Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will I keep this updated?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

Wednesday

mains set:
    Swim 38*100m off 1.40, swam like a sack of sh*te, this eating less has me feeling weak, sat out 2 100s and thus missed the 40*100m i thought i was doing, total swim time about 1 hour 15 mins or so

Run 45 minutes easy

Turbo - 1 hour easy

Thursday

Interval runs, feeling much better today after eating a bit more than i was.

set w/up followed by

1*3k @ 3.55 mins per km
    2*2k faster than above
    3*1k aiming for 3.40 per km

felt very good and light on my feet. total time about 1 hour 15 mins or so

Friday
    45 min run on lunch

swim - 1 hour 15 mins. main set 20*100m

Saturday
    2 hour easy spin on bike

Sunday
    Club duathlon, biked ok 1 min faster than a few weeks ago in similar weather, ran like **** so whats new?

Monday

1 hour 10 mins easy on turbo

40 minute easy run

Tuesday
    1 hour 5 min on turbo

30 minute swim

45 minute tempo run

Wed
    1 hour 30 mins swim. mainset

4*400m, every 2nd 400 pull bouy & paddles
    4*300m, 1 paddle 1 fin on alternating
    4*200m cant remember what we did for this
    4*100m ditto
    4*50m sprint

1 hour turbo - intervals

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/455703890

Thursday
    1 hour of interval running with club

Friday
    1 hour easy spin on bike

1 hour 15 mins swim with club, session mainly consisted of 6*200m, 6*100m, 6*50 all at a hard pace

Saturday
    3 hour easy spin on bike followed later in day by 1 hour easy run covering about 12km on a canal path

Sunday - 9th March
    Same 12k run on canal path at slighly higher tempo followed by some run exercises - about 1 hour in total

40 minutes swim - going easy - covering about 1500m with with plenty of rest as i have a decent amount of accumulated fatigue and i am not hitting the times in SBR that i should be. So Sunday was an easy day

Monday
    1 hour 30 mins swim with PB3. a little over 4k in total, plenty of sprints but the benefits of an easy day yesterday meant that this was in fact an easy enough session as i usually suffer during them

Monday PM
    1 hour turbo

Tuesday
    Run - about 1 hour, 25 mins or so hard

Wednesday
    Nothing

Thursday
    4 hours 15 bike, 20 mins swim 30 mins run

Friday
    3 hour bike, 30 min run 20 mins swim

Saturday
    3 hour 30 mins cycle, 1 hour run

Sunday
    1 hour run

Monday
    1 hour 15 swim, 1 hour run

Tuesday
    1 hour 15 mins swim -45 mins run

Wednesday 19 March
    Nothing

• Advertisement

Thursday
    Club run session, about 1 hour in total, main set

4*1k ranging from 3.33 mins per k to 3.44 mins per k depending on the wind and direction of the run
    4*1k with 200m fast 200m steady average for the km was 3.49 mins per k i think

Friday
    1 hour turbo easy and 1 hour bike with a few hill repeats
    1 hour 15 mins swim, main set
    10*50m coming in on 40 secs or so leaving on 1 min 20sec so plenty of rest
    10*50m with fins, coming in on 33-35 secs or so leaving on 1 min 30 secs so again plenty of rest
    16*25m fast, coming in on 18 secs or so

Saturday
    2 hour bike with wife- easy as have club duathlon tomorrow, Dun Laoghaire to Howth and up the hill and back was the plan but got puncture on top of Howth hill, side wall of tire ripped so not really repairable so pumped tire to low pressure and got DART to Sydney parade and cycled easy from there, finished off my target on turbo

sunday

Club hill climb TT and run

bike part went ok but bike got stuck in small chain ring which was a bit annoying. went at it at a moderate/hard effort, course was Enniskerry to the Sally Gap where the road up to the mast is, about 14k. power is not great but would be better if i had the big ring to go at in some spots, overall not where i should be but its ok for now

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/466497558

followed by a 6k run, back seized up on me for some reason which meant stopping and some stretching, made running very difficult, it eased up after a bit. started snowing on the run and it was freezing up there

went out after for a cycle with some club mates

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/466498170

Monday
    off

Tuesday
    90 mins slow run
    40 minute swim

Wednesday
    2 hour turbo

Thursday

Club run session, about 1 hour 30 mins in total, main set involved 35 minutes at half marathon pace and then 3*1km, w/up, c/down and run drills made up the balance of the time

Friday
    Swim club session. VO2MAX session main set involved 10*100m sprint, 10*50m sprint, 15*25m sprint. total pool tiem between this and the other drills etc about 1 hour 15 mins

Saturday
    4 hours on bike, 2 hours 40 mins in the morning then 1 hour 20 on turbo in the evening
    50 minute run after, surprised at how good legs felt on run, not sluggish at all

Sunday
    4 hour bike. legs were pretty f*cked when i got home. Dun Laoghaire - Enniskerry - Sally Gap - Enniskerry and home

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/470521957

Total weeks training something around 16 hours i think.

