Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asylum seekers...

Options
  • 28-01-2011 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭

Did not know where to post this so here goes.

This is not intended to be in any way racist,I just do not understand it.

When most, if not all nigerian asylum seekers arrived in Ireland, they would have stated the reason they left Nigeria was fear of their life.How then can you explain that as soon as they are granted asylum, within a short space of time many of these ayslum seekers go home on (holidays) I have come across dozens of stories of nigerians going home for weddings,funerals etc over the past number of years.

I would have thought if you leave a country in fear of your life the last thing you want to do is return there..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

not yet wrote: »
    Did not know where to post this so here goes.

This is not intended to be in any way racist,I just do not understand it.

When most, if not all nigerian asylum seekers arrived in Ireland, they would have stated the reason they left Nigeria was fear of their life.How then can you explain that as soon as they are granted asylum, within a short space of time many of these ayslum seekers go home on (holidays) I have come across dozens of stories of nigerians going home for weddings,funerals etc over the past number of years.

I would have thought if you leave a country in fear of your life the last thing you want to do is return there..............

Did you ask this question of any of the "dozens" of nigerians you know who have the temerity to go to their home country to a funeral? Do you actually know these people and the circumstances under which they were granted asylum or are you just repeating speculation. If you know any that have told you they were granted asylum here becuase there was a threat to their lives in Nigeria, why don't you ask em how they are able to go home?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement