Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What's the etiquette here??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭You the man

A fine 'ring o puddin there boys'.. 😒

• Lying on the couch tipping away at a few cans and watching the golf. Let a little picofart go a few minutes back - wasn’t really a fart at all. The stench from the fücker was gross though. Mr. Muggles, our elderly cat, was so appalled he gave me the daggers of death and left the room. And he’s a cat who has a bit of a flatulence problem himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It's always those silent little ones that emit the foulest miasma. The loud thunder rippers farts rarely smell so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

So the other night we all had dinner, during the night my stomach was acting up , we all had the same food for dinner and the wife and kids were fine, I had however some bottled guinness , which I usually really like and have no effects on, the first bottle did kind of taste "off" ... I wasn't sure, but not bad enough to stop drinking.

Anyway woke up in the middle of the night after having strange dreams that I was an athlete and injured - I needed attention.

Reckon it was the brains way of telling me "There is a massive sh1t in the hull, get to a dunny ASAP".

Made a beeline for the jax and deposited a load of warm thick rotten arse runnel.

Whack of stale salmon and rotten peanuts - rank , the paint started peeling from the walls.

Next morning the wife said to me she dreamt someone was gutting a badger in the jax, and the sounds were just too real ... I kept quiet - I myself thought it sounded like a bucket of mackeral being emptied on to a tiled floor - from a height, but that's just me.

Felt fine rest of the day, apart from rotten farts, thick ones that you can feel the texture of , you know ?

• Left with an arse like this fella’s gob no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,047 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

I'm letting off some nasty stinkers today, mainly due to a combination of yesterday's corned beef and cabbage dinner which was followed up by 3 cans of Kilkenny, 3 cans of Beamish and a measure of Lambay Whiskey. My poor OH got the brunt of it this morning in bed. I had to open the windows and air out the room when we got up.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

I feel your pain Sgt but be thankfull it's only farts that is giving you a cob...

On the golf course yestiddy I decided to postpone a visit to the trumpet house prior to starting ...bad mistake ..as by hole 14 I knew the discharge pipe was filling rapidly.

Attempted a tentative fart on 16th green which has a disconcerting sappy feel and I knew i had to make the clubhouse rapido.

Hightailed it to the clubhouse and entered the well appointed toilets ...and there was fat Madja cleaning away....shot to the upstairs facilities...thankfully empty and exploded a bulb of rancid scour in trap one ...covered a wide acreage and the bang would frighten a well hung camel.

Flushed ...nothin happened...knock on the door ...CLEANING ! Flushed again ...nowt....Stuck on the mask and exited washed up and greeted Madga at the door .."Lovely day" was my cheery greeting as I left the building.

Hopefully the mask will prevent recognition.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

Must have had something bogey to eat

• Advertisement

• No stranger to Shanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Slideways

FUUUUUUCCCKKKK!

I had just had a disaster. Heaved out a whopper and of course had to have a look as it tested the elasticity of me hoop.

if Cadbury’s made nuclear submarines this would be the billboard poster for it.

Then disaster struck. My fecking Bluetooth headphone fell out of my ear and PLOP landed in the bowl. There was no way in hell I was putting my hand in and removing the Richard III to get it out.

I held a glimmer of hope that the weight of it would keep it in the throat during the flush, but nope she’s gone. Will have to listen to my tunes in mono for the rest of the week

• 49c for a punnet of plums in Aldi at the moment. 2 quid should be enough investment to clean out even the most “bound up” of Current Affairs posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Grouptherapy

Have to borrow a phrase again -but what I experienced earlier was exactly like trying to sh1te suede. Fcuker just wouldn't leave. Equally annoying clean up. Not a good start to good friday.

• Some absolute degenerate abandoned a pair of shïte encrusted boxers in behind the bowl of cubicle 3 in Liffey Valley shopping centre. What a filthy bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Probably got another months supply from pennies (3 pak).

Filthy kernt...

