Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

At last we get to see one! Well done Bonjo, thanks for posting. Shame they did'nt make the effort to put the Aer Arann logo on them. The second 146 being used is mostly blue with a yellow logo or wording on the side. Seen it go over her a few times but not close enough or at the wrong angle to see exactly what is on there.

What kind of planes are these?

The Etihad planes are Boeing 757's (I think) and the last one is definitely an Airbus A380.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

vulcan57 wrote: »
    The Etihad planes are Boeing 757's (I think) and the last one is definitely an Airbus A380.

Couldn't be. The jumbo's have four engines!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

What kind of planes are these?

The Ethiad is an Airbus A330-200, and the second grey one coming into Shannon is the Airbus A380, unpainted while it was in testing. A Ryanair 737-800 is in the background.

Couldn't be. The jumbo's have four engines!

The 747 is the Jumbo, the 757 is a twin engined plane, longer than a 737 and higher undercarriage with larger engines, designed for medium-haul routes, but more recently used on long haul, probably needed to modify them with larger fuel tanks for this though. The 757 and 737 have the same sized cabin, if you were just to look at a cross secton or "slice" out of each of them!
    In any case, that Ethiad isn't a 757 though. (see my post above!)

• Advertisement

Biro wrote: »
    The 747 is the Jumbo, the 757 is a twin engined plane, longer than a 737 and higher undercarriage with larger engines, designed for medium-haul routes, but more recently used on long haul, probably needed to modify them with larger fuel tanks for this though. The 757 and 737 have the same sized cabin, if you were just to look at a cross secton or "slice" out of each of them!
    In any case, that Ethiad isn't a 757 though. (see my post above!)

It was a mistake to for me as I read that 757 as 747.

It was a mistake to for me as I read that 757 as 747.

That's what I figured! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

My two(ish) favourite pics from all my training in Canada:

DSCF0683.jpg
    CN Tower while coming in to land in Toronto City Centre airport on my 300nm cross country

DSCF0876.jpg
    and
    DSCF0878.jpg
    Getting out to go on a cross country from North Bay airport before the cloud rolled in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

bonjo1983 wrote: »
    BAe146 Aer Arann @ Waterford Airport

19052008097.jpg

She flew over me today on the way into EICM at 17:06PM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

Steyr wrote: »

And I have pics!:)
    Ill put em up later.

• Advertisement

darragh-k wrote: »
    And I have pics!:)
    Ill put em up later.

Good stuff, lovely sight and most welcome over Galway!

I think it's these machines that have regularily started flying over my house only in recent times. I always run to look out at them. Can't get enough of them.

I wonder are these the new amsterdam flights. I have to get myself a compass.

Is there a way to track all planes flying around the place like you can do with ships?

Also, I might get a scanner at some stage. Anyone out there selling as used uniden or the like?

Instead of starting my own thread I'll put em here.

Well I was up in the tower in Galway on Sunday last, there was heavy vfr traffic and 2 BAE-146's and a few atr's flying in and out throughout the day!
    Heres a few shots, couldn't get any great ones of the atc position because the controller is in them!
    I have a video from the tower of the BAE getting taxi and atc clearance but my upload speed means it will take ages to put on youtube but I will eventually and throw it up here!
    sdc10034ku4.jpg

sdc10033zb1.jpg
    sdc10034bv4.jpg
    sdc10035do6.jpg
    sdc10043wx7.jpg
    sdc10045pg9.jpg
    sdc10046my6.jpg
    sdc10047bu9.jpg
    sdc10048xl6.jpg

sdc10036me7.jpg
    sdc10049js0.jpg
    sdc10044fj8.jpg

...More to follow!I have a few more of that bae, the plain white one is in the video, no pics of the plain one! :D

Instead of starting my own thread I'll put em here.

