!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Thanks for posting these. It looks as though you're using the full legacy site on your mobile device. Unfortunately, it's not built to support a screen of that width which can cause issues with ad placement and other content. We recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing. If you wish to use the full legacy site for regular browsing, it might be best to switch to the Touch site from the footer in order to search and then switching back via the footer again to resume browsing. Sorry about that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for posting these. It looks as though you're using the full legacy site on your mobile device. Unfortunately, it's not built to support a screen of that width which can cause issues with ad placement and other content. We recommend using touch.boards.ie for mobile browsing. If you wish to use the full legacy site for regular browsing, it might be best to switch to the Touch site from the footer in order to search and then switching back via the footer again to resume browsing. Sorry about that.

No, I won’t be doing that. The touch site is dreadful. It’s legacy or nothing for me!

Thanks, I’ll just have to deal with the ads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement