Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My videogame room (work in progress!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,370 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Haha! the missus keeps saying the same thing :(

Over the next year I'm going to sort out getting the attic converted. There's a really decent space up there. Want to put a proper stairs in.

Before putting the hand rail on I'm going to move the cabs up along with it all too. Gaming nirvana!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Looking good.

I will never understand why we never got SNES carts with end labels.

Master of the Universe

Yeah it drives me mad! Pain in the arse trying to flick through this without it all falling over. I'd have picked up more of those Gameboy trays if they didn't go up in price.

snes_zps565888f8.jpg

Nice pic of MVS carts here. Check out the size difference between them and the NGP ones :D

DSC_0587_zps196dcd6f.jpg

DSC_0589_zps87b3356e.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Keep us in mind for all your doubles!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Is there any chance of another run of those mvs boxes being done or can you still get them?
    I like nes/snes games too if you've any doubles going

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Those boxes are made to order by a guy in Italy. My last batch I just ordered directly from him via Arcade Otaku.

Here you go

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22082&hilit=boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,532 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Yeah it drives me mad! Pain in the arse trying to flick through this without it all falling over. I'd have picked up more of those Gameboy trays if they didn't go up in price.

snes_zps565888f8.jpg

Ah good to see my two gameboy advance titles got a good home.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

The setup is looking great o1s1n, those black units look lovely. Love the Commodore monitor you have and the 1200 looking nice and clean. Not sure about the hammer though! :eek:

Your other thread about the 1200 has me wanting to take mine back out of storage. Bad influence some of these threads are! :pac:

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Ah good to see my two gameboy advance titles got a good home.

Yeah! They fit perfectly in that Gameboy shop tray thing. Still have yet to give either of them a go :o
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    The setup is looking great o1s1n, those black units look lovely. Love the Commodore monitor you have and the 1200 looking nice and clean. Not sure about the hammer though! :eek:

Your other thread about the 1200 has me wanting to take mine back out of storage. Bad influence some of these threads are! :pac:

Cheers dude :) It's still far too cluttered for my liking but it's getting there. At this stage I'd rather downsize and have lovely streamlined lines of games than a cluttered space.

Those Commodore monitors are really gorgeous. Really ads to the authenticity of the A1200 too :)

I've been using it for playing games for the last two months and have really been content with it. I thought it was going to be too small, but you soon forget about the size once the game is up and running as the picture is so nice.

If it wasn't for the materialistic fecker in me wanting a PVM I'd be fairly content with it :D

Those MVS boxes are it for me! I have to get some now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Bad influence some of these threads are! :pac:

nam-rood-desert-strike-cheat-amiga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

obviously not ideal as you can't see the games from the front, but an idea for the SNES game maybe building a modified sliding 'spice' racks

SAM_7971.jpg

Master of the Universe

That's a great idea. Would be cool to have a tall one that would slide out with the game labels showing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 staceyjones085

A slide would look pretty sweet. Could make one deeper so u could see games from the side might be a cool look

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was too late to take it apart by the time I'd noticed! Nothing a bit of black paint wont fix...

Hold off on doing that if you can as it'll look awful. I bought some black veneer to help to reapply the chrome edging to my bartop recently... you basically iron it on to the side.

Should be perfect for this. Whatever I have leftover after sorting out the bartop you can have. Should be enough to cover the shelf... it's 2mm in width but you can use a stanley blade to resize it afterwards.

It'll look much better than black paint anyway.

Master of the Universe

Thanks a million! Will definitely take you up on that offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

MrVestek wrote: »
    Hold off on doing that if you can as it'll look awful. I bought some black veneer to help to reapply the chrome edging to my bartop recently... you basically iron it on to the side.

Should be perfect for this. Whatever I have leftover after sorting out the bartop you can have. Should be enough to cover the shelf... it's 2mm in width but you can use a stanley blade to resize it afterwards.

It'll look much better than black paint anyway.

Where did ya get that from?, I'm looking for some for the sides of my cocktail cab top. Black paint just looks sh1yte. I tried to get something similar in maplins but it was basically sticky duct tape

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭Doge

obviously not ideal as you can't see the games from the front, but an idea for the SNES game maybe building a modified sliding 'spice' racks

SAM_7971.jpg

Oh I'm sure pantry boy will love that! He'll build a second one just for his kitchen! ;)

Looking awesome Oisín!

Whats in the cardboard box on the shelf above the door, thats marked Vendetta?

It's not System 3 game of the same name on the c64 is it?

Master of the Universe

That'd be one giant cassette tape! :D

It's the arcade PCB by the same name, one of my favourite arcade games of all time and the one that started me off on beat em ups.

Generously donated by Andrew76 many moons ago. (Never forgotten!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

New door idea for you ...

• Advertisement

That'd be one giant cassette tape! :D

It's the arcade PCB by the same name, one of my favourite arcade games of all time and the one that started me off on beat em ups.

Generously donated by Andrew76 many moons ago. (Never forgotten!)

I was thinking more the lines of a 5 1/4" floppy with box, but you probably already knew that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Wow:eek: I have never seen such an impressive selection of games, must have set you back a fair bit, have you played them all?

Master of the Universe

I moved a couple of shelves around on the bookcases and am starting to get them the way I want them now. Everything lined up rather than piled up!

DSC_0617_zps94a35c46.jpg

Only problem now, you can't see what each snes game is so going to have to come up with a solution for that.

DSC_0618_zpseda82c37.jpg

Proper picture of the AV setup. Not going to stop until I have a wall of CRTs :D

DSC_0609_zps9526b55a.jpg

Looking awesome! Damn you make a good salesman for PVM monitors! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

You could use universal game cases and print off the artwork for the snes games?

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    Looking awesome! Damn you make a good salesman for PVM monitors! ;)

Just look how flat the screens are when compared to the Commodore one.
    Donatron wrote: »
    You could use universal game cases and print off the artwork for the snes games?

That's not a bad solution at all, the only thing is 3 gpb X 70-80 games = a small fortune :(

You can get game protector cases for those mini NES game boxes, which would be 1 euro each. I'm thinking maybe some of them with a label on the spine.

Here's a handy solution

Sell that stuff and get some NTSC SNES goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

The fecking amount of Neo Geo games he has ... must be rich as an astronaut!!

Hygro wrote: »

Well now that you say that, i always thought he was a bit of a space cadet.....

:P

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Hygro wrote: »

Not at all! They're MVS carts in specially made boxes so most didn't cost an arm and a leg. Not like I've been hoarding AES carts or anything :D

Advertisement