Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recognition of Prior Learning

Options
  • 27-02-2021 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I’m interested in doing a 2 year masters degree, but 2 of the core modules are the exact same modules I completed during my undergrad as electives, the module code has changed slightly but the course content is exactly the same (or so it seems from reading the module info online).

I was wondering what was does recognition of prior learning (RPL) work? Will your previous grade from the module in question be used to calculate final GPA, or will your final result be calculated from your remaking modules? So if the masters has 12 core modules and I get approved for RPL for the 2 modules I already completed, will my GPA be calculated from the remaining 10?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

I'm assuming the modules in the undergrad were level 7/8 and the modules in the Masters are level 9? If so, I'd be surprised if you could get an exemption based on that.

If you were to get a module exemption, it's generally recorded as such, without a grade. The final GPA should be calculated in relation to the remaining modules taken. The university/college should have all this info available.

Advertisement