I finished an Elden Ring gaming session last night, beating a boss called Commander O'Neill in an area called The Swamp of Aeonia which can cause a build up of a disease called Scarlet Rot. Afterwards I had to take a dump of omnipotent proportions. After I flushed, to my horror the faeculence would not disappear, and the water rose to a level just below the brim. I had unwittingly created my very own Swamp of Aeonia, complete with horrendous mini lumps of Scarlet Rot floating around. I had to wait at least ten minutes so that the scarlet rot levels reached a low enough level so that I could attack the toilet with a plunger and clear the swamp... which made terrifying gurgling noises as it disappeared down the toilet hole. It took several squeezes of Toilet Duck and another two flushes before the swamp was finally drained and I could go to bed feeling exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

No preserving bolus handy?

I sure had, a combination of Toilet Duck and Raspberry Air Freshener done the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

• Advertisement

Give them a few slaps off the wall and you’d get the day out of them?

• Couple of smart arses throwing some shade at this highly respected and valued poster. No need for it.

Was in town there last week and found the oul sheriffs badge twitching and as I had no plastic bags and no high rise crane in sight, I had to make do with the facilities in Brown Thomas on Grafton street (3rd floor I think...) -- very impressive indeed, deposited a kilo of black sludge (6 pints of Guinness the night before did it's job) on to the porcelain, large cubicles that the doors and walls reach the floor and ceiling - as all cubicles should do.

High quality toilet paper and proper soap at the sinks.

Bliis...

Well done dude, ,you’ll be a repeat customer no doubt.

• Obviously the preference is always to use your own facilities for unload and dispatch activities, but the BT shïtters are a solid choice if you find yourself urgently needing to make room for the dinner while in town.

See also: The Westbury.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Might be an idea to name the decent places in town (Dublin) where you can go about your business in peace and quiet.

Marks and Spencer on Grafton Street are a solid choice.

Top tip...if you want to use the thrones in any of the fancy hotels, put the phone to the ear and pretend to be talking to someone who is staying there. As you approach the doors make sure the doorman hears you say "I'm just coming into the lobby now, I'll meet you at reception". Make your way to the traps at your leisure.

• Excellent Top Tip. You should submit that to the Top Tips desk at Viz HQ.

Stolen from earlier on in thread :

====================================

There are few greater feelings than emptying the bowels at the expensive of a 5 star establishment.

More than once i've taken a 30 minute diversion through the city to avail of The Shelbournes quad ply arse napkins.

The trick is to be somewhat smartly dressed, a pair of sunglasses or papers in hand also add to the illusion of purpose on entering.

A slight nod to the doorman has he holds the door for you as you enter from the street, he nods back in mutual acknowledgement of what is about to unfold in the mahogany cubicles below. Make a beeline for the stairs, smile warmly at a cleaner as you pass on the stairs, as she'll be cursing you in 30 minutes time, porcelain scraper in hand.

You have to admire the guilded mirrors, the brass taps and wall fixtures, the reassuring clunk of the hardwood as you lock the cubicle door. There's a luxury alone in not even having to search for the right booth, you know they'll all be as equally clean and well appointed as the next. The doors traverse right up to the ceiling too, so complete privacy from the stench of the 5 star arses next door.

Beautiful porcelain that withstands the most potent of deposits, matched only by a toilet paper so thick you can get away with a single square per wipe. The temperature is so pleasant you could waste away 45 minutes in complete opulence.

Washing the hands is a joy in itself, perfectly tepid water and beautifully thick disposable hand towels, which always astound passengers when you reproduce a handful in the car later on.

Helps to be on the phone as you walk back through the lobby, you're a busy man, can't be stopping to talk to inquisitive doormen or staff.

Business as usual, what a glorious experience.

==============================================================

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/109990318/#Comment_109990318

• Registered Users Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Well researched, A.

This thread, truly, is a fount of knowledge. A veritable repository of pedagogical tidbits and sage counsel.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

Dunnes on Henry Street has a very decent jacks if I can recall correctly, near the mens clothing section.

Advertisement