Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

opr wrote: »
    These off topic threads usually work best when anything goes in regards to discussion and that includes gambling as a topic. It is the reason after all that people come to this forum so naturally when people are shooting the **** it will come up as a topic.

I know in the early days of another forum OT thread I read the forum topic was the main topic of conversation until as people got to know each other on the forum it became less and less of a conversation piece within the thread. Now its only one of many topics in a very busy thread. I feel that not allowing gambling discussion isolates the thread from the forum and its just another thread with random people chatting not really connected to the forum.

Just a suggestion.

Opr

Sure we can give it a go, thread title edited

But if it takes away from other threads or turns into something like the Football tips from the Pro thread then it will go back to the way it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good idea so,The Recliner,a few more posts here would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

So I've been unemployed for 2 weeks now, out of choice. Got UPC, free skysports and skymovies for 2 months. Only annoying thing, which I didn't realise at first, is that upc don't support the red button feature.

But can't complain much, been watching at least 1 movie a day and bucketloads of espn classic. Eagerly awaiting the MLB playoffs too.

Tonight I watched Sexy Beast. Savage movie.

So that's me, in a nutshell. Hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Edgar Damp Underclassman

Happy belated birthday Gav!:D

Green Street 2 is ridiculously bad, but yet I'm watching it for about the 4th time.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

i love drink!

• Advertisement

baz2009 wrote: »

Green Street 2 is ridiculously bad, but yet I'm watching it for about the 4th time.:confused:

That is honestly one of the worst films I have ever seen,turned it over after about 45 minutes.

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I am so hungover.

Good night though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭gnolan

For anyone watching the City Villa game, would you agree that David Pleat is one of the worst co-commentators in the game?

The poor auld fella can't put his thoughts into a structured sentence; he often makes up words, rambles on about beef an onion pies and the good old days during attacking phases of play, and has tremendous trouble pronouncing player names. It really is infuriating. He's up there with Jimmy Magee, Andy Townsend and that ****er Mark Bright.

Jim McGrath=best commentator of all time in any sport. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

greetings wrote: »
    Your birthday today,gavin?

Ye it was! Big 20 :D
    baz2009 wrote: »

Cheers Baz!
    x PyRo wrote: »
    I am so hungover.

Good night though.

Know the feeling :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭SportsGreatest

Aah, I don't have any spare time to relax anymore. I'm usually up until after midnight doing homework and revising. It's starting to catch up on me, so I'm taking the night off to relax... ;)

I'm only in Third Year, thank god I'm not doing my Leaving Cert! :pac:

Wahey happy birthday Gavin. Lawl,school.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

I found out i may be a daddy. But not in the normal circumstances. I've been tracked down through facebook and told that i have an 11 month old daughter in Ecuador. I was there almost 2 years ago and i always left with a bad feeling about one local girl i was with. The timeline is about right so now i have to figure out where to get a paternity test done. Once i sort that out i'll be asking for a blood sample to be sent to the clinic or hospital. Was told it's probably gonna cost a couple of hundred for the safe shipping of the sample and dna test. It's quite ironic since i was only joking about Ecuador last week after the failed coup. It was also in a town called Baños which is quite fitting as the English translation is toilet. Which is where my life is probably heading.

If it turns out to be mine i'll be feeling guilty for not wanting it to be. Think a drink is in order.

I found out i may be a daddy. But not in the normal circumstances. I've been tracked down through facebook and told that i have an 11 month old daughter in Ecuador. I was there almost 2 years ago and i always left with a bad feeling about one local girl i was with. The timeline is about right so now i have to figure out where to get a paternity test done. Once i sort that out i'll be asking for a blood sample to be sent to the clinic or hospital. Was told it's probably gonna cost a couple of hundred for the safe shipping of the sample and dna test. It's quite ironic since i was only joking about Ecuador last week after the failed coup. It was also in a town called Baños which is quite fitting as the English translation is toilet. Which is where my life is probably heading.

If it turns out to be mine i'll be feeling guilty for not wanting it to be. Think a drink is in order.

Christ man, a drink and a paternity test are in order alright

Maybe several, of both!

• Moderators Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Unlucky Horse, it could be a lot worse though.

Are you being serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭gnolan

Jesus, and i thought i was having a shit day cos i forgot to put sugar in my coffee...

Are you being serious?

Yep unfortunately i am. I didn't give her my real name but she found me through a hostel's facebook page. I was tagged in a photo. She knew which hostel i was staying in so she must have just chanced it on facebook. This is something she could have done almost 2 years ago but only does it now. And she's talking about money. So i'm hoping this is just some ploy for cash. I'm so not ready to be a father. I wouldn't even know where to start given the distance between our 2 countries.

Yep unfortunately i am. I didn't give her my real name but she found me through a hostel's facebook page. I was tagged in a photo. She knew which hostel i was staying in so she must have just chanced it on facebook. This is something she could have done almost 2 years ago but only does it now. And she's talking about money. So i'm hoping this is just some ploy for cash. I'm so not ready to be a father. I wouldn't even know where to start given the distance between our 2 countries.