Well I was up in the tower in Galway on Sunday last, there was heavy vfr traffic and 2 BAE-146's and a few atr's flying in and out throughout the day!
    Heres a few shots, couldn't get any great ones of the atc position because the controller is in them!
    I have a video from the tower of the BAE getting taxi and atc clearance but my upload speed means it will take ages to put on youtube but I will eventually and throw it up here!
    sdc10034ku4.jpg

sdc10033zb1.jpg
    sdc10034bv4.jpg
    sdc10035do6.jpg
    sdc10043wx7.jpg
    sdc10045pg9.jpg
    sdc10046my6.jpg
    sdc10047bu9.jpg
    sdc10048xl6.jpg

sdc10036me7.jpg
    sdc10049js0.jpg
    sdc10044fj8.jpg

...More to follow! :D;D

Cool. How did you get up to the tower?

Is there a way to track all planes flying around the place like you can do with ships?

Also, I might get a scanner at some stage. Anyone out there selling as used uniden or the like?

Yes they are the New flights to Holland and they are here to stay! All year round!
    See www.liveatc.net and type in Dublin for Live Dublin Air Traffic Control, unfortunately Galway is not up on it!!

Dunno about scanners but i know alot of people use the Yuptieru MVT7100, apparently its the shcizz!

Darragh some good but also some poor shots try to center the aircraft next time and zoom into her but dont zoom in past the nose or tail keep the aircraft centered, good effort though, ul get it eventually. Workaccount myself and Vulcan are thinking of setting up a Galway Spotters trip sometime to EICM for a spotting trip someday.

Darragh some good but also some poor shots try to center the aircraft next time and zoom into her but dont zoom in past the nose or tail keep the aircraft centered, good effort though, ul get it eventually. Workaccount myself and Vulcan are thinking of setting up a Galway Spotters trip sometime to EICM for a spotting trip someday.

Thanks, it was my first go with the new camera(not a great one either) and it was on autofocus so it would take a few secs to focus on the planes, and when they're moving its not that easy:(
    Heres the rest anyhow.

sdc10050ki8.jpg
    sdc10051ge1.jpg
    sdc10052cd9.jpg
    sdc10053ax8.jpg
    sdc10054zn2.jpg
    sdc10055hg8.jpg
    sdc10057pf5.jpg
    sdc10058gl5.jpg
    sdc10059ha8.jpg
    sdc10060nk0.jpg

As regards a spotting, during the summer we will go and do it some Saturday!:)

I have a feed for EICM, but, its never up because I'm not on the computer much with the Junior Cert. I will put that up in due course and I'll let you all know as soon as its up.

Darragh

As steyr says some nice shots but also some poor. You will find also that shooting through glass can ruin some shots that would be otherwise good shots. I understand that when up in the tower you don't have a choice. You will notice that you can see a lot of reflections of the windows on some of the shots. 2 or 3 of the shots are in fact pretty good and with a bit of cropping and sharpening would be very nice. Remember, there are good photographers and bad photographers, amateur photographers and profressional photographers but there are no perfect photographers and everyone of them can still learn more and we all have to start somewhere and the more you prctice the better we will all become.

Well done for posting and don't let any of us put you off from posting again. The last time Styer and myself were up at EICM I took just over 100 shots and there were only 6 or 7 that I would be happy enough with, thats just the way it goes. Some post processing is always handy if you have a program for editing pictures, like photoshop or photoshop elements. What camera have you? we maybe able to help you a little more if we know what you are using.

Take a look at these pages, they might be of some help.

http://www.airshows.org.uk/photography/takingshots.html
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_photography/read.main/208193/
    http://www.richard-seaman.com/Photography/Airshows/index.html
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001waH

Any way keep up the picture taking.

P.S. Love the colour scheme on the blue 146. Would love to get a decent shot of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 bonjo1983

I think it's these machines that have regularily started flying over my house only in recent times. I always run to look out at them. Can't get enough of them.

I wonder are these the new amsterdam flights. I have to get myself a compass.

