Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you could solve 3 cases..

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

I've seen it mentioned here a few times, the disappearance of Philip Kerins. Heard the full story on the Men's Rea podcast the other day, the theories that some religious cult or paedophile gang are responsible, so frightening.

A "few" People out there definitely know something.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Deirdre Jacob
    Philip Kerins
    Fr. Niall Molloy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Has anyone mentioned the St. Phelim? I didn't read the whole thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭LilacNails

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Has anyone mentioned the St. Phelim? I didn't read the whole thread.

Don't think so.... Share ??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,674 ✭✭✭CoBo55

LilacNails wrote: »
    Don't think so.... Share ??

This for starters https://www.thejournal.ie/tuskar-rock-crash-3919780-Mar2018/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Raonaid Murray, Trevor Dealy and Philip Cairns.

There are many more I’d love to see solved of course but these are the first ones that spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

West Memphis three, the Delphi double murder and Jon Benet Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭daretodream

Fiona Sinnott, Madeline Mccann, Jon Benet Ramsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Ush1 wrote: »
    West Memphis three, the Delphi double murder and Jon Benet Ramsey.
    WM3 - the step father Terry looks guilty as sin
    Delphi .....looks like they'll need a GED match and a LOT of luck to solve that one. Smart girls to record him. Tragic.
    JBR - the documentary that points the finger at the brother makes a pretty damning case imho. I'd be shocked if the family don't know more. I think the touch DNA in the underwear is a haired herring, it could come from the manufacturing process.

Diemos wrote: »
    WM3 - the step father Terry looks guilty as sin
    Delphi .....looks like they'll need a GED match and a LOT of luck to solve that one. Smart girls to record him. Tragic.
    JBR - the documentary that points the finger at the brother makes a pretty damning case imho. I'd be shocked if the family don't know more. I think the touch DNA in the underwear is a haired herring, it could come from the manufacturing process.

I think people are making big assumptions with Hobbs because of perceived suspicious behaviour but the reality is the case will likely never be solved. The alford plea means that 3 people have admitted guilt so it is considered solved by police.

Delphi one is crazy as I thought it would be solved quickly with the video footage but it has gone cold at this stage. Only hope would be that police release more info but not looking likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

Ush1 wrote: »
    I think people are making big assumptions with Hobbs because of perceived suspicious behaviour but the reality is the case will likely never be solved. The alford plea means that 3 people have admitted guilt so it is considered solved by police.

The case against the 3 'guilty' pleas was all circumstantial and hear say. 1 of them had a rock solid alibi.... he also had an IQ in the 70's and police willing to lean on him. Even the parents of some of the victims came out and fought for their release.

Hobb's hair was found in 1 of the knots in the shoelaces used to tie up the boys (not his step son). His step son was beaten by him regularly, his sister can't remember that part of her childhood, she blocked it out she was so traumatized.
    The bodies where found just a few hundred feet from his trailer. His friend and alibi, David Jacoby's hair was also found at the scene and witnesses said that the pair had a relationship.
    Is it beyond doubt? No, but the evidence is WAY more compelling than that of the 3 found guilty, in my opinion.

Diemos wrote: »
    The case against the 3 'guilty' pleas was all circumstantial and hear say. 1 of them had a rock solid alibi.... he also had an IQ in the 70's and police willing to lean on him. Even the parents of some of the victims came out and fought for their release.

Hobb's hair was found in 1 of the knots in the shoelaces used to tie up the boys (not his step son). His step son was beaten by him regularly, his sister can't remember that part of her childhood, she blocked it out she was so traumatized.
    The bodies where found just a few hundred feet from his trailer. His friend and alibi, David Jacoby's hair was also found at the scene and witnesses said that the pair had a relationship.
    Is it beyond doubt? No, but the evidence is WAY more compelling than that of the 3 found guilty, in my opinion.

Saying Hobbs hair was found in one of the knots is not accurate. The type of DNA testing done can't be that conclusive.

If Jacoby was involved it's very surprising that he hasn't confessed as he has publicly turned on Hobbs. Doesn't make sense.

In terms of beating and child abuse, have you read about the parents of all three boys? They were all beaten quite often. I think there isn't a strong case against anyone but their certainly was with MisKelleys confession. The Alford plea essentially closes the case as far as the state of Arkansas is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Gabrielle88

Diatlow Pass, kids from Kurim (from Czech Republic - I feel it's the only tip of the iceberg in this case) and Libby & Abby murder. And, of course, as fourth case, Madeleine McCann - I was watching Netflix doc and I have very mixed feeling about potencial parent's involvement.
    And one more case - Kris Kremers and Lisanne Froon - everytime I see pictures from the place where they dissapeared I feel concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

Figs into Fig Rolls
    Shergar
    The meaning of Life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Orrin and Orson west,
    Abbey and Libby. guy on bridge, down the hill, guys
    Madeleine McCann.
    Vollow Daybell case,
    The lady in Cork Who went to Sunday market with hubby and has not been seen since

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Mrself

Trevor Deely

Andrew Gosden

Asha Degree

Agree. Hate those stupid reconstruction s or ego journalist or cops who know everything and think it's about them. Art was very good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

1. Inga Maria Hauser
    2. Trevor Deely
    3. Lisa Dorrian

Although all would make a list of crimes never to be solved. Only Trevor Deely's is a genuine mystery though - police think they know the story in the other two, but lack of proof.

Was tempted to put Noah Donahue into the list in place of Lisa for that reason. Although it has become muddied by Facebook mum's so I'm not 100% sure what is the story with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 DameEdnaEveridge

God, yes! With Bertie in the mix!

Advertisement