Jesus, that's a bit of a nuts story, hope it all works out for you. If it is a ploy for cash that's really low.

is it too early to offer odds on the paternity test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

i couldnt even imagine whats going through your head right now,
    but your defo telling the wrong people about your situation..

get onto some1 who you know and trust,maybe your parents,its a very serious
    accusation that she has made,and if shes only trying to get money off you then its illegal..not sure what age you are but it might be suitable to get onto your parents depending on your relationship with them,if not another close member of the family should be told imo....maybe your family solicitor would be your best option..
    best of luck with whatever you do, and the outcome of the situation i hope will go in your favour,,
    coughlan

• Advertisement

coughlan08 wrote: »
    i couldnt even imagine whats going through your head right now,
    but your defo telling the wrong people about your situation..

get onto some1 who you know and trust,maybe your parents,its a very serious
    accusation that she has made,and if shes only trying to get money off you then its illegal..not sure what age you are but it might be suitable to get onto your parents depending on your relationship with them,if not another close member of the family should be told imo....maybe your family solicitor would be your best option..
    best of luck with whatever you do, and the outcome of the situation i hope will go in your favour,,
    coughlan

I found out on Saturday night. I've already been on to the Irish embassy in Quito and the Ecuador consulate here to try find out what they advise in situations like this. A few of my close friends know so i got a lot of support in that respect. Until i get the paternity test there is nothing i can really do. I'll only trust having the sample sent here and i'm not going to handle it at all. Gonna go to a solicitor and get him/her to mediate the whole thing between a clinic i was on to a while ago and the mailing of the results back to her. Gonna cost 220 for the test and 93 for UPS to collect it from there and ship it here. As horrible a thing it is to say i'm really hoping it comes back negative.

I found out on Saturday night. I've already been on to the Irish embassy in Quito and the Ecuador consulate here to try find out what they advise in situations like this. A few of my close friends know so i got a lot of support in that respect. Until i get the paternity test there is nothing i can really do. I'll only trust having the sample sent here and i'm not going to handle it at all. Gonna go to a solicitor and get him/her to mediate the whole thing between a clinic i was on to a while ago and the mailing of the results back to her. Gonna cost 220 for the test and 93 for UPS to collect it from there and ship it here. As horrible a thing it is to say i'm really hoping it comes back negative.

Sounds like you have it well thought out and are going about it the right way

Totally understand your frame of mind to be honest, hope for the best for you man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭ Edgar Damp Underclassman

Fúck.:eek:
    That sounds like something you'd hear in a film, couldn't even comprehend something like that happeing in real life. Hope everything works out ok for ya Horseboxo!
    Aah, I don't have any spare time to relax anymore. I'm usually up until after midnight doing homework and revising. It's starting to catch up on me, so I'm taking the night off to relax... ;)

I'm only in Third Year, thank god I'm not doing my Leaving Cert! :pac:

You have got to be shítting. I studied for half an hour before each exam on the day. Between that and being the first to leave every exam, I'm quite happy that I only failed 2 subjects, tbh.:pac:
    There wasn't even a proper exam for one of them(Art), but I failed that 'cos I spent the whole life drawing exam making the model laugh and we watched either 300 or Fast and Furious for like every art class in 3rd year.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Jaysus man that is some bad luck her tracking you through Facebook, you never know though after a few months you may see it as a blessing if the kid is yours and if you get to meet it.

,and if shes only trying to get money off you then its illegal..
    coughlan

I don't think claiming child benefit from the father is illegal,coughlan.

He's saying if she's lying about having a kid and only trying to extort money, that's illegal.

i hate when people only quote a line from a whole post,
    you completely changed the context of what i said..
    you forgot to include "its a very serious accusation",
    i.e,,meaning if shes only saying hes the father to get money..
    grow up a small bit will ya...

Thought it was clear enough what ye meant Coughlan.

Anyways, seen a learner driver doing their test in front of me today over near the industrial estate in Glasnevin. Poor bastard blocked the whole road as he cut out while turning and was too wide in the road. Couldn't get the thing started again for almost 5 minutes. People beeping at the chap and shouting out of windows. Then when he did get it moving he gave it too much gas and the car shot up on the path. He ended up in front of me right back to the test center up on Jamestown. Kept cutting out on lights and hitting paths as he turned. Tester was just shaking her head while tapping the clip board off it. Reckon the fella's confidence has been shot to fúck.

first time seeing 3 mods overlooking the gambling forum..
    lovely to see....;)

• Advertisement

i hate when people only quote a line from a whole post,
    you completely changed the context of what i said..
    you forgot to include "its a very serious accusation",
    i.e,,meaning if shes only saying hes the father to get money..
    grow up a small bit will ya...
    Sorry coughlan editing it here,I misread the original post you made.
    And don't tell me to grow up thanks,it's a rather childish come back to a genuine mistake.

Advertisement