Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Florabest Garden vacum/leaf blower-Any Good?

• 15-09-2011 12:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

On sale tomorow in Lidl is a Florabest garden vac/leaf blower.Priceis 45 euro

Are they any good?

Half thinking about buying 1 for the driveway and front garden with wintertime comming,and all the leaves from the trees falling into my garden.

So whats the verdict on the Florabest leaf blower/vacume??:confused:

http://www.lidl.ie/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_ri_ie/hs.xsl/index_13328.htm

Ideal for clearing dead leaves from lawns, flower beds and footpaths, etc.
    3-in-1 function: strong blower and leaf vacuum with integrated mulcher
    2 function shift lever
    Mobile suction tube for back-saving work
    Easy-to-attach, large capacity 50L collection bag with extra strong base
    With zip fastening for easy emptying
    Comfortable shock-absorbing handle
    Adjustable front handle with quick release
    10m cable
    Adjustable electronic rotation speed with maximum force of up to 13,800rpm
    Includes hex key in a practical holder
    With mobile patio suction nozzle
    Includes adjustable carry strap
    Air speed: max. 270km/h
    Suction volume: max. 15m3/min
    With shockabsorbing handle
    Easy to attach “click in” closure
    Adjustable rotation speed control

Thanks.:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Anyone??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭blackharvester

leaf blower is very usefull in garden, will save your time, speciall now when autumn on the way.
    i dont have any experience with florabest blower, but i am using Hitachi petrol blower, and it is doing great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Foghladh

I can't help you on the Florabest leaf blower but I've got a piece of crap Florabest branch shredder rusting in my garage that worked (badly) for a while and then died. I don't really rate them for endurance

Well,I went to Lidl in Coolock today,to get the leaf blowwr,but they were sold out,with no more to come.:(

Went out to Smiths Toy Store in Airside,Swords this evening with my girlfriend and daughter,and I decided to have a browze around BnQ aswell.

They had a WORKX (company who make all the power tools) 3000w leaf blower/vacum and mulcher reduced from 95 euro to 65 euro,as it is end of season for gardening,and it was the last 1 left.

It has a 50 litre bag and a 12 meter power cable.

I chanced my arm and asked the manager if I could get another 10% off,as I didnt have the full 65 euro on me,and I badly wanted this leaf blower.

Got it for 55 euro.

I think that can be considered as a bargain.:D

Tried it out today,well impressed with the function of it and also the mulching ability of it too.

Well worth the money.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭The Garden Shop

paddy147 wrote: »
    Tried it out today,well impressed with the function of it and also the mulching ability of it too.

Well worth the money.:)

It's always worth a haggle alright. As for the lidl and Aldi stuff, I have got a few electrical things there like my electric chainsaw and it has worked for me for the last few years no problem. If you do hav an issue they are great with the warranty, 3 years and no quibble if you bring it back as I had to do with a faulty DVD player (2.5yrs old, still had receipt taped underneath it!!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,803 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

No experience of any of the FloreBest stuff in Lidl, but I would think the fact that it has to be plugged in would limit a blower/vac.

Would be handy to be able to walk where you want and clear areas, the lead may be limiting.

NIMAN wrote: »
    No experience of any of the FloreBest stuff in Lidl, but I would think the fact that it has to be plugged in would limit a blower/vac.

Would be handy to be able to walk where you want and clear areas, the lead may be limiting.

Agreed,but I only want it for my front and back gardens,and I have an outdoor double socket halfway down the back garden,so that kinds halps too,no need for dragging big long extension leads behind me from the kitchen.

Was looking at a Ryobi 2 stroke petrol leaf blower,but decided that I didnt need to spend out 150 euro on 1.

Advertisement