Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Great American Harvest

• 28-01-2008 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

My name is Lorcan I'm from Dublin, I went on harvest in the states for the 2007 season. I'm just putting up some info for people who would like to go on one of the last great agriculture adventures. I worked for Allen Harvesting who were based in North Dakota but harvested crops from the Texas/Oklahoma Border all the way to the Canadian border. Allen Harvesting run:
    7-8 NH CR960 combines
    2 NH TJ and TG tractors for carting grain.
    Up to 10 Kenworth trucks for hauling grain and combines
    1 CAT tractor also for carting grain.
    2 dedicated service trucks.

Some agriculture experience is needed for the job as well as the ability to occasionally work long hours(it is harvest after all!) If you think you like to go on the Great American Harvest and have a once in a lifetime experience drop me an E-mail at lorcanf@hotmail.com for more info.

This is not a money making racket, I am not doing this for profit, I'm helping out my Boss in the states who has been very good to me over the 2007 season. If you know of anyone that would like to go, please spread the word and e-mail whenever you like.

Lorcan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

Wow thats weird, I was just looking into this today. I'd love to go and do that. How many months were you over there for? I'd have alot of experience with farm machinary, mainly silage contracting however, so long hours would be no problem. What kind of an interview is there for it?

Advertisement