10 hours on the bike which is a good week of cycling done. Swim volume down due to missing main Wed swim set which pisses me off a bit

• Advertisement

Monday

3.4k swim - little over an hour, 200m*17 alternating:

200m *normal swim
    200m * pull bouy
    200m * pull bouy & paddles
    200m * paddles
    200 * paddles

easy enough swimming no intensity really

Tuesday
    Hill repeats about 1 hour 10 mins or so

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/471734543

hill repeats on killiney hill, as a test i now and again go all out to the top and then compare to the last time i did it on strava. this time i was up in 3 mins 50secs averaging 419 watts. since i started this about 18 months ago i am over 30 seconds quicker going up that hill. pleased enough with this progress and would have been a bit quicker only a truck delayed me at the bottom and a car in the middle but not too much to make me have another go

came home and went for 50 minute easy enough run

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/472320659 - looking at my HR i think i was not going easy enough

wednesday
    PB3 swim session clontarf. cant remember too much about this but the main set involved 9*400m with varying tools and normal swims. about 1 hour 30 mins

turbo - 1 hour. legs felt poor and sluggish. was supposed to be a max effort interval session but i just did 10 1 min efforts followed by 3*8 mins holding approx 300-310 watts which was a moderate effort or so it felt. idea is to hope legs recover some for tomorrow

300-310 watts equates to a HR of 154-158 or so which to me seems to make this sustainable for long periods

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/472320700

Thursday
    Surprise surprise my running is actually improving and I ran ok even after feeling sluggish at the beginning. Session was

2*11 mins at HM pace
    2*6 mins at 10k pace
    2*3 mins all out

ran well the whole session with 2 guys who usually drop me after a while and was still fresh at the end so for some magical reason i have just taken a step forward on my running

Friday
    So far - 2 hour easy spin on bike - out to enniskerry and back with the wife

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Good stuff on the run progress :cool:

Friday

after morning cycle - swim 1 hour 15 mins or so coached club session in Rathmines pool, cant recall the exact details of what was involved but there were a number of 400m, 200m, 100m, 50m, the 400m efforts solid coming in at 6.29 and everything else was at a fast effort

Saturday
    Easy day - 3 hours 15 mins with wife, out to Enniskerry up by Powerscourt towards Glencree on up Military road heading for Johnny foxes and then leopardstown and back to dun laoghaire. very easy effort as wife was tired and not a happy camper so put no real effort into it

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/474597914

Sunday
    2 hour turbo. easy warm up and then moderate to easy longer efforts ranging from about 240 watts - 310 watts nothing unsustainable

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/474598031

1 hour of hill repeats when got bored on turbo

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/474598153

going for an hours run later so that will be the end of training for the week

3rd 10 hour cycling week in a row and starting to feel strong again after losing more weight and feeling weak for a few weeks

Monday
    An easier week this week I think

1 hour swim - working on technique

Tuesday
    1 hour 40 min slow run

Wednesday
    90 minutes swim - cant remember the set now but mostly longer stuff X 400m

1 hour bike - working on intervals outside, bit of waste of time as its hard to get a place in the city where you can go hard without a car pulling out or red light

Thursday
    1 hour 15 mins of running. W/up then a few hill repeats on Fosters avenue then c/down

Friday
    1 hour 15 mins of bike hill repeats on Killiney hill

1 hr 45 mins of swimming, cant remember the set accurately as it was a killer and was pretty out of it during some parts of it, ranged from a few 400m hard, a few 100m hard with little rest and a few 50ms hard

Saturday
    was sponsoring a local duathlon so working and no training at all....

Sunday
    Club duathlon final one, 40k TT Roundwood to Calgary Hill and back * 2 followed by 5k run. not sure on total time but i would say between w/up and race was about 1hour 30 mins or so

Monday
    30 minute easy swim.
    1 hour 10 minute easy run

Tuesday
    1 hour 30 min easy run
    1 hour easy on turbo

Wednesday
    1 hour 25 minute swim
    1 hour 15 mins on bike hill repeats - moderate efforts
    25 minute run off the bike to see how legs feel

Thursday
    Run hill repeats with warm-up/cool-down about 1 hour 15 mins or so. 7* about 325m being the hill length at a hard effort. cover the repeat about 15 seconds quicker than last year showing increase in run speed/loss in weight. felt unwell on cool down and walked a bit of it - unusual sensation like being completely drained

Friday
    1 hour 35 mins easy spin on bike
    easy 30 min run
    40 min swim.
    still feeling weak from Thursday for some reason

Saturday
    tried for a hard effort on bike but abandoned after an hour, still not feeling good and legs were sore so went for easy spin with wife. 4 hours covering about 120k on flat terrain

sunday
    30 min run or so with wife, decided no point in pushing when not feeling great. was away in the Cliff House in Ardmore with wife so did two laps of the cliff run - love that run

Monday
    Nothing today - want to make sure recovery is full before i start back again

Monday

Tuesday

Turbo - interval sessions - no fcuking power still so not the greatest session, getting frustrated

