Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** Match Thread*** Tue Mar 19th Colmcilles 8pm Cork Exiles

Options
  • 15-05-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Need a win to really kick start the season and if we show the same kind of fight as last week I think we'll do it. Always a tough game against Cork though.

Also, just to mention, last week's minute's silence was for Shane Prendeville, player/manager of Cork Exiles so our condolences to them on his passing.

Al - Maybe
    Calvin - Maybe
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Craig - In
    Damo - In
    Dave - In
    Derek
    Ed
    Jack - Maybe
    Keith - In
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In
    Mark - In

Reece
    Sam - In
    SteK - Inj
    SteMcd
    Adam - In
    Paul - Out
    Padraig

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Another physical game against the exiles, lets be up for it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Al - Maybe
    Calvin - Maybe
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Craig - In
    Damo - In
    Dave - In
    Derek
    Ed
    Jack - Out
    Keith - In
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In
    Mark - In

Reece
    Sam - In
    SteK - Inj
    SteMcd
    Adam - In
    Paul - Out
    Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭yes there

Loving the colouring system there Keith

Damo is the artist!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

in

Al - In
    Calvin - In
    Cathal - In
    Cillian - In

Craig - In
    Damo - In
    Dave - In
    Derek
    Ed
    Jack - Out
    Keith - In
    Ken - In
    Kieran - In
    Mark - In

Reece
    Sam - In
    SteK - Inj
    SteMcd - In

Adam - In
    Paul - Out
    Padraig

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

these are some mad results we are getting apart from ball alley which could have gone either way we should have won the rest :/

Murtagh was good again today as was Ciaran despite the OG. Cal industrious as always.
    The new guy Damo brought down aido had an impressive cameo very tidy and neat feet and looked like despite the size difference between him and some of the cork lads willing to get stuck in we really need more of that.

What i would say is we need to get fitter a LOT fitter.
    Sam your good at shot stoppin but be more vocal the two lads in front of ya are big boys they can take a tongue lashing.

Were getting no runners in behind a lot of the time its just me and i can be marked out ill need people running in behind pulling centre halves off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭kmcattack

Frustrating result again, we have played a lot worse and got results, their keeper made some great saves in the second half though to be fair.

Sorry about the goal lads, got a shout from Sam but couldn't get myself out of the way in time and didn't think I could duck out of the way.

We definitely played some good stuff at times, the new lad on the wing looked very dangerous. Another great goal from Derek out of nothing in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We just need to chill the **** out on the ball. We never seem willing to put more than maybe three or four passes in a row together before either pumping it at Derek and hoping for the best (which he gets a lot out of tbf considering he spends half his time working off scraps) or trying to run through a group of players.

Spread the ball about a bit more and it will make playing to Derek & Ste's feet a lot easier.

• Advertisement

yeah frustrating, from 3 winning positions we've ended up with draws.

The OG was probably with about 40 mins of game time, we should have scored we put enough pressure on, Murtagh was marauding around midfield for the last 20!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

mrDerek wrote: »
    these are some mad results we are getting apart from ball alley which could have gone either way we should have won the rest :/

Murtagh was good again today as was Ciaran despite the OG. Cal industrious as always.
    The new guy Damo brought down aido had an impressive cameo very tidy and neat feet and looked like despite the size difference between him and some of the cork lads willing to get stuck in we really need more of that.

What i would say is we need to get fitter a LOT fitter.
    Sam your good at shot stoppin but be more vocal the two lads in front of ya are big boys they can take a tongue lashing.

Were getting no runners in behind a lot of the time its just me and i can be marked out ill need people running in behind pulling centre halves off me.

Great post Derek, I agree with it all so i won't repeat it.

Just to say Murtagh and Kieran have put together a very good partnership. Goal was very unfortunate but everyone knows what went wrong and have learnt from it already.

I was off the pace tonight myself. It was a tough couple of days for me in the build up to the match so apologies. And I promise to start bollicking the f*ck outta ya all next week like a proper captain. :pac:

Good to see Jack up. Hopefully he's good for next week and we can really get this season started. A win will make everything better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Oh and yeah, Ayo is a superstar. Lots more to come from him. Only thing is I'm not certain how feasible it is for him to make the games as he lives out by the Aviva. He's keen to join but I'll have to see. Don't suppose anyone drives remotely near there on the way to matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭asdfgh86

Mousewar wrote: »
    Oh and yeah, Ayo is a superstar. Lots more to come from him. Only thing is I'm not certain how feasible it is for him to make the games as he lives out by the Aviva. He's keen to join but I'll have to see. Don't suppose anyone drives remotely near there on the way to matches?

I live by the Aviva, he can jump in with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

asdfgh86 wrote: »
    I live by the Aviva, he can jump in with me.

Good lad jack

Advertisement