Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electric fan assisted oven not heating

• 25-01-2021 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for any help to decide if I need a professional in or not.

Last night I turned the oven on to preheat it and nipped out to the shops to get dinner. When I came home the oven was off. I asked the better half why she turned it off, she said she didn't. Went to the fuse box and of course the oven had tripped.
    Turned the switch back on and turned the oven on thinking nothing much of it. It has never tripped before and the cooker is less than a year old.
    I put my food in the oven and came back to find it had not cooked at all. There was heat in the oven but only a small amount. I could still touch the racks (just about).

I know nothing about appliances at all. Obviously though it's a vital part of every day life here so I am under pressure to get it fixed. Could anyone advise as to what might be the issue?

I have googled it, and it looks like it might be the thermostat. It is not touching the side of the oven at all that I can see but it may be touching inside of the unit itself.

Would the thermostat have been the reason for tripping? Am I just better off getting someone in and pay them or is this an easy and more importantly safe thing to fix?

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭phormium

Less than a year old and I'd be calling the retailer, should still be under guarantee and I wouldn't be touching it myself if it's covered just in case it's something more serious and a diy attempted repair invalidated guarantee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

phormium wrote: »
    Less than a year old and I'd be calling the retailer, should still be under guarantee and I wouldn't be touching it myself if it's covered just in case it's something more serious and a diy attempted repair invalidated guarantee.

That's a fair point! I'll have to find the e receipt and see what they say. Cheers didn't even consider that.

Advertisement