Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Are increments being frozen?

Options
  • 28-02-2021 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭

Saw this post on vft, bottom one.

Any truth to it?

545269.jpg

IMG_20210227_230739.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

Is this an admin issue? I had an increment added late due to an issues in the office, they backdated the extra pay after a few months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

Don't think so - I got my increment when it was due. I wouldn't take any information on vft as anywhere correct. There are lots of misinformed people on it.

Wouldn't think so. I got my increment in December when it was due. I would take posts on vft with a pinch of salt - a lot of misinformed people on it.

Treppen wrote: »
    Saw this post on vft, bottom one.

Any truth to it?

545269.jpg

IMG_20210227_230739.jpg

Wouldn't think so. I got my increment in December when it was due. I would take posts on vft with a pinch of salt - a lot of misinformed people on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

It seems as if they were talking about in the future!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

While anything is possible in future budgets to pay for this pandemic, there are currently no plans to freeze increments - the new public service agreement is the only plan available right now. I think that poster may be referring to the delay subs will experience if they aren't being paid during lockdown, then they won't be moving towards their next increment. In particular this is an issue for primary school teachers looking for panel rights - people who fully expected to gain panel rights based on income in a certain period and increment point by a certain date, now find themselves not able to fulfil those criteria due to school closures.

It seems as if they were talking about in the future!

That could well happen following the vote a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I took it from the post that as subs their increment would be delayed because they would not have worked a full year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Don't think so - I got my increment when it was due. I wouldn't take any information on vft as anywhere correct. There are lots of misinformed people on it.

Was just about to post the same. If you want misinformation about the education sector go to VFT, all the people who haven't a clue what they are talking about are on it.

If there was an increment freeze, it would have been in the news, the unions would have been all over it. And we certainly wouldn't be balloted on a 1% pay rise and having an increment freeze at the same time. :rolleyes:

Was just about to post the same. If you want misinformation about the education sector go to VFT, all the people who haven't a clue what they are talking about are on it.

If there was an increment freeze, it would have been in the news, the unions would have been all over it. And we certainly wouldn't be balloted on a 1% pay rise and having an increment freeze at the same time. :rolleyes:

Ah ya I thought as much myself but just wondering where it was coming from.

• Advertisement

I took it from the post that as subs their increment would be delayed because they would not have worked a full year.

I think that's probably what they were getting at.

There were talks today of running extended classes in primary DEIS schools during the summer, hopefully subs will get a look in.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

I think that's probably what they were getting at.

There were talks today of running extended classes in primary DEIS schools during the summer, hopefully subs will get a look in.

That would be under the infamous “ July Provision “ banner . There is always a shortage of teachers to take it on, so I’m sure this year will be the same .

Advertisement