Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

lukemorse1 & Japanese Goodness

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I've been watching him for a couple of years now. Does some really cool videos and gives a good insight into casual gaming in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Myrddin wrote: »
    Anyone here subbed to lukemorse1 on youtube?

Not only subbed to the guy but met him in real life. He met me in Akihabara with the guys from Famitsu and acted as translator while we went game hunting, for a few beers and some dinner.

He's a really, really sound guy in real life. Took time out on a public holiday over there to meet up and translate.

The interview is in my zine, of which [shamelessplug] you can buy here still in digital form: http://buypinkbullets.bigcartel.com [/shamelessplug] :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Not only subbed to the guy but met him in real life. He met me in Akihabara with the guys from Famitsu and acted as translator while we went game hunting, for a few beers and some dinner.

That sounds awesome, jealousy levels...rising...

Here's a video of a package I sent him, he talks about the Akihabara meeting here:

Was definitely a fun day. The first, and possibly last time I will play Darius Burst AC EX in 4 player mode! :(

^^^ Brilliant :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You sent him a Moro bar? He must have thought it was mana from heaven when he tasted such a delight!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Been watching him for a few years now I'd say. I remember it was a big deal around forums and stuff when his wife and child left him. I'm not sure what the situation is now but he seems to be doing ok. Really does seem like a legit sound chap aswell!

You know you're watching far too many Luke Morse vids when you have the shopping theme from the Hard-Off store running around your head...

Myrddin wrote: »
    You know you're watching far too many Luke Morse vids when you have the shopping theme from the Hard-Off store running around your head...

May all your wishes and dreams come true sir. Play this on loop. :) 2014 Christmas Number 1 campaign? :D

It wouldn't surprise me if this was duplicated from a store copy by a fellow nerd. I remember in Shinjuku watching some guy with a boom mic and some pretty expensive recording gear pressed up to a ceiling-mounted speaker, recording the jingles.

I forget which station had it but when we arrived it played music from Astro Boy! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,798 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I remember the pharmacist in Persona 1 had a weird catchy jingle then I read up that the lyrics were advertising the effects of the good on sale there. Apparently they do this in a lot of chemists over there. Pity they butchered that soundtrack for the PSP release.

• Advertisement

So damn catchy!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

This is how I roll in Tokyo. Only 6 weeks...my gf will be there for a month and a half from the start of May onwards...jealous doesn't cover it

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    I forget which station had it but when we arrived it played music from Astro Boy! :)

Takadanobaba :)

He's on the move (I'm amazed at how well laid out the roads & road infrastructure is, & how horrendous ours is in comparison. Also, not a single piece of rubbish on the streets)

Advertisement