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/484982193

50 min easy run

Wed
    1 hour 30 mins swim. Main set

6*(200m fast, 200m with 75m fast 25m easy, 200m with 50m fast 50m easy) every second 600m with pull bouy and paddles

also some kicking drills and swimming with bands

1 hour 10 min cycle -easy with some hills

• Advertisement

Thursday
    Run - about 1 hour 15 mins in total I think. Hill repeats at 95% effort 6*700m-725m covering this in 3 mins with warm up and cool down

Friday
    so far 1 hour easy on turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Are you back to 100% again - the weak spell gone?

yup i think i am pretty much normal again thanks for asking, i think it was a problem related to being hungry a lot and doing more running than i usually would, i would be starving every morning when i wake up and then never seemed to catch up during the day but still i was training away, didnt do me any favours. a day easy and a day off and eating a bit more did me the world of good

just back from 1 hour 30 mins of hill repeats and felt ok, slightly fatigued after yesterdays run but not weak like i was!

Friday PM
    Club swim session about 1 hour 10 mins in total. Main set was

4*50m build
    600m paddles and pull bouy at a moderate-hard effort i.e. sub 1min 30s per 100m
    2*400m at 400mTT pace + 20 seconds
    3*300m paddles and pull bouy, again moderate to hard effort coming in on 4.30-4.40 for each rep
    10*50m sprint

Saturday
    2.5 hours on turbo - warm up to get legs going then some time at 240-250 watts nice and easy then c/down nothing major

30 min run

Sunday
    2.5 hours spin on bike then straight away off bike 1.5 km at sprint run effort then easy for 6km then about 1km at print run effort - about 30-40 mins of running not sure

Monday to Monday 6th May

Woke up last Monday with case of what i think is food poisoning, feeling unwell all week with stomach cramps and headaches so little training of any intensity done, it was all easy pace really aside from swimming. also had to abandon doing first planned triathlon of the year on saturday gone. so this is what i did for the week:

Monday - 30 minute swim - 1 hour on turbo
    tuesday - 30 minute run
    Wed - 1 hour 15 mins swim, 1 hour turbo, 40 minute run
    Thursday - nothing
    Friday - 1 hour turbo - 1 hour 30 min swim
    Saturday - Orwell randonnee sportif with wife - 6 hours 15mins
    Sunday - 45 min swim, 30 min run
    Monday (6th May) - 2 hour 15 min bike 30 minute run

Today - am improved healthwise with no headaches and stomach cramps much less often, still i think not 100% yet. not a good time to be getting ill

Tuesday
    1 hour run - easy, a granny ran by me, energy levels very low.

Wednesday
    swim 1 hour 30 mins or so, again energy levels low and not feeling good so only did portions of session. went to doctor, some form of food poisoning/gastric issue, blood tests done. Went to duathlon in the phoenix park with wife and cycled around the course looking at her run and ride it. she won the ladies race comfortably enough - always think that if she took it more seriously she could dominate the ladies triathlons rather than winning a few here and there

Thursday
    club run - hill repeats, i just jogged this really at back of the group as doctor said take it easy for a few days

Friday
    club swim about 1 hour 15 mins or so. again going easy enough. session was 1.9k pool TT - 31 mins. not a real TT just a moderate enough effort but used the pull bouy so not a real TT as such

Saturday
    recovery is getting there, still some stomach probs and energy not great, 3 hours on turbo, some harder efforts +300 watts but stomach and legs say no to anything more

Sunday
    1 hour turbo, 1 hour run, 1 hour turbo then 45 mins on bike outside

feeling decent enough

Monday

35 min swim
    30 mins turbo
    30 mins run straight after with 2*1k at sprint distance pace.

blood test results back, nothing wrong with me at all according to the tests and no stomach cramps today at all when exercising. hopefully things are all systems go now

Tuesday
    90 mins on turbo

30 min run with some race pace efforts

Wednesday
    90 minute swim. Main set 10*400m paddles and pull bouy. in between 6 mins - 6.15mins, 10 seconds rest

50 minute run fartlek style

30 minutes on turbo - easy

Thursday
    not great days training done, drive to cork and back for work. Run 1bout 1 hour 15mins or so. w/up, stretch, then hill repeats,

3 * 3mins up hill, first one 90%, next two all out. run easy back down hill to start each one is the rest
    3 * 2 mins 30 secs all out up hill and back down again easy

cool down

Friday
    open water swim 30 mins
    1 hour 30 mins easy spin on bike

Saturday
    4 hour spin on bike around wicklow
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/502214423

15 min o/w swim

50 min run - easy - 5min per k pace

Sunday
    1 hour 10 mins on bike - easy/moderate effort - pacing wife around Athy OD bike course

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/502214601

6k run off bike

20 min o/w swim in the Barrow - its cold.....

• Advertisement

Monday
    Swim session 1.5 hours. main set 4*(200m*4) going hard as possible, not swimming the best and got dropped from the draft from time to time. I think the 200m was in on about 3 mins or so

6k run with wife, last km at a decent clip

Tuesday
    30 min o/w swim with a few sprints and practising swimming in a straight line. Was with the PB3 group swim and it was interesting to see how much extra some people swim by not holding a good line
    30 min run after the swim with a few drills

Advertisement