Amsterdam, Malaga, Faro, Bordeaux there using the 146 for, there using two of them and one of them has teh aer arann colours on it i have yet to see it though we always seem to get the plain one in waterford

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Darragh

As steyr says some nice shots but also some poor. You will find also that shooting through glass can ruin some shots that would be otherwise good shots. I understand that when up in the tower you don't have a choice. You will notice that you can see a lot of reflections of the windows on some of the shots. 2 or 3 of the shots are in fact pretty good and with a bit of cropping and sharpening would be very nice. Remember, there are good photographers and bad photographers, amateur photographers and profressional photographers but there are no perfect photographers and everyone of them can still learn more and we all have to start somewhere and the more you prctice the better we will all become.

Well done for posting and don't let any of us put you off from posting again. The last time Styer and myself were up at EICM I took just over 100 shots and there were only 6 or 7 that I would be happy enough with, thats just the way it goes. Some post processing is always handy if you have a program for editing pictures, like photoshop or photoshop elements. What camera have you? we maybe able to help you a little more if we know what you are using.

Take a look at these pages, they might be of some help.

http://www.airshows.org.uk/photography/takingshots.html
    http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/aviation_photography/read.main/208193/
    http://www.richard-seaman.com/Photography/Airshows/index.html
    http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=001waH

Any way keep up the picture taking.

P.S. Love the colour scheme on the blue 146. Would love to get a decent shot of that.

Nothing wrong with a bit of constructive criticism! I do agree that some are crap, but I put up all of the pics I took because there was about 20 in total and when you break it up, I only have a few of the rea's and the flying club and the exec guys so I said I'd throw em all up. Now that I'm sort of used to it I'm sure the camera can take some nice shots ie. the 1st, 2nd, 5th and 8th.
    It just takes a few secs of holding the button to focus it.:) Unfortunately I only had it since the day before, we needed a new one for a party.

Darragh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

26692AFTERTESTFLIGHT.jpg

767sn25076ReworkedImage.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg

Here's Aerarann's second BAE146 jet its the one with their logo on it, its not much of a logo you can see it just left of the forward door

27052008100.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

Went up to EICM last evening with a friend to pick up his brother and look what I found there. It was around 21.30 so the late evening sun was very low in the sky.

DSCF3700.jpg

DSCF3712.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Some nice photos there lads. *Kol*, that second shot of the Boeing is fantastic.

combat5 wrote: »
    Went up to EICM last evening with a friend to pick up his brother and look what I found there. It was around 21.30 so the late evening sun was very low in the sky.

DSCF3700.jpg

DSCF3712.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments welcome.

You put mine to shame!:p Lovely shots mate, came out very well, the sun setting added to them.

EI-DAV wrote: »
    Some nice photos there lads. *Kol*, that second shot of the Boeing is fantastic.

Cheers. Fresh paint job courtesy of Air Lvery in Filton more than my photograhy I'd say!!

Excellent shos Combat well done and welcome to the forum, you will be shooting better photos than your dad pretty soon! Thats the same one they used last year i flew to Malaga on her i sat at the very front window on the port side outbound and return.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

Nothing amazing here lads, but said I'd throw them up anyhow. I was coming home from the airport (Dublin) a few weeks back, and had a camera handy.

2531020149_a546dcb54d.jpg?v=0

2531020093_031c10b8ef.jpg?v=0

2531040983_2a9dc822eb.jpg?v=0

2531018609_44c0e5b40b.jpg?v=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭combat5

Thanks, it was my first go with the new camera(not a great one either) and it was on autofocus so it would take a few secs to focus on the planes, and when they're moving its not that easy:(
    Heres the rest anyhow.

sdc10050ki8.jpg
    sdc10051ge1.jpg
    sdc10052cd9.jpg
    sdc10053ax8.jpg
    sdc10054zn2.jpg
    sdc10055hg8.jpg
    sdc10057pf5.jpg
    sdc10058gl5.jpg
    sdc10059ha8.jpg
    sdc10060nk0.jpg

As regards a spotting, during the summer we will go and do it some Saturday!:)

I have a feed for EICM, but, its never up because I'm not on the computer much with the Junior Cert. I will put that up in due course and I'll let you all know as soon as its up.

Id love to get up there, you can see a lot more.

Advertisement