Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Comics

• 07-09-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

So first of all I don't know if this is in the correct section. Me and my husband purchased a unit and when sorting the unit we came across thousands of comics.

We know very little about them and noticed some where in sealed packets. They may be worth nothing or could be our ticket to retirement hahaha.

Anyway can anyone direct where we can get them appraised. When we spoke to guys in the UK they wanted to fly to Ireland to get them but made me think we held more valuable comics then they were offering.

**Question: Where in Ireland can I appraise them and possibly sell them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What sort of comics? Marvel, DC or the likes of Warlord or Victor or girls' comics eg Bunty and Mandy?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Don't open them is one thing I'd advise, Marvel and DC ones depending on age and conditions could be worth a lot, you can Google or search eBay by the name of the comic but the grading system can be confusing. Just sit down and have a search online with the name and title of some.

Comic values are sometimes very significant based on a characters debut or storyline arc, you could have something valuable or it's just a collection abandoned by a hoarder, good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Are they Dandy Comics or Beano comics?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭sceach16

Anyone know of any fairs or dealers where these are traded? TIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,664 ✭✭✭Worztron

branie2 wrote: »

I loved buying both of them on a weekly basis - the anticipation for the next release was great. Happy days.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Imbatman

Cupp3r wrote: »
    So first of all I don't know if this is in the correct section. Me and my husband purchased a unit and when sorting the unit we came across thousands of comics.

We know very little about them and noticed some where in sealed packets. They may be worth nothing or could be our ticket to retirement hahaha.

Anyway can anyone direct where we can get them appraised. When we spoke to guys in the UK they wanted to fly to Ireland to get them but made me think we held more valuable comics then they were offering.

**Question: Where in Ireland can I appraise them and possibly sell them.
    Don’t know if you ever got sorted but if you want to send me a message I can help with some advice on what you have and who to contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

branie2 wrote: »

Hey Branie,
    I got a load of *.CBR files if you are interested.
    Eagle warlord Victor Cattle Action Force etc

Advertisement