Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

No mow/low maintenance grass/groundcover advice

Options
  • 28-02-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I have areas in the garden, either side of a path, that I would love to completely cover so I don't have to weed or mow. OK for growth to be 50-75cm.
    Will intersperse with trees, bushes, other plants.
    Can anyone recommend grasses or ground cover that would work.
    Irish coastal area but well sheltered.
    Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭cute geoge

astro turf??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Baybay

We replaced our smallish back lawn with clover last year. We don’t have small children so I’m not sure how well it would take football for example but it’s only needed cutting once, in the autumn & takes walking quite well, to fill bird feeders, wash shed, cut back photinias etc. As we have quite a large patio area, we don’t need to use garden furniture, bbq etc on it.
    We had quite a bit of weeding by hand to do but I’m told that the clover will mean that we have much less to do as time goes on. Unfortunately the top soil we got introduced a lot of weeds.
    The bees love it!

Advertisement