Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    You know you won't regret the ribs and chips. Looking forward to seeing your version S.:)

I have the Board out.:eek: I'm sliding towards some chicken with attitude spicy tenders, more of that Aldi spicy slaw and chips. But a beer calls. Wasn't gonna bother, but feck it.

Get it into you.
    The ribs are just ones you feck in the oven and frozen chips. Pure lazy sod here. Got no slaw though

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Spaghetti bolognese with sweet potato fries this evening :)

What are 'attitude' spicy tenders? Do they give you grief :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

What are 'attitude' spicy tenders? Do they give you grief :pac: :p

A brand available in local shops. The reps worked very hard last year during lockdown to launch it. Spicy, popcorn and plain. Great stuff S.

Chicken with Attitude is the brand, All Frozen,

A brand available in local shops. The reps worked very hard last year during lockdown to launch it. Spicy, popcorn and plain. Great stuff S.

Chicken with Attitude is the brand, All Frozen,

Oh that's good. I thought it was a typo and I was kidding with you. Fair play to them. It's great to support local too.

• Advertisement

Earlier.:D

IMG-20210502-145032.jpg

Ordering in this evening. I've a nice piece of beef for tomorrow with the usual trimmings.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,713 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Had a bottle of Pat Frog, not a patch on the old ice lollies

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Had a bottle of Pat Frog, not a patch on the old ice lollies

Neither is a patch on the fat frog mixer of vodka, bacardi breezer and blue wdk. In my younger days I drank jugs of it on sun holidays. Not sure it would have the same appeal on a Courtown Staycation.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Roasted leg of venison and some real butter on the spuds.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ham and pineapple pizza :)

• Advertisement

For breakfast. Rashers, potato waffles, beans and a buttered batch loaf heel. OJ to wash it down.

IMG-20210503-111519.jpg

Dinner a short while ago was roast beef, mash, roast baby spuds, turnip, peas and gravy. Pint of bainne.

IMG-20210503-164601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭sporina

For breakfast. Rashers, potato waffles, beans and a buttered batch loaf heel. OJ to wash it down.

my fav part of this.. this makes me home sick - can get fab locally made batch bread back home.. not where I live now.. we use to fight over the heels lol.. love em toasted with real butter.... yum yum yum.. gee i'd kill for that now..

Duck legs in garlic and spices, baked potato with organic cheese, a bit of garlic bread, a garlic and herb dip and a few token leaves for a bit of colour on the plate.

Yum yummy in my big fat tummy.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

And this is dessert before it got topped with blueberry yogurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Duck legs in garlic and spices, baked potato with organic cheese, a bit of garlic bread, a garlic and herb dip and a few token leaves for a bit of colour on the plate.

Yum yummy in my big fat tummy.

That looks delicious and I've never had duck before. I'm a big baby and have been too scared to try it!
    I had simple spaghetti bolognese and tons of chocolate. Cadburys have really gone downhill. My auntie gave me a box of milktray and they're barely edible. They taste like sugary plastic or chocolate you'd get inside a pound shop no name easter egg. Gross. I still ate the whole top layer mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Lovely shepards pie lunch today with the remainder of it for a light supper this evening.

Porklife wrote: »
    That looks delicious and I've never had duck before. I'm a big baby and have been too scared to try it!
    I had simple spaghetti bolognese and tons of chocolate. Cadburys have really gone downhill. My auntie gave me a box of milktray and they're barely edible. They taste like sugary plastic or chocolate you'd get inside a pound shop no name easter egg. Gross. I still ate the whole top layer mind :p

Cadbury's has gone to pot but would be interesting to know what the use by date is of the milktray?

sporina wrote: »
    Cadbury's has gone to pot but would be interesting to know what the use by date is of the milktray?

I just checked and it says June 2021. I've never thought of checking best before dates on chocolate before. I could have chocolate in the fridge for months and wouldn't think twice about eating it.

I just checked and it says June 2021. I've never thought of checking best before dates on chocolate before. I could have chocolate in the fridge for months and wouldn't think twice about eating it.

awe that prob explains why they taste soo bad as they only have a month left..

The shelf life of choc is long enough - but they are at the end of theirs ..

chocolate in the fridge for months? wish I had your will power lol..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭trashcan

:p

Go for it. Duck is very tasty.

• Advertisement

trashcan wrote: »
    Go for it. Duck is very tasty.

So i believe, i just immediately picture a duck and i can't eat it. It's completely illogical cos its not like im a huge duck fan out feeding them bread every weekend, it just freaks me out for some reason!

Coffee is high on my agenda today after feck all sleep last night

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭65535

Not illogical at all - in fact it shows you are an empathic person. You should get in touch with your hidden vegetarian persona.

Tonight's dinner is a classic bangers and mash with gravy made from scratch. So comforting and delicious!

Tia Marie on ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Angus 8oz burger, fresh buns, lettuce and mustard served with a side of spinach..

Enjoyed it so much i cooked up a second round of the same, and it was tastier again...

Tomato hot cup. I'm in a bad way today.

Tomato hot cup. I'm in a bad way today.

What's up with ya S?? I'm getting the board out shortly. Made a burger earlier. Movie and food soon and don't want grief so I'll be avoiding boards.ie for the night.:eek:

What's up with ya S?? I'm getting the board out shortly. Made a burger earlier. Movie and food soon and don't want grief so I'll be avoiding boards.ie for the night.:eek:

Headache and head wrecked. Probably related.
    Who's giving you grief? Never mind them.
    I'll eat something in a minute though.
    Actually I have wedges with a dip. I'll throw them on now

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Mug of Lyons tea and the match.. Maybe a square of orange/almond dark choc

• Advertisement

Headache and head wrecked. Probably related.
    Who's giving you grief? Never mind them.
    I'll eat something in a minute though.
    Actually I have wedges with a dip. I'll throw them on now

Some parts of Boards annoying me since last night. Joyless. Funless and agenda ridden, Gonna fry this burger, slap it on a bun with cheese, some chips and spicy slaw with a movie and then bed! My Dad is back from a hip replacement op so I'm dropping up dinners and today's was a success. Predictable as he likes my cooking and not my Mams.:rolleyes:

Advertisement