Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sex for Rent - Raised in the Dail as issue of major concern

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Ok this is how simple this stupid ****ing argument gets . Just say there is a group of people that like ice cream cones and there is one particular shop that sells them at a premium monetary cost or for sex . However there is another shop up the road that also sells ice cream cones that are cheaper but aren't quiet as nice and the transaction of sex isnt on offer so your options are

A. Pay the premium monetary price
    B. Pay with sex
    C.Go with the inferior but cheaper option up the road

At the end of the day the power of choice is always with the consumer

• Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭anewme

anewme wrote: »
    Nasty thread.

Some real women haters in here.

Toxic.

Block. Block. Block. Block.

Safe space. Ignore the offline, real world.

Some real ostriches in here.

In the real world, you'd get pulled up pretty promptly if you started sprouting a fragment of the toxic the ****e that's written here about women.

If you were man enough to say it openly that is, and not behind an anonymous keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

GRENADE !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Feisar wrote: »
    Why are people making a housing issue out of this?

It is a housing issue

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

It is a housing issue

Fundamentally, that's what it is. That's the angle I'd like the government to take. Increase the housing stock in highest demand areas. Make housing affordable and these kind of arrangements wouldn't really occur.

• Advertisement

• It is a housing issue

No it’s not. The tenants were moving out. The landlord allegedly made an indecent proposal to one of them which was rightly rejected.

Women have always used sex as a weapon with men they are not attracted to, and a lot of men fall for it. What disgusts them about this is a man using this against them. It's way women are far more worried about getting old than men are, and many mothers fight with their daughters ... They see the effect their daughters have on men that they once had. Its also why women think the best of people as women get treated better than men do in general.

The vast majority of men OTOH never had that power in the first place so getting older is no big deal, in fact it's often am improvement as they gain status as they get older.

It's also laughable when people say gender is a social construct... Gender is framed around how humans sexually reproduce.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Pro tip guys, if someone with less than 10 posts comes in here with a men-are-strong, women-are-weak tone, it's most likely a poster who has been reregistering for YEARS. We ban them on sight and delete their posts without prejudice. If you reply to them, you're wasting your time because your posts may also be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mr E wrote: »
    Mod: Pro tip guys, if someone with less than 10 posts comes in here with a men-are-strong, women-are-weak tone, it's most likely a poster who has been reregistering for YEARS. We ban them on sight and delete their posts without prejudice. If you reply to them, you're wasting your time because your posts may also be deleted.

Maybe lock the thread for a while to give the sad wanker a reason to vacate the basement?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good idea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement