Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ScrewFix Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

Access wrote: »
    Im delighted to see screwfix now shipping here.

I hope it becomes the tool version of amazon... its badly needed here.

Builders providers around here and even the likes of McQuillan Tools in blanchardstown have always been that good bit more expensive then our UK/NI neighbours on tools/powertools in Ireland.

Origo - who do Stihl and Bosch, tucks o brien - who do Makita and even McQuillan wholesale who do a lot of other brands including Hitachi will now face a decent bit of competition hopefully.

Screwfix have always shipped here, free shipping to Ireland for orders over 100 pounds.....(lots of stuff still cheaper on the .com site and certainly a much much larger choice)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Invincible

mint man wrote: »
    :rolleyes:that was the price .. then you use code for the discount

You're wrong again, read post #4 :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The lips wrote: »
    ...The DeWalt has only one year warranty.
    You will be unable to register it for the 3 years manufacturers warranty.
    That is what screwfix customer service told me...

I registered mine for the 3 year warranty online yesterday without issue, it's an EU wide offer...www.dewalt.eu/3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Still haven't gotten a dispatch email, anyone else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

My stuff arrived this morning,they are bang on with the 3 day delivery time.

• Advertisement

You need to email them to get the tracking number, it's GLS UK

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

Invincible wrote: »
    You're wrong again, read post #4 :rolleyes:

no, i clicked that link when it was posted and at that time it was 150 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

3 batteries with this drill on amazon for £99, are they more or less the same bar the amount of batteries??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-DV18DVC2-JD-Cordless-Impact/dp/B00AIKOA30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413822990&sr=8-1&keywords=hitachi+combi+drill#productDetails

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

They are selling all these drills cheap as the brushless technology is coming in :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭bungaro79

Hootanany wrote: »
    They are selling all these drills cheap as the brushless technology is coming in :cool:

would you buy one of these at a cheaper price hootanany or would you wait for the brushless ones to come out (which will be a lot dearer no doubt)??

• Advertisement

bungaro79 wrote: »
    3 batteries with this drill on amazon for £99, are they more or less the same bar the amount of batteries??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hitachi-DV18DVC2-JD-Cordless-Impact/dp/B00AIKOA30/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413822990&sr=8-1&keywords=hitachi+combi+drill#productDetails

Those are Ni-cad batteries, ones with the DeWalt are Li-ion

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

bungaro79 wrote: »
    would you buy one of these at a cheaper price hootanany or would you wait for the brushless ones to come out (which will be a lot dearer no doubt)??

If its for DIY go with that one for proffesionals go for a Hilti

• Registered Users Posts: 14 corkpacman

Had an email from these on friday but only read it today, you can get €10 off if you spend €50 until midnight tonight, the code is return10 - got myself some sockets and a makita i'd had my eye on for a while. hope it helps someone else in the limited time.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭sidcon

corkpacman wrote: »
    Had an email from these on friday but only read it today, you can get €10 off if you spend €50 until midnight tonight, the code is return10 - got myself some sockets and a makita i'd had my eye on for a while. hope it helps someone else in the limited time.
    Cheers used against a drill I was looking at

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Personally I think screwfix is not that great. I've been using Lawson-HIS for years and find them cheaper nearly everytime. Their website lets them down a bit as sometimes it can be difficult to find the item you're looking for. I recently purchased this Bosch 18v kit for £298 [about €376] + postage [roughly £13, but purchased other items to make up the 30kg package]. I'm VAT registered so only pay the nett figure. The same kit on screwfix here is €516.99 [€420 nett]. I know its only around €45 saving on one item, but if you're purchasing a lot of tools the savings are very worthwhile.

Their customer service is also very good. I purchased a cordless die grinder last year that was advertised with two batteries and I only received one. I contacted them about this and was told the online description was a mistake and the grinder only came with one battery, however they sent out another battery free of charge and corrected their online description.

[I'm not connected to this website in any way, just giving some honest feedback on a site I've used for many years].

I might be the only one buying regularly at screwfix here but I have just got another code through to my email - SALE10 - but only working if you buy €75 or more. Not in a position to buy that much before Monday but hope it helps someone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭paddydriver

corkpacman wrote: »
    I might be the only one buying regularly at screwfix here but I have just got another code through to my email - SALE10 - but only working if you buy €75 or more. Not in a position to buy that much before Monday but hope it helps someone again.

Thanks, got it in email too. I am going to get the below drill using it. Not a heavy user so figure this one will do the trick and replace my aging Ryobi that's dead everytime I pick it up.

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/hitachi-dv18dgl-jc-18v-1-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill.html

Thanks, got it in email too. I am going to get the below drill using it. Not a heavy user so figure this one will do the trick and replace my aging Ryobi that's dead everytime I pick it up.

A good shout, I have this drill and think it's probably the best value for money at the moment - and that's coming from someone who has only used Makita in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tommydd

Got the hitachi drill for 109.99, 10 euro of when you spend 75 using the sale10 discount code and 10 off when you spend 50

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭paddydriver

tommydd wrote: »
    Got the hitachi drill for 109.99, 10 euro of when you spend 75 using the sale10 discount code and 10 off when you spend 50

Ditto.. just on to post same. Was expecting the SALE10 to give me €10 off but before that they took off another €10. Good result!

Think its only good till midnight... :(

• Advertisement

Must have been until midnight as can't get the €10 off €50 to appear for me at all - didn't see that on there yesterday so you must have got lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Boxes of woodscrews seem pretty cheap at the moment, various sizes starting at 59c

http://www.ie.screwfix.com/screws-nails-fixing/screws/woodscrews/where/dir/asc/order/price

Bought a good few last night, delivery was €8 or something

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

Hi lads,
    the cheapest i can get this for is 119,

129 on the site with IEJAN9 discount code.

tell me, whats this drill like with masonary block wall.

does it have hammer action?

I need this drill to do block wall otherwise its a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Guys looking for replies from who have ordered from screwfix

How long does the delivery usually take?
    is 2-3 days accurate?

crasy dash wrote: »
    Guys looking for replies from who have ordered from screwfix

How long does the delivery usually take?
    is 2-3 days accurate?

Ordered 3 times so far and delivered in 2 days each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

A new €10 off €50 code if anyone's interested: IEJAN1 - Valid until March 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone looking for a drill in a B+M store,there's this nice alternative:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=7114360

97-7114360SPA78UC1184981M.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

does screwfix have any shops in ireland? or is all online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭wait4me

All basically online for us here. They have opened some stores in Northern Ireland. check the screwfix.co.uk website under store locators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭AlanG

zerks wrote: »
    For anyone looking for a drill in a B+M store,there's this nice alternative:

http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=7114360

97-7114360SPA78UC1184981M.jpg

Any idea how the argos drill is for quality?

Advertisement