Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Help Needed

• 12-04-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi Gang, complete Newbie to anything requiring practical sense i.e. DIY :D so in major need of step by step guidance. Have acquired a Noraut Poker cabinet which has working sound/light but is stripped bare other than that - all good. Have a MAME32 Emulator, PC and all that Jazz (well many laptops but can go down the PC route if needs) but what I really need is someones step by step for anyone who has been successful in converting a Noraut Poker cabinet (12 buttons including bet but no joystick) into a MAME Arcade Cabinet. I've read up on items like the X-Arcade USB Joypad for 2 players with all buttons etc, read conflicting views on this, read through threads ad nauseam but I'm stuck on a go forward plan and need a kick start from some of you cabinet convert veterans. Would anyone have any guidance for a complete newbie who wants to take on the DIY challenge and build the cab (as much for me as the smallie :-) ) down to even semi broad steps - I'll not ask you to send me your blueprints and measurements for your projects :p
    Many thanks Arcade Fans!!!!!! Happy to post progress once this show gets off the ground.

Comments

Post a pic. Let's see what you have to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 digidep76

Here you go gang, photo of the cabinet current state.

Second effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

digidep76 wrote: »
    Hi Gang, complete Newbie to anything requiring practical sense i.e. DIY :D so in major need of step by step guidance. Have acquired a Noraut Poker cabinet which has working sound/light but is stripped bare other than that - all good. Have a MAME32 Emulator, PC and all that Jazz (well many laptops but can go down the PC route if needs) but what I really need is someones step by step for anyone who has been successful in converting a Noraut Poker cabinet (12 buttons including bet but no joystick) into a MAME Arcade Cabinet. I've read up on items like the X-Arcade USB Joypad for 2 players with all buttons etc, read conflicting views on this, read through threads ad nauseam but I'm stuck on a go forward plan and need a kick start from some of you cabinet convert veterans. Would anyone have any guidance for a complete newbie who wants to take on the DIY challenge and build the cab (as much for me as the smallie :-) ) down to even semi broad steps - I'll not ask you to send me your blueprints and measurements for your projects :p
    Many thanks Arcade Fans!!!!!! Happy to post progress once this show gets off the ground.

I think the Noraut route is the best way to go, small in stature, but you can do a lot with them ... I'm still fuming my friends brothers threw my ones out (even if it was accidental)!

My plan was to use a twin x-arcade stick with it (but I'm not sure if you're trying for a singe player, or a two player cab?), cut off the front panel and fit the x ... and as the norauts are quite slim have the edges jutting out at the front (like a 4 player cab, except it's a 2 player). Obviously it would have a paint job and some arcade overlay on it etc to make it all blend in together (unlike some Frankenstein looking x arcade used mame cabinets I've seen out there).

Definitely looking at a twin stick approach Hygro. Just waiting on moderator approval and the image should be uploaded also for everyone else to weigh in and help lead the blind to the arcade DIY heaven :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Make your own control panel get it lazered add your own parts.
    http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/layout.html

Hehee

IMG_0133_zps05ef380a.jpg

LOL well if it's that simple Hygro!!??!

digidep76 wrote: »
    LOL well if it's that simple Hygro!!??!

Well I reckon the hardest part would be cutting out the perfect slot to fit the x-arcade in.

There was no monitor in it if I read you first post right? As far as I remember you can put up to a 19in lcd into it from my measurements a few years back.

Though if you kept the bezel on the screen it only leaves you with a 13 inch viewing area.

Advertisement