Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Being unfairly targeted by a Mod

Options
  • 06-02-2020 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have once again been yellow carded by Beasty for a completely innocuous post.

He yellow carded me a few weeks ago for something equally ridiculous, which I (eventually) got overturned.

Since that particular incident, it's pretty clear he has been waiting for a chance to card me again.

In his warning he all but admitted that post wasn't deserving of a card but he carded it because of my "reputation".

This, so called, 'reputation' is all in his head - he is the one desperate to get me a reputation by carding any of my posts he thinks he'll get away with

At this stage, there is a clear pattern of him using his position to unfairly target my posts with cards in an effort, I presume, to eventually site-ban me.

Like the last time I was here, I can and will post dozens of examples of on-thread posts that he decided to not card - it is very clear that he is adopting a biased, unfair and wholly discriminatory approach when modding my posts compared with others.

Can someone look into this please and if possible have a word with him?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello facehugger99,

Will you please share the PM conversation where you tried to resolve with the Mod before coming here?

Many Thanks,

L

Apologies for the delay.

I have received and reviewed the pm conversation.

You have made no attempt at all in trying to resolve this before coming here.

As per the flow chart above, please try to resolve with the Mod.
    When this has been done to a satisfactory level, I will review again.

Best,

L

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

LEIN wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay.

I have received and reviewed the pm conversation.

You have made no attempt at all in trying to resolve this before coming here.

As per the flow chart above, please try to resolve with the Mod.
    When this has been done to a satisfactory level, I will review again.

Best,

L

What do you mean I've made no attempt?

I've asked him to reverse the card and he said 'no'.

What else am I supposed to do? Beg?

He wouldn't even overturn the last card he gave me even though it was completely ridiculous - that was overturned through the DRP.

I am not dealing with a reasonable person.

Honestly, it's a bit of a joke to wait 5 days for this as a response.

What do you mean I've made no attempt?

I've asked him to reverse the card and he said 'no'.

What else am I supposed to do? Beg?

He wouldn't even overturn the last card he gave me even though it was completely ridiculous - that was overturned through the DRP.

I am not dealing with a reasonable person.

Honestly, it's a bit of a joke to wait 5 days for this as a response.

I am a volunteer with a full time job and a young family, I am so sorry that you have had to wait.................

I see absolutely no attempt at trying to reach a resolution here and until I do see one, this will not move any further, the ball is in your court, what happens next is your call.
    Yeah, I'm sure :rolleyes:

Beasty wrote:
    I would have been prepared to reconsider (and there are many examples where I have done so for posters) if you had adopted a different approach in your "appeal" to reconsider, but at this stage I can see no basis for doing son
    :rolleyes:

I'd say you've been waiting a while to hand out that yellow.

I'll be appealing this.

The process requires I go through the farce of asking you to reconsider how ridiculous the card is.

No doubt you'll give it your unbiased consideration.

Once again, I'll pull out loads of on-thread examples of worse posts that you haven't carded.

Any "reputation" I have is in your head only.
    Beasty wrote:
    Dear facehugger99,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

Beasty

Moderator Note

You are building a reputation for being uncivil towards/attacking other posters. It may have been an in-thread warning but for that history. Sanctions will rapidly escalate from hereonin

Your post:
    Zetor19 wrote: »
    Is leo the worst leader the tans ever had?
    Calhoun, did anyone have a go at tanagan about the Black and Tans ?
    Are the west brits of the country going to drag up **** that nobody cares about again
    Tans/fine fail be upset if a homeless person got attacked.
    The 2 westbrit party’s and rte ranting on about 1 incident and the country been overrun by drugs and robbery’s and murders, and the tans closing down gaurd stations and not one question to them by rte about it.
    Fine Gael are the tans , have you been under a rock .

Did you learn a couple of new words recently?

Have actually never voted for Sinn Fein before but 100% will be on Saturday.

Solid FG voter up to now no doubt.:rolleyes:

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭facehugger99

To quote yer man Beasty, he "can see no basis" for rescinding the card, as I requested.

Now, can you clearly spell out what steps I'm supposed to take in response to this???.

When the title of this thread, is that I'm being unfairly targeted by Mod, your proposed solution, quite frankly, stinks.

Let me be quite clear, I am not going back to a Mod with a clear vendetta against me. I have done so numerous times now over a couple of cards and have got absolutely NOWHERE.

"The balls in my court"?

What a cop out.

I'm glad other users can see what goes on here.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,710 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The rules of this process whether you regard them as a farce or not are that you constructively engage with the moderator in the first instance. There is nothing to appeal if you do not exhaust this avenue.

Given the PM exchange to date, no material effort has been made to resolve the issue inter partes, so there is as yet no dispute outstanding to which the Dispute Resolution machinery can be applied.

Marked resolved because this is premature.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement