Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teak side gate

• 08-02-2021 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys.

Anyone know where I could get a teak side gate supplied and fitted? Frame is still intact but the gate broke down a line and I'd say it is unrepairable at this stage.

Dublin 6w area.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

PM sent

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mjcaffrey

Hi, sorry to jump in but would appreciate information regarding Supply and fit of Teak Gates.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

What neck of the woods are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

I need a side gate fitted to a new build in Castleknock as well - any advice on finding a supplier and someone to fit would be much appreciated. There are already side gates to the front, but we want to close off one side with a back gate so we can have a secure run for our dogs.

Any joinery should be able to make you up a side gate, and fit it for you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

any gotchas in assembling a gate from T&G and fitting it together with the 'double Z' (for want of a better way of putting it) bracing on the back? i need a new one myself too and was thinking it can't really be rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Be sure to have the lower section of the diagonal braces fixed next the side of the door that is being hinged. There used to be 7 by 1 1/4 T&G floor boards which were good for door making, not sure are they still for sale though.

Framed ledged and braced door is the simplest of all items to make

Advertisement